• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

David & Amy's Pin Pary/Trading haul 27 pix long

Status
Not open for further replies.
David & Amy's Pin Pary/Trading haul 27 pix long

docfish2u

Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight
Rating - 100%
735   0   0
Hi everybody :wavey:

Let me first take this opportunity to thank everybody who came out to our pin party last Saturday and made it a huge success!!! We are very much looking forward to next years version which I hope will be bigger (I don't know how that is possible as we had over 80 people come) and better event. As long as everybody is enjoying them and coming out we will keep throwing them. If Disneyland managment decides to pull their collective heads out of the dark places where they reside and gives us back official pin trading tables we will go back to throwing 2 of these a year.

For those of you who wanted to come but couldn't or were too shy, you really need to come to one of these. It is a lot of great people getting together to actually make trades with each other. People come to these from all over the US which always amazes me. For the locals it is a chance to see pins you don't normally see at the Disney PTN. I also like to think it is much friendlier so it is a great way to do your first event if you have never done one. Nobodies traders are too big or to small. Everybody is welcome. Also be sure to introduce yourself to me. Yes I am big and scary looking, but I don't bite, just hug a lot. :lol:

Now to those of you who zapped us, I am always amazed at the generosity of all of you!!! If I post a picture here and don't give you credit it is only because I received a lot of stuff that didn't have any identification on them. I would never not give credit if I can.

Janice (Jrdnsmom) was kind enough to pick us up at the airport and she zapped us right away with this beauty
pin99407

Great way to start off the vacation!!! Thank you Janice!!! It is always a pleasure to spend time with you!!! I wish we could do it more often!!!

We received a couple of most wanted zaps.

Lisa and Brian Avery (Averysfairytale & TheMadPinner) zapped me with this
pin37077

Sorry guys I put this someplace for safe keeping and now I have to find it again so that explains the stock photo. I have admired it since we got home but when I went to take pix today I couldn't find what the heck I did with it. You two are always amazing to us and are a couple of our favorite people to see every trip!!!

Stef (dancecats) blew Amy away with this beauty:
DSC02316_zpsee90f973.jpg

It was so nice to finally meet you Stef!!! Thank you so much for this amazing zap!!!

Now two of our newest best friends Darlene & Nena (Rocke01 & TndrHeart) were not only amazing at being able to get us the room to throw the party but also very sneaky!!! They had the amazingly talented Kristin (DisneyCrazee) make us this very special pin book
DSC02299_zps6742c0c2.jpg

It not only had the amazing zapfish logo but she added my favorite 3 princesses into it. Kristin you never cease to amaze me with your talent!!! Thank you so much!!! I was told that everything in the bag was either for me to keep or to zap as I saw fit. So I took them up on it.
Here is what was included in the bag
DSC02309_zps79c5c102.jpg
DSC02307_zps4887c5e5.jpg
DSC02308_zps37ab5abc.jpg
DSC02306_zps72722943.jpg
DSC02310_zpsdc52ed6b.jpg
DSC02303_zps16429bea.jpg

Also included with the pin bag was these goodies
DSC02312_zps0a5384b8.jpg
DSC02317_zps4b477768.jpg
DSC02319_zpsa716dfb5.jpg
DSC02318_zpsf16c1684.jpg
DSC02313_zpsed632547.jpg

The bolt beloved tales pin also came with a Pinocchio pin that has already been zapped to Darlene which is why it was on my wants list. Thank you so much Darris and Angie team RKB

Also in the book were these 3 great pins from Darlene & Nena
DSC02311_zpsc2976b74.jpg

But that was not all they did for us
DSC02314_zps4ec9c7fb.jpg

The best part of this framed set is that she asked me for the Sorcerer Mickey pin without telling me what she needed it for. :lol: You two are the best!!!

