• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #4 Pick yourself a Disneyshopping, WDI or DSF Jessica Rabbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #4 Pick yourself a Disneyshopping, WDI or DSF Jessica Rabbit

disneypirate

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
For those that are just joining, I am running a series of 24 hour auctions featuring different pins from my collection. My primary goal, as in any auction, is to trade pins from my collection that don't fit into any of the themes I collect to get those that do. Along the way I decided to put a spin on the auction process and include a bit of fun. Encoded within the messages that I post are clues regarding "mystery" pins that I will auction off randomly. By knowing the clues you will be better prepared to know what to bid on the auction so you can win. This is a good thing as the mystery pins tend to be a bit better than what you might expect. The past two winners won the 110th Legacy Rapunzel and Rapunzel PODM. I believe there is a quote that goes something like this, "The best things in life comes in threes, like friends, dreams and memories." However, sometimes you must be patient and wait until the end.

For this auction I have three different redheads listed. Whether they are the most popular red head is up for debate, but you get to choose only one. Place your bid, and in your bid be sure to indicate the one you want.

Pin 61543: DisneyShopping.com - Jessica Rabbit Painting Series Pin http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=61543&sid=4243.1342674032.v2
Pin 84513: WDI - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Red Head http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=84513&sid=4251.1342674069.v2
Pin 87678: DSF - Thanksgiving 2011 - Jessica http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=87678&sid=4279.1342674203.v2

This auction will close at 9 pm PST, 12 am EST July 19.

Pins that I am NOT looking for:
Anything with Stitchin it
Hidden Mickey pins
Open edition pins
Pins that have an up-side-down ratio (i.e. it has more people trading thanwanting)
Pin trading starter kits

Pins that I AM looking for

Pins on my wants list
TRAINS, especially those on my wants list, but no Casey Jr.
Blind boxes of vinylmations (These can be purchased on Disneyshopping.com ifneeded)
Jessica, Maleficent, Tinkerbell, Ariel, HHG and Haunted Mansion
Some older Disney Auction and Disney Shopping, especially with the charactersmentioned above
Current or upcoming WDW, DL, DSF and WDI LE pins, especially PODM
An occasional pirate pin I don't have, but that doesn't happen too often as Ihave lots and lots of them
Creativity in the bid also helps a bit

The winner of each auction also receives a bonus clue, so participating in each auction may be of a significant benefit. Additionally, the way you bid awards you points that may be of some future benefit.
Point leaders:
3 auctions
Combatdre
HandA
amysweppe
Crashmyparty

2 auctions

Vixy
Mickeymouseje:hsd:
D
ieharddonald2

1 auction
Fries440:hsd:
Lady Dobbins:hsd:
dlakersrnumba1

Lucan444
Pinnewbie
zoelovespins
talesoftobv
princessbecky
malafide
wyllieam
mmiano
2spongey6
Jlynne6
Echoharmony

Disneypirate

Aiming for Pin 61543: DisneyShopping.com - Jessica Rabbit Painting Series Pin

Since you did mention you like Disney Auction pins... And although it's not a character from your most wanted, let me start off with this LE 100 DA pin:

Click pic for PinPics details

Looks like my pot of gold would have been a better answer for the "How much for da redhead???". Maybe even Chewy can spare some is his 6 bottles of rum.

Regardless, I've always wondered what would happen when you mixed a binge drinking wookie with a rich Irish fairy, but then again ... who hasn't??

Pin 67667: DLR - St Patrick's Day 2009 - Tinker Bell
Pin 83316: DLR - Sci-Fi Academy - Star Wars - Empire's Most Wanted - Chewbacca
for
Pin 84513: WDI - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Red Head

Last edited:
HandA, I love the humor. Bonus for the creativity.

Leaderboard:
I'm stuck in a three way tie with HandA, Combatdre and dlakersrnumba1. I might have to flip a coin on this one. Hmm...that won't work. A coin only has a front and a back, kind of like a spinner. I guess somebody could choose the edge.

Bidding on: Pin 61543: DisneyShopping.com - Jessica Rabbit Painting Series

My bid:
pin22684

Pin 22684: Ape Pen Publishing - Walt Disney Train Pin

Pin 84945: DSF - Singing Groups - Jessica

OR

Pin 89457: DSF - Pin Trader's Delight - Carl Fredricksen - GWP

FOR

Pin 61543: DisneyShopping.com - Jessica Rabbit Painting Series Pin

I don't really collect Jessica, but I like this one:
Pin 84513: WDI - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Red Head

So I'll try:
Pin 18946: WDI - 50th Anniversary - Magic Kingdom (Gold)
Pin 89172: WDW - Epcot® Flower and Garden Festival 2012 - Tinker Bell (on card)
Pin 58833: WDW - Disney Carousel - Mystery Tin Collection - Donald Duck Only

I won't win I'm sure, but I won't try to bid a fake pirate again :)
I bid:
Pin 71562: WDI - Ghosts at Disneyland - HHG in Tomorrowland

and
Pin 29853: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Cheshire Cat's Curiosity Shop
for
Pin 84513: WDI - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Red Head http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?

pinewbie, thanks for no more fake pirates. LOL! By-the-way, I think you just took the lead. I love those Ghosts. I think I just found a new series I might have to collect, especially the pirate ghosts.
Andres, did you change or bid or add to it? I do like the way you think, however.

Leaderboard
I going with pinewbie in the lead with dalakersrnumba1 in a tight 2nd place, but Andres has me a bit confused at the moment...

OK, so I bid...I"m assuming that it's still park 9 that you're looking for AND since you said that you like creativity I will make you a railroad track from. I can definitely go as big as 8x10, maybe even the next size up depending what I can find in picture frames. Ah yes, while I don't expect to win, although I'm pretty freakin crafty, I would like the WDI Redhead.

Hmmm...rubyslipperedgoddess very interesting bid. I would be interested getting better information regarding this railroad track.

With less than 30 minutes remaining the leaderboard remains the same. Every pirate needs an annoying, talking parrot.

Disneypirate

Because you've gotta drink something when the rum's gone...

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
We kindle and char and inflame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.
We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villians and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.
We're beggars and blighters and ne'er-do-well cads,
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

Oh... I forgot to say I'm bidding for Jessica as The Redhead from Pirates.

Last edited:
Maybe not as good as an annoying parrot, but maybe a couple of annoying chipmunks will do! I will take a shot and add:
pin91109
Pin 91109: DSF - Summer 2012 - Chip and Dale
I won't win I'm sure, but I won't try to bid a fake pirate again :)
I bid:
Pin 71562: WDI - Ghosts at Disneyland - HHG in Tomorrowland

and
Pin 29853: Disney Auctions (P.I.N.S.) - Cheshire Cat's Curiosity Shop
for
Pin 84513: WDI - Jessica Rabbit Characters - Dressed as The Red Head http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?

PS how do you get the little picture links in there??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back