• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)

2022 Pin Celebration – One Family (8/12 & 8/13)
I have a lot of thoughts about this, but I'm out to dinner, so I'll have to wait to post. But wow...that's a lot to unpack!

Also notice they're upcharging for everything from seating in the trading area at the event to extra board trades to extra attendees for the open trading on registration day. :(
They did the same for the 2019 FairyTales Event. $15 to "Bring a Friend" to Pre-registration day, $30 for a Trading Table spot, $30? for extra Board Tabs. All awarded by RSP.

ALSO - no telling how many $275 packages are being sold. Unlike the 100 "Best in Show" tickets at the 2019 Event. There could be 500 people in the "get in first" line each day!!

AND - no "Gift Card" returning some of your money. It's $175 period. :( :( :(

Thankfully nothing I desperately need . A few I like that I might look for at some point
Seems a high price for only 1/3 of the event pins being exclusive , maybe I'm reading it wrong though . I'll take a better look later today

Looks like I don't need to sponsor someone. Of the entire catalog, I only need the Bing Bong spinner pin (DLR release), Judy and Bolt from the Family Personality set (DLR release) and the Say Cheese! Robin Hood (shopDisney release). The Rafiki Family Motto pin is also great, since I like really like Lion King quote pins, but it's not a need to have.

(Also - they did it AGAIN. The Family Personality set uses mostly adjectives, but they used a noun - extrovert - instead of an adjective - extroverted - on Stitch. )

6669892c65daae6333fce568e90f28d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, ONLY 1 Pin (Lion King), that was previewed at the 2021 Virtual Event, will be Epcot Event exclusive??!! Hello!!!????

So I wasn't crazy about the theme at all for the pin event this year. Now the weird Event/Disneyland/Disney Shopping.com release only criteria? Also, seems to be a big amount of mystery pins verses the single designs. Not a lot of what I need and for the prices I think I rather try to do the co-op's, if possible.

Personally I rather spend my money on the Pink a la Mode pins that, to me, are better designs than what I have seen in the catalog. I will try to meet up with pin friends but I think I am going to take a pass on the Event this year. Having that weird release format seem to be watering down the importance of the Event.

Okay, next day thoughts! $175 is a ridiculous price...especially when they're taking away the gift card! This is the first year that the price has made me really, truly hesitate. I'll probably still go, just because it's been slim trading the last few years, and I'd like to do the trading room. But man...way to kick people when they're down!

On that note, this upcharge stuff is another slap to the face. TBH, I like the $15 bring a person, because I like bringing my husband to sit with my bags (he watches anime, and it helps with my relatively new health issues to not have to drag my bags around). But the other stuff seems a little excessive...

The catalog is pretty uninspired.

I don't understand releasing the pins in multiple locations. So we get to pay $175 to buy pins, but everyone else gets a shot for free? And, let's be honest...the better pins are going to DLR/Shop Disney. If they wanted to do this and drive home the "One Family" thing, then what they SHOULD have done was have a series of one day events/PTNs around the world, release a small batch of pins at these events (Paris events usually have a good amount, something between 10-15), all leading up to our big event at EPCOT. Make those traders pay to go to an event, too (plus, it's more fun to go to an event, rather than just getting a drop). I don't understand why it's just DLR and Shop Disney instead of a worldwide thing. Maybe they couldn't get the other Parks to join in?

Side note: Using Big Hero 6 as the Japan/Tokyo representation annoys me a little. I mean, it does make a certain amount of sense, and BH6 isn't UNPOPULAR in Japan. But man, they will do anything and everything to avoid using Duffy and Friends.

Also on that note, the selection of characters for the pins feels a little weird. I am so, so tired of not having anything (or having very little) to get from these events. I mean, I think I'm coming up on something like...7 years?...of having a blah selection. And since I'm complaining anyway, the art is blah, too. Back around 2008, even if I didn't have my characters to buy, I would still pick up some traders, because the art was good and the characters were popular. I do like seeing the rare movies/characters get a chance...but maybe we've skewed TOO much in that direction? I dunno. All I know is I'm getting tired of being disappointed in the catalog.

In the interesting category- that Bob's Burgers pin! Is this the first time we've seen Fox pins? And does that mean they're going to do Simpsons, too?

