• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Can someone please explain how to buy from DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain how to buy from DS

mjpinlady

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Can someone please explain how to buy these limited release that come out on DS.com
and how to find out about a new release date for a pin?
I don't even see a picture of the pin that was release today and didn't even know about it.
So can someone be kind to explain how do you know the release date.
I thought it was going to be release around the time the movie is coming out.Oops guess I don't know to much about the release of pins or where to look for it.
Thank you to whoever explains it would be great help for the future.:(

Well, I didn't even know it was being released today. I got up to go to the bathroom in the night and checked DS.com and there it was. What I do is read all of the threads here in the discussion forum for hints about releases. I know if you pay attention to the UK releases, ours is around that time as well. I've learned to check the store around 3:00am eastern time. Sometimes it's just a guessing game. Disney store does not announce their releases.

thanks that info that helps.But if I am not mistaken I thought I read it was going to be release on Nov.14. Were they talking about another frozen pin ?

Last edited:
thanks that info that helps.But if I am not mistaken I thought I read it was going to be release on Nov.14. Were they talking about another frozen pin ?

They split the release so it's a limited edition world wide of 450 with 150 I think going to the UK. Same pin, released in multiple locations.

Some veterans have a way to see pin pictures before they get releases. I think they editing links or something. Then somehow those people always seem to know what day to watch for a new pin. Sure would be nice if they'd do not midnight, or give a heads up to be fair, or do online RSP or something. Only really matters for super popular releases but it seems people know and then end up with 10 DV sets or 8 Frozen semi-jumbo's. Which isn't fair.

I dont think they announce the release of any pins. you just have to hope. I learned after the Designer Couple set and stayed up late the last two Sunday nights, not that it helped me, since Disney listed the pin as "sold out" even when it wasnt and proceeded to relist it about two more times.

But UK and Paris store have the release date on their web site.Why such mystery here in the US store?
I think is just silly if all the other disney store have release date on a pin why not the same here.
So the pin is not going to be release on the 14 here in USA?

Last edited:
I dont think they announce the release of any pins. you just have to hope. I learned after the Designer Couple set and stayed up late the last two Sunday nights, not that it helped me, since Disney listed the pin as "sold out" even when it wasnt and proceeded to relist it about two more times.

Very true. I learned from the Couples release too and was waiting for it this morning but when I saw the status as "sold out" at 12:30, I had no idea it would be offered 2 more times throughout the early morning. I would've kept trying had I known.

Its not just the UK that's getting 150 of the Frozen pins... its 150 between UK/France/Germany. Which is crazy, the release will be awful just like the LHNC pin. I am not looking forward to it.

And yes, the Europe DS previews the pins it will be getting, but the US doesn't; not exactly sure why.

I am very frustrated by the whole system right now. I have been setting my alarm and getting up every night/morning since late October to check for Frozen pin releases. Yesterday was no different - I was up at the equivalent of 12:30 a.m. Pacific Time (1:30 a.m. MST time) - I checked the store site and saw that it had been updated. After that I looked at the pins and eyeballed the frozen store for new merchandise. Since there was nothing, I went back to bed. Then at 7:00 a.m. - when I logged on to my computer, I was shocked to see the pin selling for $150 on ebay! How did I miss this release? I wanted to buy these pins for my kids for Christmas - I didn't want 10 of them to re-sell on ebay, I just wanted a couple of special pins to give to my children as gifts. I am so sick and tired of having to buy stuff from the pin sharks out there who scarf up all the pins and then re-sell them at onerous prices. I already have to pay a premium for the majority of the pins we get - I live in Colorado, so I never get to buy park releases at retail, or Soda Fountain releases at retail. You would think that I would at least be able to have a shot at buying a DS.com pin at retail! This is ridiculous - I am so frustrated that I am really thinking about just giving up pin collecting. There are so many things Disney could do to make this a better process - they could let us know the release date (I would have stayed up much longer last night had I known it was going to be released for sure), they could enforce their per household purchase limits, they could increase the limited edition size, they could discourage re-sale by raising the price of the pins (if I'm going to have to pay a premium I'd rather pay it to Disney - at least I would know I was getting a real pin). At the end of the day it is just a pin, but it feels really rotten to be on the outside again. When a hobby that is supposed to be fun causes this much stress, you really have to evaluate whether or not it is worth it.:confused:

I am very frustrated by the whole system right now. I have been setting my alarm and getting up every night/morning since late October to check for Frozen pin releases. Yesterday was no different - I was up at the equivalent of 12:30 a.m. Pacific Time (1:30 a.m. MST time) - I checked the store site and saw that it had been updated. After that I looked at the pins and eyeballed the frozen store for new merchandise. Since there was nothing, I went back to bed. Then at 7:00 a.m. - when I logged on to my computer, I was shocked to see the pin selling for $150 on ebay! How did I miss this release? I wanted to buy these pins for my kids for Christmas - I didn't want 10 of them to re-sell on ebay, I just wanted a couple of special pins to give to my children as gifts. I am so sick and tired of having to buy stuff from the pin sharks out there who scarf up all the pins and then re-sell them at onerous prices. I already have to pay a premium for the majority of the pins we get - I live in Colorado, so I never get to buy park releases at retail, or Soda Fountain releases at retail. You would think that I would at least be able to have a shot at buying a DS.com pin at retail! This is ridiculous - I am so frustrated that I am really thinking about just giving up pin collecting. There are so many things Disney could do to make this a better process - they could let us know the release date (I would have stayed up much longer last night had I known it was going to be released for sure), they could enforce their per household purchase limits, they could increase the limited edition size, they could discourage re-sale by raising the price of the pins (if I'm going to have to pay a premium I'd rather pay it to Disney - at least I would know I was getting a real pin). At the end of the day it is just a pin, but it feels really rotten to be on the outside again. When a hobby that is supposed to be fun causes this much stress, you really have to evaluate whether or not it is worth it.:confused:

I am very sorry to hear you feel that way. I missed out on the release after it showed it was sold out at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time). I stayed up til 1 a.m. in case DS was wrong (NOTE to self: stay up til 5 am next time!)

