• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisneyStore Limited Edition 17" Dolls Discussion
Same here! Still kind of hoping that they'd do a surprise variant.. But my wallet sure is happy that/if they didn't.lol

I wouldn't mind if they released a variant, I was actually hoping for blue, but I love the pink dress and the texture look and it is the only Le doll in pink.

I asked about Maleficent in store yesterday and they were looking at me like crazy, sayin 'sir we had villains few years ago'.

Europeans, I heard a rumor like the LE sleeping beauty won't be release the 7th october for Europe. are people know more about this?

the source is a cm from disney store champs elysées Paris.

Last edited:
let's see if other people from UK heard about this. Since here we have only one store that is selling the limited dolls. But I'm still thinking they are confused between aurore LE and aurora fairytale.

OMG, the Maleficent doll is amazing. I am so mad I am broke. Might be selling pins or Frozen merch to be able to afford her.

6a013481198b41970c01b7c6e999aa970b-pi

Ok this made it so easy for me. Her face is not as movie accurate as the one from Mattel few years ago so noup.

Ahh they DID decide to do blue aurora!!

I can't decide if I like what they've done with maleficent. What is it with the rhinestone over-use in both blue aurora and maleficent? Somehow it makes it look a bit cheap.

But man my wallet is seriously crying if I end up getting blue aurora, maleficent and the designer couples... :anxious:

Prince Phillip's face is kind of meh.

6a013481198b41970c01a73df31089970d-pi

6a013481198b41970c01b7c6e99991970b-pi

6a013481198b41970c01b7c6e999aa970b-pi

6a013481198b41970c01b8d073a470970c-pi

Last edited:
I love all three of the new dolls! However I still wish they would have given Aurora lips that shame the red red rose.

Maleficent's face sculpt is basically identical to its classic doll.. So it's like a bigger doll with fancier outfit plus accessories.

Last edited:
They would make the blue one after I've already ordered the pink one, and it looks a lot better than my quick shop too. I really like the added contrast on the roses.

Philip's face is pretty meh indeed, and he's in his ball attire yet armed for the final battle (just realised that while typing this). The dragon embroidery is nice, and I LOVE that they remembered the Sword of Truth and Shield of Virtue (which is embellished though a bit flat), but it's really odd to mesh the outfits like that.

I'm not in love with Maleficent on first look though the bigger image helps. The plunging neckline doesn't work at all and the dress doesn't seem very representative of her lush robes with all the volume relegated solely to her sleeves. Though I think part of this is the way it's posed. I like that they remembered the subtle red on the bottom however, and I'm happy to see Diablo included. She's my least favorite of the bunch and the one that's likely going to be more expensive in the future making her hard to pass on.

Sadly, I'll only be able to afford one of these I think and right now it's leaning towards blue Aurora, since i wanted that before it existed. It's irksome seeing as I would've just bought that one by itself had they revealed them together. I was thinking of getting either Maleficent or Philip before the reveal but I'm not too sure at the moment. I've know for awhile that I'll likely only be able to afford one and never figured it'd be another Aurora. The Fairytale Couples aren't looking good either.

They would make the blue one after I've already ordered the pink one, and it looks a lot better than my quick shop too. I really like the added contrast on the roses.

Philip's face is pretty meh indeed, and he's in his ball attire yet armed for the final battle (just realised that while typing this). The dragon embroidery is nice, and I LOVE that they remembered the Sword of Truth and Shield of Virtue (which is embellished though a bit flat), but it's really odd to mesh the outfits like that.

I'm not in love with Maleficent on first look though the bigger image helps. The plunging neckline doesn't work at all and the dress doesn't seem very representative of her lush robes with all the volume relegated solely to her sleeves. Though I think part of this is the way it's posed. I like that they remembered the subtle red on the bottom however, and I'm happy to see Diablo included. She's my least favorite of the bunch and the one that's likely going to be more expensive in the future making her hard to pass on.

Sadly, I'll only be able to afford one of these I think and right now it's leaning towards blue Aurora, since i wanted that before it existed. It's irksome seeing as I would've just bought that one by itself had they revealed them together. I was thinking of getting either Maleficent or Philip before the reveal but I'm not too sure at the moment. I've know for awhile that I'll likely only be able to afford one and never figured it'd be another Aurora. The Fairytale Couples aren't looking good either.

Ditto. I had completely given up on Blue Aurora since it was only a rumor and they had only announced it in pink two months ago.