Random: the waiting room has me worried. I don't like the idea that I get there one time (or early), and I might get shuffled to the back. Mostly I'm concerned about not getting that $15 Bring a Friend for my husband. Him watching my bags for Thursday will make all the difference for me. But I am also slightly concerned about getting in at all. I think 2019 was the first year the event sold out in minutes, correct? I'm very lucky that something told me to get up and order it during drop that day, because for the pin event, it used to not be an issue. So yeah...the concept of a waiting room has me concerned.

So yeah. I'm not spitting mad about anything, but a lot of it did make me raise my eyebrows or sigh in disappointment. If I had time, I'd love to do a year-by-year comparison of the years, just to display how much we've lost, yet how they keep raising the price. Pretty SOP of Disney, really- especially since 2010 or so.

Theme had potential for great unique pins, imo. This is literally the purpose of Disneyland(s). I feel like they just slapped “family” in front of everything and felt like a stretch.

Think they should have focused less on characters and more on what makes the park for families. Like a Lilo & Stitch cast on Jungle Cruise, 7 Dwarves taking a photo in front of the castle, Lady and Tramp eating a churro from both ends, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was so sure I was going to go... made hotel reservations, but the higher cost without the equivalent value of previous years events has me thinking this is not worth it. I like to think I put my money where my mouth is... I don't know... will see how I feel on June 7.

I haven't really looked into this event much - just did a quick scan of the pin releases from DPB's IG post - but I saw many BH6 pins that made me go OH NO. x'D

After looking at bigger images of the catalog, my thoughts:

- Connected As One - Incredibles
There's a new solo Violet pin! :D She's part of a set, and I don't know if the 750 edition size will be easy or difficult to trade for, but yay! A new pin of just her that isn't a repeat pose!

- Family Dinner - Baymax & Mochi:
This is really cute! T-T Relieved at the higher edition size, but will that actually make this easier to acquire? Baymax is so popular.

- Family Memories - BH6
Aww! Another Tadashi pin!

- Friends & Family in Park Languages Mystery Box
The perfect box for me would contain the Mulan, BH6, and Aladdin. :3 The Aladdin is particularly appealing, as that seems a new design/pose?
(Oh, this will be on ShopDisney too? Why do I feel like I still wouldn't be able to get a box? x'D Not really a need but wouldn't say no to a trade if given the opportunity!)

- Family Personality Box Set
Stop, you're killing me with all the BH6 pins! Dx Baymax and Judy are adorable! :3

...*chokes* $195 and LE 300???! Only in my dreams then, lmao. Sad, since I really, really like these.

- Wish You Were Here! - London
Not crazy about the pin itself, but the postcard is beautiful! ^^

Say Cheese! - Incredibles
Violet! But repeat pose (I think? Either way, it could have a been a lot more fun and inspired) and mostly Jack-Jack, so pass.

========

Pin prices seem really high, which is especially disheartening because I see a lot of pins I'd really like to have. :(

Also, I hadn't noticed the pins being separated by release location until I read a few previous posts, but yeah, that's not usual for events, right? It doesn't really seem like it's a special event at WDW if releases are just gonna be divided between DLR & ShopDisney too (especially the latter!).

I
I was so sure I was going to go... made hotel reservations, but the higher cost without the equivalent value of previous years events has me thinking this is not worth it. I like to think I put my money where my mouth is... I don't know... will see how I feel on June 7.
I mean...it's still a WDW vacation?

I haven't really looked into this event much - just did a quick scan of the pin releases from DPB's IG post - but I saw many BH6 pins that made me go OH NO. x'D

After looking at bigger images of the catalog, my thoughts:

- Connected As One - Incredibles
There's a new solo Violet pin! :D She's part of a set, and I don't know if the 750 edition size will be easy or difficult to trade for, but yay! A new pin of just her that isn't a repeat pose!

- Family Dinner - Baymax & Mochi:
This is really cute! T-T Relieved at the higher edition size, but will that actually make this easier to acquire? Baymax is so popular.

- Family Memories - BH6
Aww! Another Tadashi pin!

- Friends & Family in Park Languages Mystery Box
The perfect box for me would contain the Mulan, BH6, and Aladdin. :3 The Aladdin is particularly appealing, as that seems a new design/pose?
(Oh, this will be on ShopDisney too? Why do I feel like I still wouldn't be able to get a box? x'D Not really a need but wouldn't say no to a trade if given the opportunity!)

- Family Personality Box Set
Stop, you're killing me with all the BH6 pins! Dx Baymax and Judy are adorable! :3

...*chokes* $195 and LE 300???! Only in my dreams then, lmao. Sad, since I really, really like these.

