• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Christmas in February!?

ZAPPED! Christmas in February!?

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So we've been back for a few days from our two week adventure/honeymoon in Disney. Dan and I are fortunate enough (re: we work our butts off, lol) to be able to visit Disney a few times a year, but this two-week journey, starting with a Disney Cruise and ending at the resort, was unprecedented for us, and we had the time of our lives. Perhaps one of the most meaningful things we got to do on this adventure was kick it off with breakfast with our extended family, the Waxes! On their last day in FL, and our first day there, we met up at Wilderness Lodge for breakfast and time together, planning our next trip down together as a family in June! Getting to see the kids and hang out with Darris and Angie was really wonderful - these two and their wonderful kids have quickly become some of the nearest and dearest friends to us, and I can't imagine my life without them in it.

After being mauled by Maddy and Jonah hugs (the best kind!), Darris and Angie presented me with a bag from Basin, one of my favorite DTD shops. But it wasn't just beautiful soap in the bag... (though there was some of that, too!!)

It was the entire. Stinkin'. Noel de Raiponce collection.

(Well, minus Santa Pascal which I was lucky enough to have a friend find for me, and PTN Pascal, who is somewhere between Paris and the US we hope. C'mon La Poste, don't let me down!)

Oh. And for good measure, the Surprise Release Rapunzel January Princess Calendar, a bar of Basin soap ("Holy Matrimony") and a handmade Maddy bracelet that I wore the entire trip!!

I thought I had a picture of the bag and me spazzing out over it, but in the wake of 1,000+ honeymoon photos, I can't find it. (I'm sure you're all disappointed.) So here's the beautiful gift I got from Darris and Angie in the new shadowbox I created especially for it:

5vP0amU.jpg

Here's a photo of the whole shadowbox! (Minus our missing Pascal, we're really hoping he turns up soon!)

yRMkZMO.jpg

Right side of the shadowbox, showing some details.

uZn6n5e.jpg

... And the left side, showing some more details.

Darris and Angie, I love you guys. Thank you for your friendship, loyalty and love. Unfortunately, some personal matters and ugly things being said about me made me VERY hesitant to come back to DPF after our honeymoon, but knowing that I have friends like you who care for this community the way that I do makes it really hard to just up and leave it all. So, for all you do for me and for Dan and for the many deserving members of DPF - thank you for everything. Love you guys to the moon and back!

Wooooooooooow congrats!! Your shadow boxes will definitely be an inspiration for me once I set my collection up permanently when I get back home :D

Really pleased and honored to be an inspiration! I'm a little anxious because I'm running out of wall space (first world problem, sigh) and I don't love pin books, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do! But thank you so much.

(Also I owe you a PM but I did find an extra DLRP Aurora locket for yoooou!)

Really pleased and honored to be an inspiration! I'm a little anxious because I'm running out of wall space (first world problem, sigh) and I don't love pin books, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do! But thank you so much.

(Also I owe you a PM but I did find an extra DLRP Aurora locket for yoooou!)

Yeah mine might have to sit in a book for a year or so until I can move out of home and have my own place to decorate (I currently lack wall space in my room too!)
Also, ahhhh thank you!! :D

So we've been back for a few days from our two week adventure/honeymoon in Disney. Dan and I are fortunate enough (re: we work our butts off, lol) to be able to visit Disney a few times a year, but this two-week journey, starting with a Disney Cruise and ending at the resort, was unprecedented for us, and we had the time of our lives. Perhaps one of the most meaningful things we got to do on this adventure was kick it off with breakfast with our extended family, the Waxes! On their last day in FL, and our first day there, we met up at Wilderness Lodge for breakfast and time together, planning our next trip down together as a family in June! Getting to see the kids and hang out with Darris and Angie was really wonderful - these two and their wonderful kids have quickly become some of the nearest and dearest friends to us, and I can't imagine my life without them in it.

After being mauled by Maddy and Jonah hugs (the best kind!), Darris and Angie presented me with a bag from Basin, one of my favorite DTD shops. But it wasn't just beautiful soap in the bag... (though there was some of that, too!!)

It was the entire. Stinkin'. Noel de Raiponce collection.

(Well, minus Santa Pascal which I was lucky enough to have a friend find for me, and PTN Pascal, who is somewhere between Paris and the US we hope. C'mon La Poste, don't let me down!)

Oh. And for good measure, the Surprise Release Rapunzel January Princess Calendar, a bar of Basin soap ("Holy Matrimony") and a handmade Maddy bracelet that I wore the entire trip!!

I thought I had a picture of the bag and me spazzing out over it, but in the wake of 1,000+ honeymoon photos, I can't find it. (I'm sure you're all disappointed.) So here's the beautiful gift I got from Darris and Angie in the new shadowbox I created especially for it:

5vP0amU.jpg

Here's a photo of the whole shadowbox! (Minus our missing Pascal, we're really hoping he turns up soon!)

yRMkZMO.jpg

Right side of the shadowbox, showing some details.

uZn6n5e.jpg

... And the left side, showing some more details.

Darris and Angie, I love you guys. Thank you for your friendship, loyalty and love. Unfortunately, some personal matters and ugly things being said about me made me VERY hesitant to come back to DPF after our honeymoon, but knowing that I have friends like you who care for this community the way that I do makes it really hard to just up and leave it all. So, for all you do for me and for Dan and for the many deserving members of DPF - thank you for everything. Love you guys to the moon and back!

