• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

2024 Pin Discussion & Pin Releases 💬

Link to the form

Pink a la Mode is holding a lottery for the Rose Gold Oyster pin set (LE 100). Cost is $250
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

No.

Just. No.

If people support this kind of terrible business practice by buying into it, they're going to keep doing it. Next will be silver for $350. And pewter for $450. And black for $550. In every color. In every pin they think they can get away with pulling this behavior on.

So, after 25 years of being a completist - NO. I'm not buying any more pins from this company due to this kind of customer-abusing garbage.

No.

Just. No.

If people support this kind of terrible business practice by buying into it, they're going to keep doing it. Next will be silver for $350. And pewter for $450. And black for $550. In every color. In every pin they think they can get away with pulling this behavior on.

So, after 25 years of being a completist - NO. I'm not buying any more pins from this company due to this kind of customer-abusing garbage.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

No.

Just. No.

Also, I hold that alternate metals should not count for completist. But that's just me.

No.

Just. No.

Fun fact. Since I've started making pins, I've learned that changing the metal costs, at most, $50 for the run, as long as the mold (design) doesn't change.

In the anime pin industry, creators capitalize on this so people feel compelled to buy multiples of designs, but costs creators a fraction of amount for a whole new or changed design.

I'm pretty disappointed to see a Disney-adjacent company do it.

New at Hot Topic

c1086be13fa5a77df03255a260be610b.jpg

b6c594c87ed82084852ca69996787e7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back