Also TheOtherSteve came to our party. For those that are new to DPF and don't know who Steve is, he is the person I want to be when I grow up. I am always stupified at the generosity of this man. Search his name and check out some of the amazing zaps he has done for people here. He sure lived up to that when he gave me this
DSC02315_zps288db1a9.jpg

It is one of the most beautiful, and detailed set of pins I have ever seen!!! Thank you so much for this Steve!!!

I know I said it before, but this community is a magical place to be part of!!! It is this kind of generosity that has inspired me to become the grailslayer. It is an honor for both of us to call all of you family!!! Thank you for letting us be part of it!!!

Now this would have made for a fantastic trip all by itself, but it was a pin trading party after all. We traded for the following pins at the party and the next day at Disneyland (thank you to the wonderful cast member who gave us tickets to get into the park. I don't want to use your name so you don't have a deluge of requests for tickets, but you know who you are and I hope you know how much that means to both of us)!!!
DSC02327_zps33403697.jpg
DSC02326_zps029afb61.jpg
DSC02325_zps3b70fa09.jpg
DSC02324_zps623154f0.jpg
DSC02320_zpsfb5f7f43.jpg
DSC02322_zpscb4d5a09.jpg
DSC02321_zps9a7a8a97.jpg
DSC02323_zpsef3bfdc6.jpg

Oh, I forgot to mention the biggest zap we got, Darlene and Nena actually also zapped us our room for the trip. Did I mention how much we love you two? Btw, if you ever get the chance to get a hug from Nena, do it!!! She gives great hugs and is a real sweetheart!!! Darlene, I don't know how you got so lucky to find her, but you have the same good fortune as I do with Amy. Neither you or I deserve the partners we have but I know we both are very thankful we have both of them!!!

Thank you again to everybody who took time out of your busy lives to come spend some time with us. The whole reason we came down this time was to throw this party so that we could spend time with all of you. You all mean that much to us and we can't wait for the next time we can spend more time with all of you.

To everybody who came from longer distances to be there when we are thank you. It means a lot to us that you want to spend time with us and are willing to do whatever it takes to be there with us. I know it is a major excursion for several of you and that a lot of you didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning to be there for us. We are always amazed that so many of you do this just to hang out with us. We are forever thankful for it!!!

Lastly to those two ladies who wanted to be here (one from the northern part of Cali and the other from Jersey) but because of family reasons couldn't you were missed dearly!!! I hope to see you both at the next party and to the Jersey girl I will see you in October!!!

Get ready on the East coast, the docfish traveling road show is coming to see you in Jersey in October!!! Can't wait!!!

Forgot one.
DSC02332_zps9f67bc69.jpg

The Ducks pin is from Danny (bombardon3), the 2 WDI Sorcerer Mickeys are from Aragorn and the Ariel and Belle pins are from Lisa and Brian Avery (averysfairytale).

Last edited:
These are so wonderful and so well deserved too. I am a wee bit jealous, but also very glad that everyone had a great time :)

Big thank you to you, Darlene & Nena for a great party! Thanks for posting photos. I've been curious about all of the awesomeness that was in the bag. :D

I heard the one from NorCal is a huge ***** so you were lucky she didn't show up ;)

So happy for you and well some of those other people too! You are a true gem in a sea of turds!

Croll also could not make it due to a family emergency. (Still praying for you).

Nice haul David! I am JELLY! I sent you a PM just in case a few of them were for trade!

The pin party was wonderful! I am hoping we will be able to host another one but things change all the time so we won't know until we try the next time. It was truly wonderful meeting so many of you and putting faces with the names. (I am much better at facial recognition than I am with names) Ask Barbara, she was Beverly half the time... so sorry Barb!:facepalm::dunno:

David... I totally agree with me being blessed by Nena coming into my life. I must of done something good somewhere along the line for God to bless me with such an incredible woman. But then... you know because Nena and Amy are so much a like! It was kind of weird seeing all the similarities with them and the two of us, but funny at the same time. It definitely kept me shaking my head!

