• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! A zap by any other name smell as sweet? IMG HEAVY, no really these pics are HUGE

ZAPPED! A zap by any other name smell as sweet? IMG HEAVY, no really these pics are HUGE

Molly

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Backstory on this transaction goes like this:

Rasputin/Motherknowsbest had an auction for a Giselle Crown pin that I wanted to get for my daughter Joy, she LOVES Giselle but only has a couple of her pins. I bid with a you pick your choice of two things and after he let me know I won he sent me a text message (I was glued to the football game where I would be right now if it would STOP RAINING) and asked if I would include both choices if they added in the SCOOP PIN from my signature.I was like "ummm I will have to think about it for awhile and let you know" total lie, I actually said something like "YES YES YES YES YES YES AND M/F'IN YES!!"

This zap was disguised as a trade but anyone ANYWHERE would agree that this was a zap, a big one and one that I will never forget. This pin will live in my collection as long as I do. The Waxes have done it again, there generosity is immeasurable, it is the kind of thing that you would only hear about happening to someone else and even then doubt that it actually happened. As anyone and everyone that has had the pleasure to deal with, know or even observe, the Wax family are people that give not because they enjoy basking in the gratitude, they are genuinely kind, caring and of course generous souls. I cannot thank you enough, this is the kind of gift that cannot be thanked enough, I will be trying though.

I had never actually seen the pin person before and although PP has its dimensions listed it never occurred to me that it was so BIG!! I am not talking jumbo big,I am talking its so damn big it needs a kick stand big! It was bigger and better than anything I could have hoped it to be. I have wanted that pin from the first time I saw it a year ago and it has been just out of my reach several times since then and we all know the disappointment of the dreaded words.....sorry I cant do that :( The pin has FIVE pin on pin, pins four of them on the right side and the last one being the Mickey balloon on the top left corner. It is signed by both the artist AND Scoop Sanders himself!

As much as I enjoy collecting pins, as much as I am genuinely happy to look at my pins on a daily basis, I can tell you all that I have never had such a pin crush on any pin in my possession. I love this pin so much I want to carry it around with me all the time. I had to leave for business this week and I actually DID take it with me so I could photograph it carefully when I had time in the evenings.

Without further ado, may I present my holiest of holy and the pin that all others should be compared.......trust me I have MANY more pictures than this but these convey its greatness. Good luck to the rest of you that now HAVE to have this pin!

IMG_1393.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1395.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1396.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1397.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1406.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1415.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1408.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1419.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1420.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1409.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1421.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1403.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1411.jpg
[/IMG]

YOU GOT WAXED!!!

wax_original.gif

BUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: I've been holding that one in for a while you can tell :lol: Darris and Angie are seriously amazing, but we all knew that already :lol:

@Kupo, RIGHT? Saying they are awesome is like saying the sun is bright/hot etc. or that the ocean is big and wet, its something we all know but when burned by the first or drenched by the second, its hard to convey just how much something can effect your life. Waxed indeed. My suggestion for being "Rasputined" is now scrapped and I am in full agreement of the far more appropriate "Waxed" as it is clearly a family affair and both of them should be acknowledged.

@Everyone else, thank you for cheerleading! Grail dance woot woot!

I am so glad that this pin has found a true home. As much as I absolutely LOVED this pin I felt bad that I didn't have a place to properly display it any longer (with new dolls and designer pins all coming out my shelf space is in high demand)... and this is a pin that deserves to be on display for all to see!

Back