• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Pin in Doctor Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Pin in Doctor Who?

Happy Haunt

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Yes I haven't been posting much, but I was watching Revelation of the Daleks today (classic Doctor Who) and the Sixth Doctor (Colin Baker) is seriously wearing a pin of Marie from Aristocats on his lapel. :lol:

brooches+four.jpg

He wears various lapel pins of cats anyhow... but when I saw this pin I was like 'OHHHH! THE DOCTOR IS A DISNEY FAN!' :D This was from the 80s, and we all know that proper pin trading didn't start up until much later on... but I thought it was rather interesting. Somebody online said it is an enamel pin. I wonder which one? As its old there's a chance its not on pinpics anyhow but it would be interesting to find out.

revelation1.jpg

I don't think Davros wants to trade... perhaps he prefers Princess pins. :D Okay now I'm just being silly... but pin trading can't be serious all the time. Still... I find this rather cool that a Disney pin was in a serial of classic Doctor Who... a Dalek episode no less! I wonder if the Doctor still likes Disney pins even nowadays?

As this was actually about a pin I thought this was the best forum for it. If admins/mods deem it far too silly for Pin Discussion, do please move it to Anything Goes.

What a find! :) I don't think it's on PinPics, although there are quite a few post-2000 Marie pins in that same general pose.

Scrapper Alert***We do not know if the good doctor purchased from a source outside Disney, therefore we cannot guarantee the authenticity of this pin. :lol:

How do you know this was a 1980's-era pin? He's a Timelord after all - the pin may be one that is yet to be released! ;)

That is so cool! Lol it'd be pretty funny if the new doctor started collecting pins.

Capaldi's Doctor should be a pin trader... definitely. :D

Ha ha that's awesome! Love the old style Marie pin...bet there will be loads of Marie fans who need this pin! Wonder if it's on pinpics?

Not sure, I'd like to know which pin it is though.

What a find! :) I don't think it's on PinPics, although there are quite a few post-2000 Marie pins in that same general pose.

Hmmm, I might try to find out which pin it is at some point.

"I wear a trading pin now. Trading pins are cool."

:D

Colin Baker <3 <3 <3

This is hilarious haha!!! Thanks for sharing :)

-Charlie

Yay! Another Sixth Doctor fan perhaps? :) I thought it was so cool he had a Disney pin. :lol:

Scrapper Alert***We do not know if the good doctor purchased from a source outside Disney, therefore we cannot guarantee the authenticity of this pin. :lol:

lol! Ah he's a Time Lord... I'm sure he can tell a scrapper from the real deal? I hope... :eek:

How do you know this was a 1980's-era pin? He's a Timelord after all - the pin may be one that is yet to be released! ;)

That's very true! Yikes... pin trading must be complicated on Gallifrey with all the time travelling...

Yikes... pin trading must be complicated on Gallifrey with all the time travelling...
No, probably goes something like this:

Timelord A: I'll trade you a 2016 DSF Star Wars VII pin for your 2015 DLR Avengers 2 Opening Day pin
Timelord B: Absolutely not! You know that DSF release will be terribly difficult as it will be unexpectedly raining that day, they will lose half the numbers in the barrel and I will only be number 401 out of 400 meaning I won't be able to get the surprise R2D2 pin that will be released that day!
Timelord A: Ah, but in 2015 there will be a line at the park with wristbands that are incorrectly color-coded leading people to go to the wrong purchasing locations plus a busload of angry tourists all clamoring for the Avengers 2 pin - it will be an equal hassle to trade!
Timelord B: Perhaps we should just go visit them in 2014 and suggest they increase the edition size?
Timelord A: Excellent plan!
*shake hands and enter their respective TARDISes*

:D

I think it’s this one … PinPics #38203 from DLRP and Marie has a pink jewel in her pink bow. The DPP # is PD32368. Maybe he did a little time traveling as this one was released in 2005!

@Jabberwocky - :lol: Okay it would just seem confusing to anybody listening to their conversation then.

@Nettiejeanne - Well you gotta love a pin trading Time Lord, eh?

@bjean - Definitely would of had to do some time travelling for it to be that pin! :D

Its not the exact pin at least I doubt it is because he would have had the pin around the 70's to 80's (can't really determine actually date unless someone asked him) but its a good guess because of the date the movie came out and when he wore the pin on the show. The DLRP Paris pin (2005) which looks very similar to it but not a exact match could be a replica/re-made pin of a earlier pin they made for the release of the movie. That is probably my only guess that makes since. He also could have had it made the article said he liked to have pins made, even though it would be hard its not impossible.

Its not the exact pin at least I doubt it is because he would have had the pin around the 70's to 80's (can't really determine actually date unless someone asked him) but its a good guess because of the date the movie came out and when he wore the pin on the show. The DLRP Paris pin (2005) which looks very similar to it but not a exact match could be a replica/re-made pin of a earlier pin they made for the release of the movie. That is probably my only guess that makes since. He also could have had it made the article said he liked to have pins made, even though it would be hard its not impossible.

Revelation of the Daleks is from 1985; so we know we're probably looking for a pin from the early 80s (if not actually from 1985). The back bow does seem a bit darker... but that could just be how the camera was picking it up while filming. But the DLRP pin does look like it could be a remake of the Doctor's. Of course though... pins from the 80s aren't as well documented as the newer pins.

LOL Do you want me to ask Colin? I'll be seeing him in two weeks at a Doctor Who con. :D (Though I wouldn't hold my breath that he's gonna remember a pin he wore 30 years ago... :p)

@Jabberwocky - :lol: Okay it would just seem confusing to anybody listening to their conversation then.
As would any pin conversation to any non-pin person. :D "What did they just say?" "Something about the LE of the DSF to the DLR and a barrel." "Oh, okay."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back