Aw David, I'm so glad you and all the other DPF members who were able to go had such a wonderful time, and I loved seeing all your lovely new zap/trade additions!! So well deserved- you are such an amazing part of the forum and I'll take every opportunity to say so => big congratulations and thanks so much for sharing with all of us!! :hug:

Awwwwwe awesome pin haul you got there!! Man I gotta go to one of these pin parties one day & I really would love to meet all the people I keep trading with from the states! One day though! :D

You are certainly loved on this forum. I see it here and I've seen it in other posts with the kind way other's regard you. Congratulations, not just on your pin haul, but all of the friends that you have made here on DPF.

You are certainly loved on this forum. I see it here and I've seen it in other posts with the kind way other's regard you. Congratulations, not just on your pin haul, but all of the friends that you have made here on DPF.

It is mutual, we love the people here as well. Which is why we give back to the community every chance we get. We have been treated like rock stars every trip down to Disneyland. Which inspires us to give back more to the DPF family!!!

We are big believers in pin karma. It plays itself out here all of the time.

Congrats on everything, brother!! Man, that Zagfish Zap Bag... /envy!! lol!! I'm glad you guys had a blast and such a great haul!!

Oh my that's a wonderful assortment of pins & treasurers!! The handmade items are gorgeous! Your party sounds like one not to be missed....hoping we can make it one of these years :wavey:

I know this is awful, but I just found another bag with some more zaps in them.
DSC02332_zps9f67bc69.jpg

The Ducks pin is from Danny (bombardon3), the 2 WDI Sorcerer Mickeys are from Aragorn and the Ariel and Belle pins are from Lisa and Brian Avery (averysfairytale).

Thank you everybody!!!

Thank you David and Amy for such a wonderful time....even though it was too short!! Thank you all for the wonderful HUGS!!! We had a wonderful time with Barbara (Bjean) and her niece Rachel. They are so sweet and 2 wonderful people. Looking forward to your next visit!!! September? LOL

I want to say a special THANK YOU to Kristina (ksnuggles) for all her help with the clean up after the gathering. You were a lifesaver to me!!! HUGS Sorry you had to deal with the drama. Just remember PIN KARMA!!!

Thank you to all of you who came up to me an introduced yourself to me. I am very shy until I get to know people. I am trying to get more involved on here and to come out of my shyness shell. LOL

So looking forward to the next gathering. David & Amy....Love you guys. Thanks again, everyone.

Last edited:
It is mutual, we love the people here as well. Which is why we give back to the community every chance we get. We have been treated like rock stars every trip down to Disneyland. Which inspires us to give back more to the DPF family!!!

We are big believers in pin karma. It plays itself out here all of the time.

You are definitely a "Rock Star" and we have photo's to prove it! *Notice how happy he is with me! See his strumming hand! Sorry David... had to do it! If you want me to take the pic down I will but I think you are cute in it! This was his "unbirthday" celebration at Joe's Crab Shack the night before the gathering. He was a good sport but I had to promise to never do it again! LOVE YA BRO! :p:lol:

DSC00844.jpg

You are definitely a "Rock Star" and we have photo's to prove it! *Notice how happy he is with me! See his strumming hand! Sorry David... had to do it! If you want me to take the pic down I will but I think you are cute in it! This was his "unbirthday" celebration at Joe's Crab Shack the night before the gathering. He was a good sport but I had to promise to never do it again! LOVE YA BRO! :p:lol:

DSC00844.jpg

First off, no I wasn't a good sport. If I could have reached you with out anybody else seeing it you would not be alive to post this. :lol: Good times with great people. Thank you to you and Nena, Nick and Janice for going to dinner with us so I could pay for this betrayal. :cry:

Yes you and are a very much alike!!!

Yay!!!! Congrats David!! You deserve all the zaps in the world for being such a wonderful part of this community!! I hope I can attend one of your pin parties in the future ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back