• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Disney Tsum Tsum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney Tsum Tsum
I also think it's ridiculous for Disney to increase prices and watch their quality go down.

The Tangled set was a perfect example of how generic a set could be. The Spider-Man Tsums, while they had beautiful designs, were hindered by lack of quality detail. In Particular Venom and Spider-man, they didn't have anything embroidered other than the eyes, the backs and logos should have been embroidered instead of printed.

I've also come to the realization that Tsum Tsums just don't work with Human characters, I mean, sure they work every now and then. but it's the animals that make the sets worth getting. And Just like Funko POP figures, the face only needs eyes and a nose, MAYBE eye brows. The more detailed the faces get on the humans, the worse they look.

On the subject of Funko Pops, I really hope tsum tsum quality doesn't sink to that level! Pops have some of the worst paint jobs in existence. I stopped getting them because of that. The Dorbz look nice at least; hopefully it'll last because I like them. And yeah, human tsums tend to look boring, though I do think the more human-looking Toy Story and Inside Out characters look good.

On the subject of Funko Pops, I really hope tsum tsum quality doesn't sink to that level! Pops have some of the worst paint jobs in existence. I stopped getting them because of that. The Dorbz look nice at least; hopefully it'll last because I like them. And yeah, human tsums tend to look boring, though I do think the more human-looking Toy Story and Inside Out characters look good.

Actually, I started collecting Funko POPs three years ago and I am shocked at how their quality control has improved throughout the years! It is hard for me nowadays to find a figure that has paint defects, they did a fantastic job to up their quality. Seriously, and I'm the kind of person who is obsessed with having a perfect paint job. Now I feel safe ordering POPs online because the paint job is guaranteed to be at least 90% good.

However, you mentioned Dorbz and I think Dorbz has one of the worst quality controls. Yes, their paint apps are usually good, but that's only because Dorbz figures consist of like 4 or 5 different parts, when compared to Funko who only has the head and the body. Dorbz has a horrible time gluing things together, and more often, it looks like an 8 year old kid glued the parts together (I hope it's not true), there's glue residue left all over the figure and it sucks when the figure is black because you can clearly tell. I just started collecting Dorbz but it's been a pain finding figures that don't have glue all over them. Maybe it's something that will improve over time...

I've noticed with collectibles, quality control gets better over time. I collect Action figures made by DC Collectibles and the same thing happened with them. Comparing figures that came out a couple of years ago to the ones that come out today really proves it.

Actually, I started collecting Funko POPs three years ago and I am shocked at how their quality control has improved throughout the years! It is hard for me nowadays to find a figure that has paint defects, they did a fantastic job to up their quality. Seriously, and I'm the kind of person who is obsessed with having a perfect paint job. Now I feel safe ordering POPs online because the paint job is guaranteed to be at least 90% good.

However, you mentioned Dorbz and I think Dorbz has one of the worst quality controls. Yes, their paint apps are usually good, but that's only because Dorbz figures consist of like 4 or 5 different parts, when compared to Funko who only has the head and the body. Dorbz has a horrible time gluing things together, and more often, it looks like an 8 year old kid glued the parts together (I hope it's not true), there's glue residue left all over the figure and it sucks when the figure is black because you can clearly tell. I just started collecting Dorbz but it's been a pain finding figures that don't have glue all over them. Maybe it's something that will improve over time...

I've noticed with collectibles, quality control gets better over time. I collect Action figures made by DC Collectibles and the same thing happened with them. Comparing figures that came out a couple of years ago to the ones that come out today really proves it.

If they really have improved, then I might give their Zootopia figures a shot then. It's just that every Funko I have has something wrong with it: Bing Bong has a ding on the side of his head with little brown spots in it and his flower is messed up, Astrid has sloppy paint on her hair and head band and brown dots on her legs, Honey lemon has some mess ups on her hand and outfit, Regina has a scrape on the side of her hair (her paint looks good though!), and worst of all is Go Go Tomago--she has smeared eyes, a red splotch on her face, sloppy paint on her wheels and smears in her visor, and her hair is painted badly. It looks so bad I just kept her in the package.

I do, however, like the detail in the newer Funkos, including what was shown at this year's Toy Fair. I've just been antsy about getting any because of the condition all of mine arrived in. My other collectibles are in nowhere near as bad a condition.

...Is it too late now to find any medium Nick and Judys at Target?

I never see them whenever I go, and I've been checking periodically since Zootopia came out. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen the minis around recently, but not the mediums. (Luckily my friend was able to find a Judy for me and a Nick for herself!) I'm guessing those get snatched up soon after they're put out. I have no idea what date they'll stop stocking them, or if they've already stopped.

My Target had a bunch of Judy and Nick mediums last I checked. They didn't have any other mediums though, at least not since I bought the medium Lotso. They DID run out of some of the small characters.

...Is it too late now to find any medium Nick and Judys at Target?

I never see them whenever I go, and I've been checking periodically since Zootopia came out. :(

My Target went sneaky on me once the Zootopia tt's came out. They have the usual tsum tsum endcap of nothing but varying sizes of tsums and the colorful display box but then a few aisles over, they have a miscellaneous endcap and one of the shelves holds only Zootopia tsums not in any type of display box. Then they received the Star Wars tsum tsums and those are in a third location, different aisle on a separate hanging side rack display! There is a also a fourth location for the vinyl tsum tsums.

Everytime I see someone posting that a Target has received a new character I just scour every toy aisle to make sure I'm not missing out since Target can't seem to keep all of the items together.

