• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Am I entitled to a refund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I entitled to a refund?
I agree, it isn't rocket science to figure out who left the low stars. A pal of mine left one for a seller awhile back and got an immediate "WHAT THE?!" from the seller. My pal really should have talked to the seller first - communication: key.

I think the seller in this thread was just venting. I always try to remember that eBay is kinda like a flea market/garage sale - not everyone knows the ropes.

Some sellers are real companies (Disney still sells on eBay last time I checked), while others are just starting to sell (still figuring it all out). Some people have a lot to sell, but they just may not be well versed in customer service. We all have our strengths and, well, customer service isn't everyone's cup of tea. It's easy to say "well, then they shouldn't be selling," but eBay is the 'only game in town' when you're trying to sell that new purse you got for Christmas, but don't like - or the pins you bought for traders that just didn't net the Tink you were looking for.

I've had some wonky sellers on eBay, but I've also met people there who have become great friends. When I find a good seller, I'm loyal to the end.

The customer is always right.

I cannot even express how much I hate that phrase. There has not been a phrase that has actually HURT customers and businesses more than this phrase.

It is the tool of every con man, cheapskate, and ornery customer in existence. People who hate their lives use it to take their frustrations out on sales people who can't talk back to them.

Someone thought it was cute and clever (oh, haha, they are actually wrong, but we want their money, let's just take their abuse). Yeah, real cute.

Re: the actual issue...seller seems sincere, who knows? If you got your money back, it's likely he/she's innocent and it's just slow mail. Guess time will tell, unless it got lost.

Last edited:
I cannot even express how much I hate that phrase. There has not been a phrase that has actually HURT customers and businesses more than this phrase.

It is the tool of every con man, cheapskate, and ornery customer in existence. People who hate their lives use it to take their frustrations out on sales people who can't talk back to them.

Someone thought it was cute and clever (oh, haha, they are actually wrong, but we want their money, let's just take their abuse). Yeah, real cute.

Re: the actual issue...seller seems sincere, who knows? If you got your money back, it's likely he/she's innocent and it's just slow mail. Guess time will tell, unless it got lost.

I agree, I've been told twice I was not giving the seller the item. Once for a Nintendo DS, which the buyer told Ebay he never got (simple as that) and I had to give him a full refund. Well, okay...my fault I guess. An expensive lesson to learn, but then... Another with a gift card where the seller asks to get the code online and then late claims he never gets- which is a known Ebay scam (this person has a history of doing it). And I still had to give him his money back! Ebay didn't even punish the guy. Point is: when it comes to shady customers, Ebay doesn't have great customer service by any means. And the shady customer will probably get away with it.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to add a few comments on this topic. This is a really tough issue for both the seller and the buyer. One member above suggested registered mail but it cost around $12 per package plus the shipping cost and most buyers are not willing to pay the extra cost. Another member mentioned above that you can track international packages part of the way at least. I just found this out back in May as I shipped a package to one of our members here in the Pin It Forward Game and it has yet to arrive. I mailed it on the 7th of May. Feeling bad I sent two more pins out on June 24 and I am watching the USPS website for any updates on it also. LOL Wish us both luck on him getting this package! I am going to provide you the two LC numbers here so you who have never tried to track international shipments can see what we are discussing. LC239923430US and LC239915889US You will see when you enter both of these at www.usps.com in the track and confirm box you will get the same message saying in left Denver.

Your item was processed through and left our DENVER, CO 80266 facility on May 07, 2011 at 10:07 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. No further information is available for this item.

I followed up with the first one with my post office and they said it is most likely in customs and could be there for weeks but once it leaves the US they can not track unless it is scanned in the other country.

Hope this is helpful information. Hope your pin does show up!

Last edited:

Amen!

well saying that I do sell stuff on ebay and I was scammed a few months ago as apparently they didnt recieve the items and they paid by e-cheque, I had no idea what that was and I sent them as I recieved the payment from them...few weeks later was told they never recieved the items (going from ireland to UK) and so I sent a refund to an alternate email address as the one I was paid with couldnt recieve money at that time...and so I proceeded to pay and the then weeks later paypal took the refund off me again! and they said they never recieved the money off the buyer so I should NEVER have sent my items out..long story short buyer is not always right in some cases and I learnt a lesson that day as I felt so used, luckily I won the case and the silly women had to pay paypal and not me.

Oh and to add, the custom number I was given does say this -

Your item was processed through and left our SAN BERNARDINO, CA 92403 facility on May 31, 2011 at 10:18 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

so I can see its obviously left the US but then poof its vanished so I say its somewhere out there so hopefully it might turn up but Im not holding my breath

I agree, I've been told twice I was not giving the seller the item. Once for a Nintendo DS, which the buyer told Ebay he never got (simple as that) and I had to give him a full refund. Well, okay...my fault I guess. An expensive lesson to learn, but then... Another with a gift card where the seller asks to get the code online and then late claims he never gets- which is a known Ebay scam (this person has a history of doing it). And I still had to give him his money back! Ebay didn't even punish the guy. Point is: when it comes to shady customers, Ebay doesn't have great customer service by any means. And the shady customer will probably get away with it.

Not only that, Ebay doesn't even have good customer service when it comes to sellers who abide by their rules only to get smacked by those shady customers. They've fostered that culture of the customer being right no matter what. You can't even leave negative feedback for a buyer who does shady things anymore. They've made it pretty much untenable for being a good seller on there.

Sorry I said anything, next time I'll keep quiet or better yet I'll never say anything ever again.

I think the seller was speaking out of frustration. I think as much time as possible should have been given for the package arrive. If it were me I would have kept communication open with the seller and let them know that I would be opening a dispute once the deadline was up but that we could still wait just a bit longer once it was open to see if it arrived. As long as the seller was cooperative, that's what I would have done.

I mean, in all fairness Danny, this isn't the first time you have had long delays in pins reaching you and they eventually did. I do believe that the pin will arrive, albeit late, but I do think it will get there. If it does, I just hope that you send the payment back.

I think the seller was speaking out of frustration. I think as much time as possible should have been given for the package arrive. If it were me I would have kept communication open with the seller and let them know that I would be opening a dispute once the deadline was up but that we could still wait just a bit longer once it was open to see if it arrived. As long as the seller was cooperative, that's what I would have done.

I mean, in all fairness Danny, this isn't the first time you have had long delays in pins reaching you and they eventually did. I do believe that the pin will arrive, albeit late, but I do think it will get there. If it does, I just hope that you send the payment back.

there has only been 1 that took ages to arrive but that was down to a mistake by the postman delivering it to the wrong address so I dont know how long it was sat at the neighbours house lol

I have given the pin 5 weeks to arrive and for me that is plenty of time to wait as parcels from the US reach me in 6-10 days. and yes I told the seller if the pin shows up I will send payment for it but for now I do not see it arriving as if it left the US on the 31st May then we are no into July so I wonder where it is lol

If you open a case and the seller cant prove you received the package I have found that they will find in your favor and issue the refund I would most certainly open a case if you havent received the pin when the date comes around that you can.

i would say open a case with ebay, the seller can claim the money back from the post office, so either claim through ebay or if you paid by paypal you can also claim through this :) if it was a trader i would have no quarms but this is a seller and should be able to claim the money back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back