• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0
314641_10150414602735832_563665831_10301450_157786036_n.jpg

I got my shelves done today. I'm going to have to do some rearranging of items to get all the dolls to fit.

Most of my Disney collectibles are in my living room, but some may make their way to the new bookcase. :)

Wow... I go away for a week to the Most Magical Place on Earth (and it was a FABULOUS vacation) and things really got shaken up here a bit! In essence, we will all do what we'll do to get what matters the most to us. If it's these dolls, that's perfectly fine. If any of us have plans to obtain more than one of a particular princess doll, that's also perfectly fine. One thing I have learned from this experience is that we all can get so wrapped up into the mania caused by the limited availability of these items, that judgments are made and feelings get hurt. I find that very unfortunate. I must say that having been away for a week with no internet access, I did not stress out about the dolls at all while I was gone, despite being a Disney Doll fanatic. Things will work out one way or another. For better or for worse, the dolls will be released next week and hopefully the bad feelings will diminish. Apart from the Ariel doll and the D23 Silver Cinderella doll, most of the Designer dolls have reduced in eBay price on eBay. Sure, that's not ideal by any means, but at least it is an option. Perk up, all! We can do this!

Wow... I go away for a week to the Most Magical Place on Earth (and it was a FABULOUS vacation) and things really got shaken up here a bit! In essence, we will all do what we'll do to get what matters the most to us. If it's these dolls, that's perfectly fine. If any of us have plans to obtain more than one of a particular princess doll, that's also perfectly fine. One thing I have learned from this experience is that we all can get so wrapped up into the mania caused by the limited availability of these items, that judgments are made and feelings get hurt. I find that very unfortunate. I must say that having been away for a week with no internet access, I did not stress out about the dolls at all while I was gone, despite being a Disney Doll fanatic. Things will work out one way or another. For better or for worse, the dolls will be released next week and hopefully the bad feelings will diminish. Apart from the Ariel doll and the D23 Silver Cinderella doll, most of the Designer dolls have reduced in eBay price on eBay. Sure, that's not ideal by any means, but at least it is an option. Perk up, all! We can do this!

Oh shiva! I totally agree with you! :) You are back again!!! Finally!
The "Limited Sizes" make the people so nervous and crazy... me,
you,moon,.. ALL!

I just hope we will have the dolls who we want.. (and i pray for all.. with the little lucky of UK online store..) :)

And ..for give to us some SWEETNESS... i post this video (i love this little love story :D )

[video=youtube;_3lAztMhIWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lAztMhIWI&feature=feedlik[/video]

Remember people:
like Johnny loose her Alice, we maybe loose our dolls. But someday we will found them again. :) :hug:

Last edited:
OK people, we have a week to go. I am reminded of something very wise that was told to me once upon a time. Regarding "wants" and "obtains". We ALL should do our best to obtain the doll our hearts desire,BUT, perhaps the most logical way to approach this adventure is this. Assume that you will NOT get your doll` despite your best efforts- and then!! IF and WHEN you are fortunate enough to secure it [them] you will be ecstatic and over the moon! If you don't get the doll , the disappointment is likely to be less intense. That attitude, I find, makes for a much less tramatic adventure when the outcome cannot be assumed. The simple fact is that there are only so many dolls and many more people who desire them.

OK people, we have a week to go. I am reminded of something very wise that was told to me once upon a time. Regarding "wants" and "obtains". We ALL should do our best to obtain the doll our hearts desire,BUT, perhaps the most logical way to approach this adventure is this. Assume that you will NOT get your doll` despite your best efforts- and then!! IF and WHEN you are fortunate enough to secure it [them] you will be ecstatic and over the moon! If you don't get the doll , the disappointment is likely to be less intense. That attitude, I find, makes for a much less tramatic adventure when the outcome cannot be assumed. The simple fact is that there are only so many dolls and many more people who desire them.

Oh yes... you say smart and good words! Is true. We all want these wonderful dolls. On 17th (and for me and others 18th) we will have OUR CHANCE to try to get the doll/s we want. I really hope who have the first 5 dolls and obviously want collect them all CAN take all 5, and for the people like me,love just one of these for some reason (for me Rapunzel...for someone Pocahontas or Jasmine..) i hope and pray they can get the doll of their dreams. Really.
The only "little" consolation is one: if someone dont take the doll he/she want.. ebay. All right the price go crazy for the first 3-4 weeks but i think someday (if the prices are going EVER crazy) we will have the money for the doll we really want. Not a good consolation..but i start to worried myself now. Because i dont wanna fall down in a "blue period" for the doll.

Wow!! this thread got very hostile very quick!! I really hope everyone gets the dolls they want but it looks like its going to be tough... i wish everyone luck, I will try my chances online if I get them great if not well what can i do...like everyone said life will go on! but lets go back to a nice forum, not one were everyone is bitter and upset!!

Wow!! this thread got very hostile very quick!! I really hope everyone gets the dolls they want but it looks like its going to be tough... i wish everyone luck, I will try my chances online if I get them great if not well what can i do...like everyone said life will go on! but lets go back to a nice forum, not one were everyone is bitter and upset!!