Oh J'ai :cry: WE LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH!!! I can't wait till June :D (and possibly May ;) )

Beee-u-tee-ful!!! Congrats to you girl!

Thanks doll!! :)

Oh J'ai :cry: WE LOVE YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH!!! I can't wait till June :D (and possibly May ;) )

EPIC DOUBLE BIRTHDAY STAR WARS VACATION: GO!! :hsd: We can't wait and I will be there in May!!

wow! that looks fantastic. Congratulations on both the pins and you're wedding. It's nice to see you back and it's wonderful to see your work. :)

Thank you so, so much, I'm always so humbled by the response to the shadowboxes. Wedding was fabulous, honeymoon was glorious, now if we could just find property and jobs in Florida, we'll be all set! :wavey:

That shadowbox is just gorgeous! Fingers crossed that your Pascal turns up soon. Congrats on the wonderful and generous zap!

That shadowbox is just gorgeous! Fingers crossed that your Pascal turns up soon. Congrats on the wonderful and generous zap!

Thank you very much, Carla!! I must admit, I'm a little frustrated by yet ANOTHER missing package, but the seller (from here) has been awesome and proactive and is doing all she can to help me find him. It's been nearly a month, so I'm starting to lose faith in my "oh, it must be the weather!" excuse, lol. So frustrating, though, I think our address is cursed!!

Wow you did a fantastic job on that shadowbox! Congratulations on the fantastic Zap! Sorry to hear you had some problems here. I am always sad to hear that!

Darris and Angie are real Sweethearts just like you J'aimie! I am so happy to see you back on here and to read about your wonderfull wedding and Honeymoon! And I just LOVE your shadowboxes you always make them so pretty with a magical touch!

What a wonderful gesture. I can't think of a more deserving girl <3 good job Waxes!!!! :D

(I am honestly so disappointed about the lack of "freakin' out" picture....when you find it please show me!!!) ;)

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

-Charlie

Woah, big, BIG thank you everyone, really appreciate your compliments on the shadowbox and the beautiful pins. I just love them!!

(I am honestly so disappointed about the lack of "freakin' out" picture....when you find it please show me!!!) ;)

There are no shortage of unflattering photos of me on FB, love. <3 BUT JUST FOR YOU I'll see what I can do.

Beautiful! I'm so glad you two had a happy honeymoon, and so happy I got to experience it second-hand through pictures on IG and FB. :-D

Thank YOU for putting up with it on FB and IG, lol.

Soo pretty :) Way to kick off your honeymoon.

Couldn't agree more, even spending a few hours together was such an awesome start to the trip!! The worst part was saying goodbye!!

Beautiful shadowbox as always! Congratulations on your wedding and what sounds like a fabulous honeymoon :)

Just curious, how big was this shadowbox?

Thank you very much! The shadowbox is a weird, annoying shape - the inside board measures 14" x 6" or something stupid like that, lol. It came with a piece of particleboard for the backing, which I tossed and replaced with some foam core trimmed to fit. It's a pain because it's too big for just one sheet of backing paper, which is why when you look at the background, there is a seam right next to the gondola pin. It drives my OCD insane. I tried to match up the paper as best I could so it wouldn't be as noticeable, but I know it's there and it drives me batty, lol. I might redo the backing on this one with some fabric... we'll see! :) But thank you nonetheless!!

It's a pain because it's too big for just one sheet of backing paper, which is why when you look at the background, there is a seam right next to the gondola pin. It drives my OCD insane. I tried to match up the paper as best I could so it wouldn't be as noticeable, but I know it's there and it drives me batty, lol. I might redo the backing on this one with some fabric... we'll see! :) But thank you nonetheless!!

As a fellow OCD, I feel your pain. Your backing looks beautiful even with the seam. But, if ever you decide to replace it, as an alternative to fabric a good quality X-mas wrapping paper with snow flakes might work too. Maybe next X-mas you can find something not so bright & overwhelming.

I know your Tangled wall must have had many additions since your last update. I would love to see a new pic when you get a chance from all the settling down after your trip. I think it is time for me to take kiddo's pins out of the pin bag, so I am fishing for inspiration ;)

this is so amazing!!! And I love your shadowbox you made for it ^_^

Very sweet zap to someone who truly deserves it :) xx

As a fellow OCD, I feel your pain. Your backing looks beautiful even with the seam. But, if ever you decide to replace it, as an alternative to fabric a good quality X-mas wrapping paper with snow flakes might work too. Maybe next X-mas you can find something not so bright & overwhelming.

I know your Tangled wall must have had many additions since your last update. I would love to see a new pic when you get a chance from all the settling down after your trip. I think it is time for me to take kiddo's pins out of the pin bag, so I am fishing for inspiration ;)

Oo, I hadn't thought too much about wrapping paper, but that's a great idea too, thanks Selen!!

We actually bought a new camera for our trip, just a little Nikon point and shoot, but hopefully I can snap some better pictures of the wall. We have also been asked to share some of our more unique merchandise, and I'm working with a friend to actually create a blog celebrating our love of Tangled and our museum of ... stuff, lol!!

this is so amazing!!! And I love your shadowbox you made for it ^_^

Very sweet zap to someone who truly deserves it :) xx

Thank you, dear!! That means a lot. <3

Thanks for sharing, I always like seeing what people do with their prized collections. You've done a great job and I second Selen's comment I would like to see your whole collection. Congrats on your special honeymoon too!

Back