• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Princess Designer Collection DOLL Release Discussion v2.0

Oh yes I have right! Love4dollz... we will have the dolls we want (i hopeeee :hsd
I cant wait anymore =(

Oh, my poor cousin. He's 28 yrs old, and probably hasn't thought about Disney anything since we went to WDW in 2001. I'm not sure exactly what his job entails, but in the past he's worked for a company has represented sports personalities. But he has been informed by his boss that they have a client that wants one of the Disney Dolls (doesn't know which specific one) for his daughter and it's HIS job to make sure the client gets one. So he called my Mom, and she called me to get the scoop on these dolls. I doubt he is going to have any luck on Monday in store, so I think on Tuesday I'm going to be trying to get online to wrangle one of these dolls for my cousin.

But that's the level this doll craze has gotten.

If not, surely the client could afford ebay prices right? They may have to pay $100-200 extra, but it sounds like the client has a healthy salary.

The Disney Store Facebook page has repeated the full announcement from yesterday about the UK online release of the dolls on Oct 18, 9 AM UK Time:

Last edited:
Ugh! Someone just posted a listing for a pre-sale Designer Rapunzel, saying that they have a friend who works at a store who will hold one for this seller. If that cast member really does that, I hope they get into serious trouble for breaking the rules. For anyone going to the retail stores, keep an eye out and make a big stink if you see shady activity from the cast memebers gelping their friends and family who did not queue up with everyone else. Please call them out and complain to the manager. Escalate the issue to the manager's superior for disciplanary action, if necessary. It is this sort of behavior that has, and will, upset a lot of people who actually wait in line.

By the way, this seller claims to live in National City, CA, which is near San Diego.

Last edited:

I just saw that. How frustrating to everyone else that actually follows the rules. After all the drama that happened with Snow White and having to change the release dates, you would think that Disney would have stressed the importance of of the CM following the rules. I really hope that everyone attempting to go to the store for the release has a good experience.

Oh gosh! Simone Fontana is ME lol xD :shock:

I am famous now!!! lol

Oh
Shiva,you have right! Its unfair and disgusting that people can help the "friends" -.- Its so unfair. All have the same chances.
I hope if you see someone in line do that...SCREAM and make he/she will NOT have the dolls.

Last edited:

This is horrible. I hope everything works out for you and your dolls make it home. But on another note, I was quite surprised by the lack of a signature upon delivery. Although I guess that still wouldn't help your current situation.

Dang. It's horrible that there are people out there who are willing to make a bad situation worse for those who actually wait hours in line for a chance at a doll. What makes it even more horrible is that this person is not even obtaining it for themselves.

Oh gosh! Simone Fontana is ME lol xD :shock:

I am famous now!!! lol

Yay!

wich one he need. maybe i can buy it for you on the uk site 18 october. i can order it with my or my sisters doll. maybe that way he has a better change.

Last edited:
This is horrible. I hope everything works out for you and your dolls make it home. But on another note, I was quite surprised by the lack of a signature upon delivery. Although I guess that still wouldn't help your current situation.

It gets even worse - I checked with UPS and they said Disney has to initiate an inquiry for the missing package - I drove by the address listed in the UPS delivery confirmation email and it was a open air soccer field with a chain link fence around the entire block - even the Post Office website says the delivery address does not exist. There is a house across the street, but I can't believe that UPS would drop off a big package at a house across the street from NOTHING. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver kept the package himself. :rant:

I finally got home and reviewed the original sales slip from the D23 Expo and it has the correct shipping address. :eek2: I called the Disney Store number on the sales slip and they said D23 has to resolve the problem :cry: because the purchase was made at the Expo (even though it was at the temporary Disney Store and all of the email documentation had been from the DisneyStore.com) :shock:

Last edited:

Oh my goodness. What a nightmare. There is NO excuse for the mistake that has been made. Have you contacted D23?

Total nightmare. I hope everything works out okay for you. I would make the UPS question the driver that delivered the package.

