• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #6, the mystery pin--square, rectangle or circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: 24 hour auction #6, the mystery pin--square, rectangle or circle.
Dieharddonald2: I think the one thing that would be frusterating would be toward what disneypirate is going through. The offer you gave was something that would have not been the winning bid. As stated, it was only going to be one winner. So, with that statement alone you would have not won the auction. Disneypirate saw that he wanted to do more so then put the idea of having a winner for each shape. I know I thew some pretty nice bids but I was not in the top ranking. I am just thankful I may have a chance to win the circle shape. I think it was thoughtful of him offering that. Disneypirate is about fairness. Be honest, would you trade that pin your bidding for with what you offered? No, hence your bid increase saying, if I would have known this I would have bid more. Not trying to make you feel bad just trying to have you understand disneypirate's perspective.

dieharddonald2 said:
I am only unhappy because by what the original rules say I should have won.

No, by what the original rules of this auction said, there was only going to be one winner out of all the bids. He was originally going to pick the top in each pin category, and then of those three, pick one as the overall winner. Before David changed, it would have been you against the top in each other pin category. Your bid of one pin would not have won against the other two top bidders of multiple pins.

Also the original rules of this auction did not state that bidders could not change to bidding on a different pin. He did not actually change the rules in that regard.

Last edited:
I agree with the auctioneer, and I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to change the pin I was bidding on, I was just agreeing with docfish2u and realized too late that I probably would have liked the red circle pin better.
so, I agree with the decision to not have my bid changed as I know I didnt meant to ask to change it since I am very much aware it was after the end of auction.
docfish did ask in time and I agree he should be allowed to.

This was great fun and I am thankful for the opportunity to enjoy it.

I am only unhappy because by what the original rules say I should have won. If the rules were going to change I would have liked to have known. Probably everybody who was involved would have like to have known.

Not to make me happy, but to do what is fair would be for him to just put the pin up as a seperate auction and let whoever wants to bid, bid. If disneypirate would agree to that then I think this would be resolved.

Although this is not my auction, I am going to add my 2 cents worth.

The original post does not say you would have won. There was in my opinion to be only one winner and they would receive the pin they bid on.

Since I am at the center of your storm, I would suggest you post what you would have bid had you known my bid. If your bid is better then mine I have no problem with disneypirate accepting your bid instead of mine. Since it is only you and me bidding on that pin put up or shut up.

Disneypirate you have my blessing if you want to go this way. If he outbids me so be it. I never meant to cause an issue and realize I put you in a bad place without intent.

Just a suggestion.

Hi there,

This has been really tough to decide, and I appreciate all of the support. I know you all want to know who the winner is, but after reading docufish2u suggestion, I am going to give dieharddonald2 a chance to either put up or shut up. Dieharddonald2, post what you believe was going to be your winning bid and I will put it under consideration. You can take two approaches: either beat docufish2u's bid to win the square (there was never a rule he couldn't change his bid so it stands as accepted), or you will have be beat everybody else to win. You can pull a moderator into this if you want, but I'm pretty sure I have made my case to be fair so you had better be prepared to accept your consequences as right now I do not believe you are being fair to anyone else involved.

I apologize to everyone for this as I know everybody wants to know the winners, but given the circumstance I am going to give dieharddonld2 his chance.

I have commitments for the next few hours this afternoon. If you will please be patient I will revisit this in a few hours and will do the final annoucement.

Thanks,

Disneypirate

Hi there,

This has been really tough to decide, and I appreciate all of the support. I know you all want to know who the winner is, but after reading docufish2u suggestion, I am going to give dieharddonald2 a chance to either put up or shut up. Dieharddonald2, post what you believe was going to be your winning bid and I will put it under consideration. You can take two approaches: either beat docufish2u's bid to win the square (there was never a rule he couldn't change his bid so it stands as accepted), or you will have be beat everybody else to win. You can pull a moderator into this if you want, but I'm pretty sure I have made my case to be fair so you had better be prepared to accept your consequences as right now I do not believe you are being fair to anyone else involved.

I apologize to everyone for this as I know everybody wants to know the winners, but given the circumstance I am going to give dieharddonld2 his chance.