This. But it's not just this topic...some people are just very over sensitive and can get really mean.

I was also away from the boards for a few days, and surprised by how high emotions have gotten on the thread. I also noticed that there is a poster on this board who is buying to resell and has already done so and was extremely rude to a few people on another board so I would mind how much information we mention to each other that is not in a pm.

Hi. This is my first post on these forums although I've been reading the posts since they announced the new rules. Since DS announced the dolls in August the only ones in I have wanted are Aurora and Rapunzel but now with these new guidelines I think it might be darn hard to get them. When I called my local Disney Store today the cast members seem to have wiped their hands clean of the whole affair. All they would tell me is that they open the doors at 10 oclock and that they basically can care less what anyone does before that. I guess this means that there will be no organized line outside the mall when it is closed and no organized line in front of the store before it opens. I was hoping they'd have a little more organization for the event but I guess they really just don't care. Has anyone else talked to their store about how it is handling the 17th? Anyway I guess I'll contact my mall and see what they say about being their before it opens and what doors open first because I still at least want to try. I mean, after 2 months of anticipation I might as well give it a go!

and Vicki, there is no announcement on either the DS blog or facebook page so I dont think they've said anything yet.

My guess is they aren't going to announce anything about the time. If they do, they run the risk of crashing the server so if they don't announce, maybe some will just say "oh, well, I got a doll at the store I'll just go to bed".

Are people going to ask their malls what outside doors they open first? I want to call and get details but I worried this might freak them out a bit lol do they open the same one first everyday?

haha I don't think they will get creeped out, worse comes to worst they just won't tell you. I plan on asking my mall the question but I'm not really expecting a clear answer cause it might just be the door the security guard decides to walk to first. I also don't know if it would be better to wait at that door if it is further away from the Disney Store and try to run it out or if its better to wait at the door closer to to the store so I'm already close. So much to think about and stress over for some dolls! and its not even really the holiday season! Have to admit though, I do like having something to obsess about and look forward to, sorta fun in a crazy way.

^ haha thanks. Yeah I can't decide what door to go to but I think just the door closest to Disney is probally best because my mall is HUGE! Yes it is very exciting but I'm getting so worried :) one week left ahhhh!!!!

Someone on eBay has them "in hand"...my guess is they also pre-ordered them...AND their dolls all have the same #. The BiN is astronomical, but it's cool all of the numbers match. (Edition sizes also seem to match what was assumed prior.)

Someone on eBay has them "in hand"...my guess is they also pre-ordered them...AND their dolls all have the same #. The BiN is astronomical, but it's cool all of the numbers match. (Edition sizes also seem to match what was assumed prior.)

I just saw those auctions, too. It's kind of sad that this person is selling them since they are all the same number from their editions (#0052). I suppose that this seller probably has a complete set in addition to the ones they are selling. Let's see if anyone takes the bait... This ought to be interesting.

Congrats on your first post on DPF. in case I have not done do, welcome to the forum!

With that said, thank you for the update. It is appreciated!!!

Have fun here on DPF!

Vicki

Hi. This is my first post on these forums although I've been reading the posts since they announced the new rules. Since DS announced the dolls in August the only ones in I have wanted are Aurora and Rapunzel but now with these new guidelines I think it might be darn hard to get them. When I called my local Disney Store today the cast members seem to have wiped their hands clean of the whole affair. All they would tell me is that they open the doors at 10 oclock and that they basically can care less what anyone does before that. I guess this means that there will be no organized line outside the mall when it is closed and no organized line in front of the store before it opens. I was hoping they'd have a little more organization for the event but I guess they really just don't care. Has anyone else talked to their store about how it is handling the 17th? Anyway I guess I'll contact my mall and see what they say about being their before it opens and what doors open first because I still at least want to try. I mean, after 2 months of anticipation I might as well give it a go!

and Vicki, there is no announcement on either the DS blog or facebook page so I dont think they've said anything yet.

I just saw those auctions, too. It's kind of sad that this person is selling them since they are all the same number from their editions (#0052). I suppose that this seller probably has a complete set in addition to the ones they are selling. Let's see if anyone takes the bait... This ought to be interesting.

Oh where is that?? i cant see it lol

Found it lol ohhh glad to see that Jasmine, Rapunzel and Tiana are limited to 6000 i was thinking they would be 4000 for sure

Yay!!! Rapunzel is a 6000 CONFIRMED! Oh what consolation!!! :D :hsd:

She is beautiful

I see the photos of that ebayer and she,
Tiana and Pocy are STUNNING. 500 Dollars isnt too bad... look the number .. 0052 :eek: lol (5+2 = 7... my lucky number!!!)
obviously i never buy her for that price...but... tempting...VERY tempting....... .... :(

Rapunzel (i love her...REALLY. 6000)

Pocahontas (super stunning beauty! A very pretty and "real" face.. 4000)

Tiana (i really really love the face mold and the little frog... 4000)

Aurora (we have see her before on ebay :D She is not so bad..the face is cute. 4000)

Jasmine (Ok..now i really think she is SCARY. Too big head and strange,very STRANGE eyes and expression. :( 6000)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back