• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

A better, brighter DSF lineup idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
A better, brighter DSF lineup idea
Random thought...

Random releases... announce every month that these pins are going to being coming out. but dont announce the dates. THEN on top of that spread em out... so this crazy choc box release would have been 1 pin one day, 2 pins another... etc...

to those who want to try and change anything tell DSF in person as we UKers voiced our opinion regarding lower LE's etc pins stopped for a few months and returned with LE150's and other lower than LE700 pins as we made the choice to say something as they stopped and re-worked out pins in general. its just a thought.

What about mystery bags for the releases? There are 1200 mystery bags for 4 pins. each Person is aloowed to buy two because they are LE. That would allow 600 people to buy the pins, first come first serve, trade for what they didn't get, etc etc etc

What about mystery bags for the releases? There are 1200 mystery bags for 4 pins. each Person is aloowed to buy two because they are LE. That would allow 600 people to buy the pins, first come first serve, trade for what they didn't get, etc etc etc

interesting idea, but it would not stop the line up... only the pre sales.

interesting idea, but it would not stop the line up... only the pre sales.

I don't want to stop the line up personally, I like them, besides how long do you think it would take for 600 traders to get there. even with a lot of people calling in reinforcements this past Saturday, not many locals were on the outside of 300. bot 300 people's worth. And if you make them 5 pin sets at LE 300 each pin, that is 1500 pins, 750 people to buy them. The majority of the need for lining up is peoples desire to not miss buying the pins at Disney prices. People will still Pre-sell also, just not as high a price because they cannot guarantee they will get a certain pin. I give you Exhibit 1: WDI sorcerer hat mystery boxes. they make 1000 pins with one to a box. they limit the amount someone can buy at 5 per person guaranteeing 200 people can buy the pins. Some families bought their whole allotment at the carsland set release but did not walk away with all 5 pins, whereas others walked away with complete sets. total random luck of the draw. Exhibit 2: Mystery box DLR fastpasses. How much are those pins worth??? The mystery box idea will work!

What about surprise wristbands? You need a wristband for the pins, but they only hand out the wristbands randomly sometime the week before. It could be an hour before the release or 72 hours before the release. Or they could hand out 50 at a time randomly up to 3 days before the release.

No.

I absolutly loooooove the blind bag idea. I honestly think that PoDMs should've been punt in blind bags and I would love to be able to go down to DSF and grab 2 for a set and STILL have a chance at the higher end pin, or the nicers ones. Maybe not all releases either. Say any movie release has a regular pin release, but holiday, anniversary or beloved tales put into blind bags. If there's a 4 pin set, at le 300, you could still buy 8. But there's no picking and choosing and the line goes reallllly fast.

For me personally I'd love to see possibly either more le500 pins OR a stricter limit of pins you can buy. Say only 1 set of every Le 300 or below AND 2 sets of every le 500 and up.

Honestly? DSF should just not allow lines ups and call the police until 6 am the morning of. Like you can't be on premises, in the alley whatever. Sure. Wait across the street, in your car whatever.

How about A, B, C, & D tickets. A tickets get Rapunzels, up, ariel, etc. B is Jessica, Jack, Stitch. C is lower, D is worst. You can only use 4 tickets a month, 1 each level. Tangled and Up in one release? Pick 1 only.

Here's a _REEEALLY_ crazy idea...

It would eliminate the camp outs, they could hand out all the wristbands at an announced time, no mobs waiting to storm in...
It would be somewhat of an inconvenience to a DSF employee or two though...

1- Announce a time in the afternoon that wristbands will be handed out, say 3pm, all 150 (+ some stand by) wristbands
2- Make the location unknown and somewhere different every time.
3- Announce the location 1 or 2 hours before 3pm.

And by 'unknown location', I mean it could be anywhere they could legally make it happen. Do it at DTD one time, do it in the parking lot of WDI if that's feasible, on/near the studio lot. Random public parks, the beach, whatever... :) Even the DSF alley occasionally.

The point is, if no one knows _where_ to go, they can't line up early, can they? A couple of hours advance warning gives people a chance to get there at least... Sure, if favors people closest, but if it changes every release, it helps out everyone overall...

Probably would never happen, but it would kind of be interesting to watch... :)

How about A, B, C, & D tickets. A tickets get Rapunzels, up, ariel, etc. B is Jessica, Jack, Stitch. C is lower, D is worst. You can only use 4 tickets a month, 1 each level. Tangled and Up in one release? Pick 1 only.

You know maybe you could just preorder tickets...not neccessarily for a certain character but like....maybe a certain release?

Actually maybe beginning of the month they let people preorder wristbands? The wristband could be printed with your name and you have ot show a PHOTO id to receive pins?

Or maybe a membership card? buying a certain amount of pins or attending releases could maybe get a free ptd? It would be like a yearly membership? And all those who have it are automatically sent email wristbands/confimation and get to go one day ahead of everyone else? You must RSVP though to get your pins and provide photo id.

The membership card could cost 25-40$ a year.

I like the raffle idea and how people can sign up online(facebook?) or in person. Each person that wins will get an email with a number, so they know what order they are in line once they get there. Also DSF can keep a list of who wins, so they can have different winners each time. I know that will create a lot of extra work for them, but people won't complain about never getting chosen. To prevent camp-outs, people who didn't get chosen or didn't enter the raffle can't start lining up before 6am (4am for the trading events) on the release date. People who do have numbers must print out their email that they got with their number on it and show up an hour before the pins are released.

It's just an idea.It's okay if you hate it.

I also didn't read every single post, so if someone suggested this exact same thing, sorry!

