• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

All these sales games

Should sales games have a sub forum?

• Yes

Votes: 115 94.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these sales games
Holy moly Judy, over 1000 feedback and still 100%. I bow to your greatness, that is amazing! The forum would not be the same without you, and its so awesome to see that!!! Here's to another 1000.

What are you talking about, tiggermickey doesn't have THAT man-OH MY WHAT THE?!?!?
tumblr_m81h933uBD1rce2r1o1_400.gif

And here I am, not even touching double digits
tumblr_m5men8z3vv1qbxc6bo1_500.gif

Yeah, a separate subforum would be really helpful.

I think the main concern isn't whether the games are a good deal or not - people can make up their own minds whether they want to spend the money to play. The bigger concern is whether some/all of them are legal. The mods/owners might want to get a legal opinion.
I do hope there is serious follow-through on this. Legality/illegality cannot just be assumed based on similarity to another website; i.e. eBay.

They're like PINception...it's a sale thread within an auction thread within a game omg.
:lol:

yup.

First there was descussion.
Then there was some comments that upset some folks.
Next was some heated discussion about those comments.
Then there was more discussion about the topic of my OP.
Then another comment that got folks upset.
Aaaaand more heated discussion.
Then folks simmered down.
There were even apologies! Awesome!
And back to the topic for about 3 replies.
But then we got waaaaay sidetracked.
Some folks try to bring the topic back on track. (including me a few times)
However, at the moment, the recent replies are generally entertaining.
Of course, the whole thread is a bit popcorn worthy.

What was this topic again? I should know, i wrote the thing. LOL

OH!!!! should there be a sub forum for the sales games? please, if you have not yet done it, answer the poll question.

I think that the only person that can have these games are Goofy Moe he was the founder. He is creative and everyone else stole his idea. People stop stealing his magic. On another note: there are people out there posting games "KNOWING" they have scrappers and fakes (not applicable to all) and stuff and my friends have been receiving scrappers and fake pins. now thats sad and rediculous. Those are illegal actions. Goofy Moe i know is fair and square but others need to really refine their games this is NOT toy story mania people.

It is hard to believe that anyone would send a scrapper knowingly in one of these games. To refuse to send another pin when they found out what they sent is bad. I can see someone making a mistake but not wanting to fix it is just plain wrong!

I read where it didn't matter if anyone voted or not at this point so, no, I hadn't .... but since you called me out on it... LOL.... I HAVE NOW.... I agree to a subforum for sure. It is frustrating to look for sales through all the games or games through all the sales. They each deserve their own subforum like the auctions got.

I guess I will give my two cents where the games are concerned since I am just now finishing my first one tomorrow. All my slots (100) did not sell out but most of them did. I offered some great pins down to some average pins and everything in between. I am an honest trader, so I did think some of the comments throughout these 6 pages were over generalizations. In the long run Goofy_Moe will be correct. I do feel that one should not and can not judge off of one game. It is what happens in the future that will determine. I do trade as well as do the monthly RAK attacks but I tend to not post that often. I do think that DOES have a baring on the games as well. The better people know you the better your participation will be. Once you have the participation then what you give will determine what kind of participation you get in the future. Either you will end up known for doing good, even great, games or not. I know my PODM's were not the greatest this time around and am happy with the results of my first game. The next one will be better. If you put out scrappers in your games people will not play again. Think about that~

I also have a comment about listing all your pins you are giving out. If you list everything you can lose the element of surprise in your games. I like that element of the games. I wish I could have afforded to play some of the other games but I have little money and a lot of pins so for now running the games is what I can afford to do. There were several different games I would have loved to have been able to join. I do not like the ones where you don't win anything. The exception to that was the Bingo games. They looked like they would have been fun and in my opinion you are paying to play not to win. Since money is not going out to the winner I do not know if giving a prize is the same as gambling in Bingo for money. Someone should look into that part of it.

These were the only points I wanted to share. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts and Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
yup.

First there was descussion.:hug:
Then there was some comments that upset some folks.:rant:
Next was some heated discussion about those comments.:soapbox:
Then there was more discussion about the topic of my OP.:coffee:
Then another comment that got folks upset.:poke:
Aaaaand more heated discussion.:lurk:
Then folks simmered down.:suspect:
There were even apologies! Awesome!:love:
And back to the topic for about 3 replies.:rolleyes:
But then we got waaaaay sidetracked.:io:
Some folks try to bring the topic back on track. (including me a few times):facepalm:
However, at the moment, the recent replies are generally entertaining:hsd:.
Of course, the whole thread is a bit popcorn worthy.:drool:

What was this topic again? I should know, i wrote the thing. LOL:crazy:

OH!!!! should there be a sub forum for the sales games? please, if you have not yet done it, answer the poll question.

Here is your recap with smilies added... LOL...

There are so many different sales games going, that regular sales threads are getting buried.:eek2: Totally buried. Not even noticed. And that concerns me. I plan to sell off a tonn of my basic traders after Christmas and I don't want my regular "no game no gimmick no prize" sales thread to get pushed to page 2 over and over. I do not want to have to bump my sales thread 4x a day, just to be sure it is noticed.

Just glanced over this thread, didn't get into the heated arguments so I don't know if anything I'll be stating has already been discussed but here are my 2 cents.

There should be a separate subforum for sales games with a STANDARDIZED set of RULES. That way everyone can will have an understanding of how to host a game and an understanding of what you are "buying" into as a "contestant."

Like Pixie mentioned above, these games get a ton of publicity because they get bumped up in the thread by other members who are participating in the game. Then the OP's can "update" based on spots taken/remaining, "PM'd", etc. bumping the thread to the top of the subforum. For those who are trying to sell their pins using the standard format, they are limited to 1 bump per day. So if you aren't running a game then you're essentially at a disadvantage in terms of publicity.

I'm so glad someone raised this as I'd been thinking it was a bit difficult with all the games & sales etc in the same thread. A separate one is a good idea!

As for rules... I'm with the others (sorry to cop out but it's 5.20am and I can't sleep!). It needs to be clear what you're getting if you win & loose. I know nothing of the legalities of the games where you may end up with nothing. If they turn out to be not quite within the law then they should stay out, otherwise I don't have an issue with them.

A requirement of post count/+ive fb received/length of time on the forum would be a very good and reassuring rule.

I'm on the fence over how exact the descriptions should be; it's a game-it's meant to be fun & there should be some element of surprise still.
Perhaps saying things like "the prize is a very rare hard to find pin" without further clarification (ie its a PoDm/Tangled etc) should be discouraged as they are subjective statements.

But yes please, a sub forum of some variety would be great. Having said that it is possible that they will decrease in number once Christmas is over???

Disclaimer: I went to my work Christmas party tonight, there was too much food & alcohol present! Now I can't sleep & I have work in the morning :( *sob*
So I'm pretty sure everything I've said here is coherent & nice to everyone, if its not please shout quietly! Lol :)

I know since January is my B-Day month I may run another one similar to the way I ran the first one. I am contemplating a couple of slight changes but that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back