• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen dolls this detailed from Disney in a long time, even the box is beautiful! My mom just showed me on Skype the ones she got at her Disney store, they are really stunning.

Hey guys, Im planning on getting Elsa tonight. I really wanted to get
Both but I get paid Thursday. I can only afford elsa till then.
If anyone has an Anna or ends up getting one they would like to sell
Please let me know. These two are my birthday presents and I was so bummed that I get paid late.

Last edited:
Woke up late thinking there was no chance in getting these dolls today (our first release) but decided I would still like to see what they looked like in person. Got to our local mall at 9:03 and was able to get all 3 dolls - whew.

Does anyone know of any upcoming releases?

Holy God, this has been a very long day! Woke up at 7:30, headed off to the store around 8:15 and got there between 8:30 and 8:40. Was 5th in line for Elsa and Anna, and there were 15 of each doll available. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the store had changed their policy - there actually was a line this time rather than a huge crowd around the entrance (maybe they were spoken to by mall security or something). When I picked up the FF girls, I also managed to snag the FF, Peter Pan, and Tinker Bell tsums tsums (don't really collect, but I figured why not). Then I met my mother for lunch and we went back to wait together for the raffle at 12:30. Both our names got called, lol, but we only wanted one, so we turned the other one down. Again, there were 15 available and we ended up with the #5 card (yes, they were still handing out the cards, even announced that they were changing things up). Got home around 2:00 and immediately came on here to see how everyone else did. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble everyone went through yet again on the European sites. Hopefully the DS sites overseas can get their act together for the next release. Best of luck to those trying on the US site tonight!

On a side note, I asked the manager of our store why certain stores went with raffles and others did first come, first serve for the designers. He said that, because the company was late on informing the stores of what the regulations were going to be regarding today's release for the LE dolls, many of the stores had all ready announced that they were doing a first come, first serve basis for everything only to then learn that the raffle was still going to be in effect. So, rather than go back on their word and catch their customers unaware, those stores continued to do it as first come, first serve. And considering how long it took for certain stores to even know if they were getting these dolls or not, I think this is pretty accurate as to what happened.

56e3058a5ac711086444128c20c649ea.jpg

I find it strange that my Elsa has a euro sign I believe, and it says London.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think its safe to say we won't miss these dolls for the next couple of months. Ordering from the UK this time round has been one of the hardest and only by luck have I managed to get my dolls but I know a lot of people have missed out so Disney need to rethink how to deal with EU releases.

I'd love to go back to instore release one day then online the next but not sure what else would work. Because we have such a small number of dolls it just turns out to be a nightmare!

Last edited:
Incoming pic spam in 3... 2... 1...

Elsa with the plastic cover removed so I could check the CoA number. Gorgeous.
ffelsa.jpg

428, low number like my March Elsa.

ffelsacoa.jpg

I was 6th in line but #5 was the mother of someone in the group in front of me and didn't take any dolls. Shoutout to the group in front of me for being awesome people, and the lady behind me as well! Good line mates make those five hour waits so much better. XD So I got my lucky number 5 for my card. Funnily enough, the sharpie they used to write the number matches the ink in the fountain pen I was carrying.

ffelsacard.jpg

The outfit is just absolutely gorgeous in sunlight:

ffelsaoutside.jpg

She's stunning and I'm just so so so happy with her. :D

Couldn't afford Anna, sadly. On the bright side my aunt gave me the go ahead to use her card for the website tonight, so I can at least try to snag her there. Wish me luck completing this set!

This was my first in-store experience. I stopped to use the bathroom after the hour long drive (I knew I couldn't make it until after the store opened) and a couple of people got a head of me because of it. I was 14th in line and really sweating it, hoping they had at least that many dolls. They did! They had 14 each of the FF dolls and 16 Anna/Kristoff. I got the last Elsa! There was one Anna left after me, and a few Anna/Kristoff. I'm not a superstitious person, but my doll # is 0628, which was my grandmother's birthday, so I'm a little extra attached. These dolls are gorgeous! My Kindle wasn't working right because I didn't eject properly from my pc after charging and loading some books this morning, and my phone died on me, so it was a couple hours of standing without anything to do, but totally worth it.

Good luck to everyone tonight. I'll probably be up since my sleep schedule is totally off. I can't seem to be asleep at 3:00 a.m. for some strange reason. Anyone else having a hard time getting back on a sleep schedule because of the 3:00 am purchases?

They still have plenty at International Plaza. It's only an hour away in Tampa.

Do you know who many they had? I had to choose between International Plaza and Brandon Town Center. I went with Brandon. The cast member from the IP store scared me by stating everyone just piled in. I thought they might line up, but didn't want to risk it. I also thought they might be busier in Tampa. Thankfully the Brandon store had everyone lined up and it went pretty smooth.

Do you know who many they had? I had to choose between International Plaza and Brandon Town Center. I went with Brandon. The cast member from the IP store scared me by stating everyone just piled in. I thought they might line up, but didn't want to risk it. I also thought they might be busier in Tampa. Thankfully the Brandon store had everyone lined up and it went pretty smooth.

I think it was 12 Anna and 16 Elsa. Early on, we usually don't line up, just sit at the tables in front of the store. They hand out the tickets between 7 and 8 and then people start actually showing up. I don't get in the line, line because I already have my ticket. And then when they open we all line up in order of our tickets.

ce9666e44b6a4e71d7c35a3b128a5fc9.jpg

I was able to get all three in store today. I was sooo stressed out. My store had 14 of each and I was the 6th one in line. This was my second doll release in store.

Is anyone from the UK going to get Anna and Elsa from the US site? I've worked out that with shipping and import fees they will come to around £286 ($440) depending on which carrier is used in the UK. Plus a currency conversion rate which will be around £6 depending on your bank. I can't decide if I should get them or not. I already have all the previous Frozen dolls. Maybe I don't need these. Someone talk me out of it :lol:

Husband's day off. We decided to stop by the local DS, just to see. We got THE LAST Anna, Elsa, and Anna/Kristoff. The display ones. That was it. We missed the Kristoff. And it was Husband(!) who said, yes, get them.

We're not really collecting dolls anymore. We have some--Husband just looked at them all, sitting in a closet. I know! But we don't have room!

I need a HUGE house! I'd love to have rooms set up like a gallery, just to showcase the dolls, pins, beanies, comics, etc. A kid's dream!

We don't have kids. But I'm childish, so that works.

And we're going on vacation soon, to see Harry Potter, the Minions, and Mickey. Staying at Cabana Bay and Pop Century. Soon now.

Silvermist66, thanks for the codes! Can you remind me...we just enter the codes in the search bar on the DS site? Thanks SO much for the help. I decided not to double my chances and go to the nearest store (2 hrs away) and now I'm having a mild panic attack that I won't get both FF dolls online tonight!!!

Your welcome! Yep, just search for the codes come midnight/3:00am and they'll pop right up! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back