My Target only had one Judy and no Nick so at the moment I'm trying to find him. They still had the minis, but only one Nick. Luckily I was able to get the mini set and a medium Judy. Now to find that sly fox! :lol:

Hmm, okay, there's still hope! Thanks, everyone! An employee said a new shipment of medium tsums are expected to come to the store April 1st, so hopefully it includes some Nicks and Judys!

But if not, would anyone be willing to do a pickup for me? :D

Ohhh I found a handkerchief on ebay with the Monsters, inc and Monsters, University characters! These need to happen!

Just an idea but... :-D

Would anyone want to trade with me Donald and Daisy from JP Year of the Monkey set for the Tsum Tsum Book of Haiku and Eek Dale?

I have just found that the book is finally in English (I prefer it in Spanish, but it's better than nothing :-D) and Eek Dale is that tsum that is always at store but I always left because there are always more limited tsums to buy :p Poor Dale :-D I want it to walk with my two winked Chip (right and left) but I never find the moment to buy it :-D And because Donald and Daisy are my last pair of Monkey I thought it would be a good trade.

Anyone interested by any chance??

attachment.php

Easter Tsums released in Japan:

JapanTsumTsumNews20160325_1.jpg
cb326a13e40677a6c71adb532486f34987858727.jpg

Leaked pics of the new Alice Through the Looking Glass tsums. Alice has blue eyes and a bow, Cheshire has whiskers and teeth and might also be available as a medium sized tsum.
2d626033dd0df7b3c3ba455634c5641e56ab6f77.jpg

sources: tsumtsumchicago and tsumtsumcentral

Leaked pics of the new Alice Through the Looking Glass tsums. Alice has blue eyes and a bow, Cheshire has whiskers and teeth and might also be available as a medium sized tsum.
2d626033dd0df7b3c3ba455634c5641e56ab6f77.jpg

sources: tsumtsumchicago and tsumtsumcentral

Oh man I can't wait! I have been wanting to pick up the Alice and Cheshire Cat tsums for what feels like forever now, and no store around me has them (and I don't want to pay almost $20 for a Japan one or risk getting a bootleg on eBay). Plus I really like the added details on these.

So I am going to assume that tonight's release is going to be really quiet seeing how the last Star Wars release went. I only want Darth Maul from this set, so I might finally buy him along with the Darth Vader and Luke from wave one. I just wish Disney would cut back on their dang shipping prices! Fixing that problem would make these things so much more affordable for me.

I think that it's gonna be quite too...
I want Amidala, Darth Maul and probably Jar Jar and Qui Gon Jinn. I will wait until Episode 2-3 versions of Obi Wan and Anakin (I hope there will be one :-D).
And I really want next TTT will be Alice instead of The Jungle Book because I just want the new characters from Alice but all from Jungle Book :p and I would prefer to spend my budget on an (expensive) Clarabelle I have just found... But I don't think I will be so lucky... :-D

Ooh I've been wanting a medium Cheshire Cat, so that's great news! The whiskers make it look like he has a mustache though lol.

Oh man I can't wait! I have been wanting to pick up the Alice and Cheshire Cat tsums for what feels like forever now, and no store around me has them (and I don't want to pay almost $20 for a Japan one or risk getting a bootleg on eBay). Plus I really like the added details on these.

I love this Cheshire and his details as well, although I really wish this had been the first Cheshire tusm they had released (with the grin) and that the second release was of him grey and turquoise like the new stuffed animal is. :D

So I am going to assume that tonight's release is going to be really quiet seeing how the last Star Wars release went. I only want Darth Maul from this set, so I might finally buy him along with the Darth Vader and Luke from wave one. I just wish Disney would cut back on their dang shipping prices! Fixing that problem would make these things so much more affordable for me.

S&H prices have always been an issue, imo, even back in the day when there were weekly pin releases on DS. I wish they had an affordable "Disney Prime" thing like Amazon does, LOL!

I think that it's gonna be quite too...
I want Amidala, Darth Maul and probably Jar Jar and Qui Gon Jinn. I will wait until Episode 2-3 versions of Obi Wan and Anakin (I hope there will be one :-D).
And I really want next TTT will be Alice instead of The Jungle Book because I just want the new characters from Alice but all from Jungle Book :p and I would prefer to spend my budget on an (expensive) Clarabelle I have just found... But I don't think I will be so lucky... :-D

Be careful what you wish for. ;) My luck, Disney will have a surprise ten new character releases for the Alice tsum tsums, like a Jabberwocky, Tweedle Dee & Dum, The Caterpillar... just to name a few. :eek2:

I agree, though, The Jungle Book tsums look amazing in the leaked pictures. I hope they really are that cute and not ugly like The Tangled ones were. :sigh: Even if they are, I'll still be getting Shere Khan and Bagheera. Leave no kitty behind! :D

I think the second April Tsum Tsum Tuesday will probably be Jungle Book to coincide with the movie's release.
The first May release will probably Captain America Civil War
The second May release will be Alice....

Side note: Writing this is so crazy! I'm studying abroad in the US and i graduate this semester and I just realized that I've got a month left here! So crazy! Tsum Tsum tuesdays made me realize that! haha

3314_modal_JungleBookTsum_ComingSoon_05042016_ES.jpg

3667_modal_star_wars_ComingSoon_19042016_ES.jpg

Love the new Boba Fett :-D The release date is weird because it won't be on Tuesday so we will have TTT set on 4th and one day later this Boba Fett... Great for saving on shipping <_<
On the other hand, I like Jungle Book set buy it's a shame we won't get Shanti (the little girl)... I really want her :-(

froggerway said:
Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, I really would love more new characters (one is just not enough for me :-D)... But we will have to wait one more month to know it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back