It seems as if the demand is "changing" on Ebay for these dolls. Prices are dropping like flies! Hopefully that will mean that it may?? make it easier for us all to get the ones we want. Wishing.... sigh.

It seems as if the demand is "changing" on Ebay for these dolls. Prices are dropping like flies! Hopefully that will mean that it may?? make it easier for us all to get the ones we want. Wishing.... sigh.

I hope so, I think Mulan sold for $100 postage paid (not bad when a few weeks ago, she was going for $160).

I know I've seen some members here interested in the Designer Snow White compact. A few minutes ago I did a search on Ebay for "Disney Princess Designer Doll" (time ending soonest) and there's one up for auction that ends in about 4 hours. $20.00 starting bid and no bids so far. I have no idea what the price was in the stores, but it doesn't sound too bad to me. The seller is in California.

Last edited:

The Snow White compact mirror retail price was $14.50, so $20 is not a terrible price. Like with the designer mugs, the initial eBay prices plummet when the market gets flooded with the same item. When the retail stores restock and the eBay sellers descend upon the merchandise, eBay gets glutted with too much of the same stuff, so prices have to get pulled down from what the first sellers were demanding before the overkill. The Mulan and Snow White Designer dolls have also seen a downward trend in purchase pricing, because they are too many of them on eBay and buyers can do comparative pricing. By the way, the Snow White compact mirror is very pretty, but the fake diamonds around the edge are kind of useless, because they don't really enhance it very well the way a real diamond or a good cubic zirconia would have. They may as well have been gold colored nubs. Of course, it did sell for $14.50, so one can't expect too much...

Total nightmare. I hope everything works out okay for you. I would make the UPS question the driver that delivered the package.

I called DisneyStore.com when I got the email from a co-worker saying no one at work had seen the package and after I read the UPS delivery confirmation email and discovered the error in the delivery address. They contacted D23 (we cannot contact them directly) and I did get 3 called that day (during a training class I was teaching - "take a 10 minutes break") and the problem had been escalated up two levels. The D23 rep confirmed that the package addressing was their mistake and they were going to try and send a replacement shipment. When I got home (this afternoon) is when I discovered that the original sales slip had the correct shipping address and somewhere along the line, there were two "corrections" done by Disney and/or UPS. I called Disney back this afternoon to let them know about the additional mess-ups and the "delivery" to the "phantom house". The cast member daid she sould send an "Urgent!" e-mail to D23. Hopefully D23 will get back to me on Monday. I hate to think that UPS and or the DisneyStore.com distribution center (where the package was shipped from) might have made mistakes with other shipments.

I'm so sorry to hear all the trouble you are having to go through The shipping department at ds.com just has to get it together! How many times are they going to cost their buyers highly collectible items before they finally get it??

Really hoping for the best outcome for you and hope they are able to send you replacement dolls or locate your shipment!!

omg me too lol i think its been keeping me up lately lol

O i feel like you!

But .. really. This insane and crazy experience is the FIRST and LAST for ME.

I waiting
Rapunzel by far August ... 2 months (or little more) of anxiety and STRESS.

These dolls are REALLY BEAUTIFUL. The idea is GREAT and the marketing strategy too.
But like ALL L.E. items (the popular items,not like "sally or jack" dolls or something like that.. The alice L.E. doll (500 dolls) DONT sold out FAST like princesses!) all want them and the sellers SELL them on EvilBay for CRAZY prices.

All the troubles, the anxiety, the "error" mails,the complaining people,the ebayers who sell 3-4 of them...all is unfair and insane.

I just say this: i love this experience because bring to me wonderful person (
Moondance and Shiva first,but ElleB,Love4dollz and the others is good too !),
but if in the future Disney will produce other L.E. like Wedding princesses,or Designer Princes,or Designer Villains or something like this... i WILL NOT JOIN TO THE CRAZYNESS, ANYMORE.

For now i just hope i will have my Punzel doll in someway,but after that, Disney will NOT see me for LONG LONG LONG time.

I dont wanna stress myself anymore for a DOLL. :shock:

:salute:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.