Or ... cancel in store releases all-together and release them at un-anounced times via internet to give non So-Cal residents a chance as well, similar to disneystore.com. The funds from pins sales can be funneled back to DSF to keep their accounting book and El Capitan on the positive. They can still release PTD with their famous sundaes in store and keep some of the foot traffic.

They can limit it to 1 pin per address to give more people a chance. Re-sellers will find a loophole around this too, but at least it will make these pins more accessible to others.

And maybe increase edition size to 400 to make it similar to releases from DLRP.

Last edited:
Or ... cancel in store releases all-together and release them at un-anounced times via internet to give non So-Cal residents a chance as well, similar to disneystore.com. The funds from pins sales can be funneled back to DSF to keep their accounting book and El Capitan on the positive. They can still release PTD with their famous sundaes in store and keep some of the foot traffic.

They can limit it to 1 pin per address to give more people a chance. Re-sellers will find a loophole around this too, but at least it will make these pins more accessible to others.

And maybe increase edition size to 400 to make it similar to releases from DLRP.

This would make me so happy.

Why not do what DLR did this past summer with their releases? Online wristband distribution?

+10000000000

I have been tring to tell everyone this for the past 6 pages. Why try to think of dum new fun way to make it better to YOU. I think its more likely that disney would do sumthing they already know how to and they know it works. im not sure of a good reason to not do it this way. unless you belive in the "i can make up 50 name and when with all of them. lol i still want to learn the trick of winning the disney drawings.. You know they give aeay trips and other big stuff with the online drawings. Next time u win all the trips to wdw.. plaease please take us :anxious::facepalm: lol

My idea. No wristbands, line ups. Everyone who wants to enter the raffle must be there in person to win. Every person gets a raffle ticket as they enter (only one way in) and has to sign their name to receive the raffle ticket (that's how they do it with the special pin events, right?)

Everyone who has gotten a raffle ticket herds into the first floor of El Capitan. Then person with a microphone stands on stage and announces the winners (pulls each raffle ticket out of a bucket and calls the winning number). That person appears with their ticket, gets checked against the list (to make sure they signed in), then gets the wristband and voucher to purchase the item.

Sound good?

Another alternative is to herd everyone into the first floor of the El Capitan and, like Bingo, call out the winning seat numbers/letters!

I think bigger pin sizes is almost an absolute "Should Do" at this point. Especially given the popularity of Up and Tangled. This release has proven that much...

I know some have argued that bigger pin sizes means less trading value but I politely disagree. Look at PODMs (yeah these are so sought after for scene quality but the edition size is HUGE and even some of the common scenes are still incredibly trade worthy!) and some other pins...like... take for example the pin... Grotto Reflections. It's an LE 750 but is INCREDIBLY trade-able due to it's artwork, design and size. A fairly large edition pin but one that is considered very rare and very sought after. Same with R/C girls. The main collection, aside from Rapunzel, was still estimated to be pretty large in number but they trade like they are diamonds. I think if the pin is designed well enough and beautiful all around, despite it's edition size, it will still be a good trading pin.

I'm all for DSF making higher LE numbered pins.

I think bigger pin sizes is almost an absolute "Should Do" at this point. Especially given the popularity of Up and Tangled. This release has proven that much...

I know some have argued that bigger pin sizes means less trading value but I politely disagree. Look at PODMs (yeah these are so sought after for scene quality but the edition size is HUGE and even some of the common scenes are still incredibly trade worthy!) and some other pins...like... take for example the pin... Grotto Reflections. It's an LE 750 but is INCREDIBLY trade-able due to it's artwork, design and size. A fairly large edition pin but one that is considered very rare and very sought after. Same with R/C girls. The main collection, aside from Rapunzel, was still estimated to be pretty large in number but they trade like they are diamonds. I think if the pin is designed well enough and beautiful all around, despite it's edition size, it will still be a good trading pin.

I'm all for DSF making higher LE numbered pins.

:like:

Also, they could just make UP and Tangled pins surprise pins. This would reduce the amount of people camping out. I mean honestly, if they only previewed the Stitch and Robin Hood chocolate boxes, hardly anyone would be camped out right now. . .

There's an evil part of me that wants DSF to shutdown the whole pin program. I would save tons of money on pins, gas, food, parking, and time. Do it, DSF!

Also, they could just make UP and Tangled pins surprise pins. This would reduce the amount of people camping out. I mean honestly, if they only previewed the Stitch and Robin Hood chocolate boxes, hardly anyone would be camped out right now. . .

Unless the DSF CMs told or hinted that there would be "special" surprise pins to a select few. And once those people showed up, it would be "game on." I already saw where people are speculating that this release has a surprise pin (Jessica calendar).

History says this doesn't work. Someone at DSF slipped to a friend the existence of a Tangled BT and then we had people camping for releases just to see the surprise pin. I've watched people rip wristbands off and leave once no-surprise pin was announced. Just up the edition sizes for the crazy popular stuff. It's not that hard and they will make more money. In the off chance it makes it to the rack for a little while then the tourists will have more reason to come and shop, and they may buy more than just pins. Now they only have a PTD, Tinker Bell Fairies, and DSF OE pins like Mickey, Tink, and Pooh.

Many of us have heard striaght from Ed that without us they wouldn't still be there.

Yeah... I've heard that too. If that's the case, then it would be far simpler to adjust those LE sizes to something slightly larger. Once the panic of not getting an LE 300 is supressed by the LE 750, then all this crazy stuff ends. No wristbands, no lines, and no fighting over the limited amount of swings on the swingset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back