• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DOLLS 2023 Limited Edition Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOLLS 2023 Limited Edition Dolls
I don't believe ShopDisney doll prices went up with inflation. How can Disney afford to sell a doll for $150 and then a month later drop her to $70? Feels more like gouging when you pay full price right away, then see other prices they are also willing to take for a doll. The prices have steadily climbed since the designers released in 2011. And up until the 2021 designer dolls that took over a year to leave ShopDisney website, they were selling out mostly the same day. Now Disney has dialed back the edition numbers, but they want to keep the high price they have risen to. It's as simple as that. Ariel didn't sell out in a day, perhaps that is a cause/effect of inflation as people don't have the extra money....but the extras you get in an LE doll and the rising prices is not a "we are so sorry customers, but what can we do - inflation". No, they've seen eBay and aftermarket sales over they years - they think they can do this because in the past people pay more for a sold out doll. How about Disney+ which has lost over 2 mil subscribers and well over a BILLION dollars as of Q4 last year. I would guess any increase in a Disney price of anything, would be them trying make up for those projected numbers.
Ariel is pretty...like her face a lot, outfit nice but not $150 nice. - I say still treat these dolls like the last designers - wait and watch for the sale.
I should have bought. She’s sold out now :/

Screen-Shot-2023-05-29-at-2-04-47-AM.png

I got mine! This Ariel’s tail is far and away the prettiest of all the Ariel dolls and I love the accessories and her hair. I really like her, but people have been complaining about these dolls from the beginning so I’m not surprised that she’s getting complaints (not really talking about any one complaint, just in general). I remember everyone hating on that old Ariel with the scalloped tail and now she’s worth a ton. The dolls price went up with inflation. It’s unfortunate but these dolls are never going back to the old price points and it wouldn’t make sense for them to either.
Hey do you mind helping with something regarding the ariel doll? I’m going to message you.

Thank you for posting her image, @tylertremallose. I hadn't seen her yet.

It's a cute concept. It's nice to see they dropped the price from what they were trying to get from Maleficent. Maleficent is my biggest Disney collectible character, but I just couldn't see paying $150 for what they offered. $100 is more reasonable for a collectible doll. I do like Alice quite a lot, but I'm not sure I want to pay $100 for this one either. It looks too play line to me still. Like they just stuck a Doorables house on a $15-20 Alice doll. It's cute, but I think can live without it. Her shoes are interesting, but seem out of place.

MC has come out with quite a few dolls I liked, and I did like Maleficent and this do like this doll, but the detail and quality didn't match the price range for me. Also, I've been collecting Disney dolls, and dolls in general, for quite a while so I always compare what's new to what I already have. I'm usually satisfied with not trying to find room for anything new unless it's something I love head to toe.

Good luck to anyone who wants her. She is cute.

FYI - these dolls are not selling out. Just saw several at Art of Disney at Disney Springs. Thought Snow White Wedding and Merida sold out? No, just pulled and redistributed to try somewhere else inside Disney. They also have the 2021/22 designers. Watch the outlets

At Disney Springs today, here is current Designer stock.

11506fea8e66fadd8cc638f779b0935e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And here are the 17” (That’s Merida and Jasmine in the back). I did ask about live action Ariel, and was just told, they have not gotten her yet (not sure if that means they will).

ffbd2f0a6352311f0f937760892fa30b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i tried googling but didnt get far, anyone have any idea about this line?
its called the Storybook Doll Collection

I dont know if its limited or not. Maybe one of yall might know.
mb_new-CLP_ComingSoon-StoryBookDolls_20230710_x2_m

i tried googling but didnt get far, anyone have any idea about this line?
its called the Storybook Doll Collection

I dont know if its limited or not. Maybe one of yall might know.
mb_new-CLP_ComingSoon-StoryBookDolls_20230710_x2_m

I hadn't heard of this series. She does look like the play line dolls, though, so I wouldn't think it's LE. YouLoveIt has an article on new deluxe Disney Store Princess dolls, and although the doll doesn't look deluxe to me based on this image, the packaging does. Maybe there are extra accessories to the side that we can't see that makes it deluxe. The packaging of this Moana seems to fit the packaging on the other dolls in article. Read more here: https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/3124-new-disney-store-deluxe-disney-princess-dolls-2023.html

I missed it at first, but there is an image of the Moana doll towards the top under the image of Tinkerbell, next to Ariel. The doll in your image isn't wearing a necklace, but maybe it's included. If I had to bet money, I'd bet this doll is from that series.

I like the Ariel... actually, I think I like them all. I wonder how much they'll cost. The regular dolls got kinda pricy when they weren't on sale at $20. I imagine they'll price these around $35 just based on the recent basic doll price and ily 4ever fashion packs. I'm hoping not. $25-30 seems better. Probably too much to hope for. LOL

I got the Bride this morning. I thought she might hang around a while. 6k is a good size. I'm thinking she may show up back up in stock. They were doing that with quite a few of the more recent releases, so if you wanted her and didn't get her, don't give up hope. Check back. I'm thinking she'll also be found in the parks.

I got the Bride this morning. I thought she might hang around a while. 6k is a good size. I'm thinking she may show up back up in stock. They were doing that with quite a few of the more recent releases, so if you wanted her and didn't get her, don't give up hope. Check back. I'm thinking she'll also be found in the parks.
Shes been spotted at World Of Disney

I hadn't heard of this series. She does look like the play line dolls, though, so I wouldn't think it's LE. YouLoveIt has an article on new deluxe Disney Store Princess dolls, and although the doll doesn't look deluxe to me based on this image, the packaging does. Maybe there are extra accessories to the side that we can't see that makes it deluxe. The packaging of this Moana seems to fit the packaging on the other dolls in article. Read more here: https://www.youloveit.com/dolls/3124-new-disney-store-deluxe-disney-princess-dolls-2023.html

I missed it at first, but there is an image of the Moana doll towards the top under the image of Tinkerbell, next to Ariel. The doll in your image isn't wearing a necklace, but maybe it's included. If I had to bet money, I'd bet this doll is from that series.

I like the Ariel... actually, I think I like them all. I wonder how much they'll cost. The regular dolls got kinda pricy when they weren't on sale at $20. I imagine they'll price these around $35 just based on the recent basic doll price and ily 4ever fashion packs. I'm hoping not. $25-30 seems better. Probably too much to hope for. LOL
if you look at the coming soon on shopdisney, the photo i posted is listed near the bottom, but looking at the dolls in the photo, it seems to match them

if anyone manages to get her, she restocked

@tylertremallose Weird, I don't see the coming soon section. I even did a search for it and nothing came up. Maybe I'm landing on the wrong page. I've had problems with that before. I can't even use Chrome to shop on the site. I have to use Edge or Firefox. Anyway, I'm glad you posted about it because I was clueless and now I'm excited to see the new line. I've been wondering when they'd bring more princess dolls back. I'd love them to add some Villains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back