I have commitments for the next few hours this afternoon. If you will please be patient I will revisit this in a few hours and will do the final annoucement.

Thanks,

Disneypirate

Wow, I actually came up with a good idea? Seemed like the easiest way to go with the least amount of stress for you.

Hi there,

You can take two approaches: either beat docufish2u's bid to win the square (there was never a rule he couldn't change his bid so it stands as accepted), or you will have be beat everybody else to win. You can pull a moderator into this if you want, but I'm pretty sure I have made my case to be fair so you had better be prepared to accept your consequences as right now I do not believe you are being fair to anyone else involved.

It's your movie dieharddonald2. I mean, I think this is more than fair. So good luck to both bidders. I know that DisneyPirate has been in so many situations where it's been tuff. But, in the end he has always been fair. xoxo.

So I see dieharddonald was online a minute ago and now he is gone again. I hope to figure out what his bid is going to be, I can't wait to see it.

This popcorn sure is tasty

You must not be eating the popcorn from the theater with the same initials as American Motor Company. It was stale and the so called butter flavoring was a joke. Sorry for the rant, I hated paying 10 dollars for nasty stuff.

You must not be eating the popcorn from the theater with the same initials as American Motor Company. It was stale and the so called butter flavoring was a joke. Sorry for the rant, I hated paying 10 dollars for nasty stuff.
HA! Why go to the movies when you can get a suspenseful thriller for free right here at DPF!

How does one even start to write a rebuttal to such chaos. My question really is, where do I start from? Do I base my bid off of Docfish's last bid? If so I was greatly outbid, so much so its basically throwing extra pins into the auction. Or do I base my bid off of if someone had bid after me on what I was biding? If so it can't be that much because we were still at the beginning of the auction. Either way here is my bid.

72261: WDW - Gold Card - The Haunted Mansion® - Ghost Hearse
72262: WDW - Gold Card - The Haunted Mansion® - Hitchhiking Ghosts
65318: WDW - Piece of Disney History III - The Haunted Mansion (Spinner)
61827: WDW - The Haunted Mansion® - Friday the 13th - 5 Pin Boxed Set - Ghostly Quintet

Be that as it may, all I can say is that this got out of hand very quickly. Next time, I will randomly bid against my self.

How does one even start to write a rebuttal to such chaos. My question really is, where do I start from? Do I base my bid off of Docfish's last bid? If so I was greatly outbid, so much so its basically throwing extra pins into the auction. Or do I base my bid off of if someone had bid after me on what I was biding? If so it can't be that much because we were still at the beginning of the auction. Either way here is my bid.

72261: WDW - Gold Card - The Haunted Mansion® - Ghost Hearse
72262: WDW - Gold Card - The Haunted Mansion® - Hitchhiking Ghosts
65318: WDW - Piece of Disney History III - The Haunted Mansion (Spinner)
61827: WDW - The Haunted Mansion® - Friday the 13th - 5 Pin Boxed Set - Ghostly Quintet

Be that as it may, all I can say is that this got out of hand very quickly. Next time, I will randomly bid against my self.

If it had been me who complained about something not being fair I would have made sure to hit it out of the park. You knew what I was bidding so why wouldn't you try to top it? It only got out of hand because you were complaining. There is no way your original bid would have won you the pin. I can't imagine if you were the only bidder with that bid that disneypirate would ever let 3 people win(in my opinion, I don't want to speak for him). I stepped up and put a good bid down because I thought I new what the pin was and decided I liked the square one better then the rectangle. You don't have to bid against yourself if you don't want to, but it is good manners to put a fair bid up. Again, just my opinion.

Disneypirate, the choice is now yours.

How was I supposed to know no one was going to bid? Both other auctions started with just one pin. What if no one had bid on those? Would we be having the same issue?

I think we all should just calm down and wait for DisneyPirate to choose a winner and be done with it. Dieharddonald2, everyone involved have been more than accommodating to make this "fair" in your eyes so it's going to be judge on the "best bid". I think docfish2u has been a great sport about being open to let you throw a final offer out there. So thank you for that docfish2u. Let's just wait and see who the winner is. Best of luck to the both of you. xoxo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back