Not everyone that bought a lot is a reseller, although I know of a few that got it to sell (not here on DPF.) Some bought extras in case people they know weren't able to get them. I had a plan to get 2 so that if one of my friends couldn't get it, he'd get my spare.

I'm in CA and I rarely get DSF pins at retail either, except for the time I go myself and even then, it's not truly "retail." I've spent hours in line, even with the new wristband system and it takes $25-35 in gas for a round trip to DSF. Occasionally, some dear kind friend has a spare pin but I don't ask for help with DSF too often.

I tell my parents about this and they look at me like I'm :werd: and :crazy:

I am very sorry to hear you feel that way. I missed out on the release after it showed it was sold out at 12:01 a.m. (Pacific Time). I stayed up til 1 a.m. in case DS was wrong (NOTE to self: stay up til 5 am next time!)

Not everyone that bought a lot is a reseller, although I know of a few that got it to sell (not here on DPF.) Some bought extras in case people they know weren't able to get them. I had a plan to get 2 so that if one of my friends couldn't get it, he'd get my spare.

I'm in CA and I rarely get DSF pins at retail either, except for the time I go myself and even then, it's not truly "retail." I've spent hours in line, even with the new wristband system and it takes $25-35 in gas for a round trip to DSF. Occasionally, some dear kind friend has a spare pin but I don't ask for help with DSF too often.

I tell my parents about this and they look at me like I'm :werd: and :crazy:
I don't mean to sound so whiny - I guess a person just needs to vent sometimes ;). I don't mind people buying an extra pin or two to trade or even sell, but when they buy 9 or 10 and then list them on e-bay an hour later for 6 or 7x what they paid, that seems kind of extreme - just saying. I suppose some of that is to be expected, it is human nature, sigh... I will lick my wounds and move on from this - just feeling a little bummed, that is all. My Frozen dreams have been shattered like an icicle smashed on the concrete :lol:.

Last edited:
I don't mean to sound so whiny - I guess a person just needs to vent sometimes ;). I don't mind people buying an extra pin or two to trade or even sell, but when they buy 9 or 10 and then list them on e-bay an hour later for 6 or 7x what they paid, that seems kind of extreme - just saying. I suppose some of that is to be expected, it is human nature, sigh... I will lick my wounds and move on from this - just feeling a little bummed, that is all. My Frozen dreams have been shattered like an icicle falling on concrete :lol:.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you, but if I had the chance to buy 10 of a single pin with out a doubt I would. You also have to understand that there are a couple people who sell pins full time so they need those kinds of opportunities.

Last year at Mickeys Circus (the WDW September Event) I was waiting in line for couple sets of pins. The guy in front of me was limited to 25 of the same pin, there happened to be only 25 left, and of course he took them all. I was definitely annoyed, but I knew that if if was in his position I probably would have bought them all too (maybe I would have left one or two though for the people behind me:lol:)

Thanks starry_solo and erikr for your kind responses. I am feeling much better now, just needed to get it out of my system. Guess I better start being nice to all those people who are reselling for a small fortune, because it looks like I'll be crawling to them on my hands and knees soon ;). You win some and you lose some - so be it!

I still think buying ten of the pin is too much, especially with how much they'll sell just one for. Two or three, even four, is okay for trading or picking up for others... but ten? Yikes.

I don't mean to sound so whiny - I guess a person just needs to vent sometimes ;). I don't mind people buying an extra pin or two to trade or even sell, but when they buy 9 or 10 and then list them on e-bay an hour later for 6 or 7x what they paid, that seems kind of extreme - just saying. I suppose some of that is to be expected, it is human nature, sigh... I will lick my wounds and move on from this - just feeling a little bummed, that is all. My Frozen dreams have been shattered like an icicle smashed on the concrete :lol:.

You don't sound whiny at all, just frustrated. I know I was very peeved at DS.com.

Hi, I know exactly how you feel. Much of what you said is the same way I feel. I was really down about it yesterday and thought it was the lack of sleep but I'm still pretty bothered today too. I was very excited at the opportunity to get a pin I really wanted at retail. In my case, I was on at midnight and actually saw the "add to cart" button but it wouldn't allow me to put it in my cart. Then, I gave up around 1am or so and went to bed. What's really annoying is I was probably even still awake when it became available again and had no idea. :(

I don't think I'm really mad at the people buying multiples. To be perfectly honest I'm sure I would've picked up more than one had I had the opportunity. I am frustrated with the whole situation and the prices they are now going for, though. The DSF pins high prices don't really bother me. They have to go through a lot to get those pins and I sure as heck would make my prices high to compensate for getting up super early in the morning and waiting in a stinky alley. But I guess as long as someone is willing to pay those prices they'll stay there. As much as I'd like this pin I'm not willing to pay $150 for it so I'll wait until it gets into the range I'm willing to pay (and hopefully it will. lol)

Hi, I was reading the thread and I know how some of you feel. My problem is disney always cuz some kind of frustration . They should have announced the date release like they have announced in the other disney stores worldwide.That is what has me mad at disney store online. What is the difference from an LE pin in the parks and online LE pin?
Well, maybe next time those of us who missed it could have heads up on the next pin release.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed that I didn't know about this one as well. Finally a Frozen pin where the characters look great! But I usually don't know about the releases before they come out so it's no biggie. Some people just get good information I guess :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back