- Wish You Were Here! - London
Not crazy about the pin itself, but the postcard is beautiful! ^^

Say Cheese! - Incredibles
Violet! But repeat pose (I think? Either way, it could have a been a lot more fun and inspired) and mostly Jack-Jack, so pass.

========

Pin prices seem really high, which is especially disheartening because I see a lot of pins I'd really like to have. :(

Also, I hadn't noticed the pins being separated by release location until I read a few previous posts, but yeah, that's not usual for events, right? It doesn't really seem like it's a special event at WDW if releases are just gonna be divided between DLR & ShopDisney too (especially the latter!).
This is the first year that pins are sold initially outside of the event.

With many of the pins in the 750-1000 release range and it seems only the boxed sets are LE 300. I think it another "dis" to the East Coast collectors. The West Coast folks now get to participate in this in addition to having DSSH, WDI, DEC, MOG stuff.

I foresee a major pin dump into the EPCOT pin store right after the Event with MANY of the pins not sold out.

Susan and I are just so excited so be going to an in-person event, even if the pins aren’t really our jam. We have so many pins to trade they’re coming out of our ears! Anyone want to set up some pre-trades? I’ll cross post in the trading forum.

I am not sure about attending, either. I have been going to the Epcot pin event for at least the last 15 years. But this year there is a much higher price tag for the event, and I am no longer a passholder. For some reason, ticket prices for that weekend are close to $135 a day. if you throw in a ticket to the Halloween party, I could be spending $800-$900 for a 3-4 day trip. And that doesn’t include airfare, which has been horrible. I used to love attending the event and going to WDW, but not so much fun lately

I am not sure about attending, either. I have been going to the Epcot pin event for at least the last 15 years. But this year there is a much higher price tag for the event, and I am no longer a passholder. For some reason, ticket prices for that weekend are close to $135 a day. if you throw in a ticket to the Halloween party, I could be spending $800-$900 for a 3-4 day trip. And that doesn’t include airfare, which has been horrible. I used to love attending the event and going to WDW, but not so much fun lately
Oh No! We are both in the same boat, almost. Been to EVERY Annual Epcot Event since 2003 (Journey through Time) and was an Annual Passholder from 2001 until 2020. :( :(

I never went for the Pins but, between the higher Event price and the cost of Park tickets, it's just too much. Will really miss the Pin Friends!!

Since I live in Florida, I'm hoping that WDW brings back the Pin Trading Nights. Less expensive 1 day Events at hotels would be fun too.

Exactly my calculation. So disappointing...

• Event Registration: Registration for the Disney ONE Family Pin Celebration Event will begin at 1:00 PM EST on June 7, 2022.
  • Links to register: Traditions Package OR ´Ohana Package
  • Traditions Package: Admission is $175 per Guest.
  • ´Ohana Package: Admission is $275 per Guest.

All guests MUST login with their own Disney Account to purchase a ticket; this is also tied to validation of any applicable merchandise discounts when submitting RSP selections. The system will not allow the same Disney Account to purchase more than one ticket.

When registration opens, you will be placed in our virtual queue in random order, regardless of how early you joined this page. All those who enter after booking begins will join the line in numerical order after that.

As registration progresses, you will see the number of Guests ahead of you decrease. Once it’s your turn you will be automatically directed into the registration form.

Once you enter the registration form, you will have 5 minutes to complete each page. If you remain inactive for more than 5 minutes, you will be transferred out of the registration form and queue.

I saw a snarky FB comment about this: "One Family" but each of you has to buy your own ticket and hope for the best.

Enough people are NOT interested in attending that ticket demand might be low and this won't be a problem. But if not, look forward to the barrage of "I got a ticket but my SO/kid/mother/etc couldn't so now what? We wanted to go as a FAMILY."

Oof, I wasn't planning on going anyway so I didn't pay attention, but I thought it was like previous years where you could purchase one additional ticket for a spouse/family member/friend to go with you.

At any rate, good luck to everyone trying for tickets today!

I saw a snarky FB comment about this: "One Family" but each of you has to buy your own ticket and hope for the best.

Enough people are NOT interested in attending that ticket demand might be low and this won't be a problem. But if not, look forward to the barrage of "I got a ticket but my SO/kid/mother/etc couldn't so now what? We wanted to go as a FAMILY."
This is Disney's way to make the MOST $$$$$ by forcing anyone who is not coming alone to pay for the higher priced "Ohana" Package!!!! :( :( :(

Disney Corporate at their best.

Back