I'm honestly a little hesitant to pay for an identical doll just with different outfit and I had planned on getting Maleficent before anything was announced. But after seeing the pictures, I think I'm also leaning toward blue aurora since she's like an old flame.lol Not impressed with Aurora in the designer series; I have her in her peasant outfit in the singing doll and animator doll so I'm happy. Plus I'm not entirely in love with Maleficent either. Somehow her head and the rest doesn't look.. together.

Anyone notice the resemblance between Prince Phillip's and Prince Edward's outfit from Enchanted btw?lol
tumblr_n9ge4vkhd61spjkqpo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I think I just figured out what's weird about Maleficent for me: we can see her neck and collarbone area.. And the high collars and the fact that they give her curves.

I can't decide how I feel about Maleficent. She is my favorite villain but I was expecting more of a classic look. I will definitely be getting blue Aurora to display next to pink Aurora, they will look gorgeous side by side. ^.^

The pictures are FINALLY here!!!! When I first seen Maleficent, I was really mixed. But after looking at her for a while, I think she looks great! I think she needs a cape or something to go on her back, but other than that she looks like she will be well worth the wait. I'm so happy they are making an Aurora in the blue dress too! This is perfect seeing I prefer her in the blue dress and that I regret not getting the pink dress Aurora when she came out, so I have another chance to get an Aurora! As for Phillip, I'm not really a big fan. I appreciate that they did a decent job with the hair this time, but I'm not digging the outfit or face seeing they dont really resemble the original outfit or character. Still I hope those who want him can get him. Other than that, I'm happy beyond belief with how Maleficent and Aurora have turned out! It was worth the wait, but now I hope I can actually get them (or at least Maleficent)!

Oh wow... Where do I even begin with these?
Horrible! Just horrible! WT* Disney store??!!

1. Blue Aurora: Why not release her on pre-order with pink aurora? That was stupid! But other than that, she is clearly the best looking doll in the set. However, if you combine her with pink aurora she could turn out to be amazing. Problems:The extra gems in her bodice is really unnecessary and makes the doll looks cheap. But everything else looks fine. I like how they made the top layer of her skirt thinner than the red one. They also embellished the rose more by embroidering the insides, not just the the frame. Blue Aurora is a must get.

2. Maleficent: One of the worst dolls i have ever seen. Where do I even begin? OMG.
1. Her horns are short and fat. Their not as long as I thought they would be.
2. Her face and facial expression are horrible. Just horrible. I am saddened that a $10 mattel doll would have a better facial sculpt. Why does her face shine? She's not covered in snow... Why is it metallic? That doesn't make sense!
3. Her collar or the things that go behind her neck are really not needed and should instead be rapped around her neck.
4. Why is her neck visible? For gods sake this is the animated maleficent not the live action one! One more reason why I will continue to hate that movie.
5. Once again, like the live action maleficent, we get a dress that is very tight and true to fit instead of the voluminous outfit that she wears in the movie.
Ugh! I can't review it anymore! What a horrible looking doll! Absolutely horrible! Dare i say even worse than Belle and Cinderella.
I mean, mattel came out with this doll a few years ago and she was 12"! So what's disney excuse for botching up one of the most anticipated doll in the line?
original_334692_WeqFxGT9B5fsLrzHCEFWee_UH.jpg

Once again disneystore, just like HotTopic, other companies know how to fulfill the customer's need. Not you. Shame on you!

And now on the catastrophe that is phillip!

That is not Phillip. His outfit is not his, he's missing his hat. His cape is not that long in the movie. Might need better pictures to judge this one. But once again, not a good sign.

We have yet another situation where I just can't understand what they were thinking. I mean, who Ok'd maleficent's sculpt?
We are asked to pay $120 for this? These are not even worth $70! Dipping the doll in gemstones is not going to up the value of it.

I personally wouldn't want to purchase any of these. And my friend and sisters are having some serious second thoughts about wanting Maleficent and Phillip.

Very surprised about the blue Aurora. I really didn't think that was going to happen at all. And Maleficent looks a lot different than what I was expecting. Not as blown away as I thought I'd be, but I like them well enough so I am still going to try for all three. Ugh, I am going to be so broke...

Oh wow... Where do I even begin with these?
Horrible! Just horrible! WT* Disney store??!!

1. Blue Aurora: Why not release her on pre-order with pink aurora? That was stupid! But other than that, she is clearly the best looking doll in the set. However, if you combine her with pink aurora she could turn out to be amazing. Problems:The extra gems in her bodice is really unnecessary and makes the doll looks cheap. But everything else looks fine. I like how they made the top layer of her skirt thinner than the red one. They also embellished the rose more by embroidering the insides, not just the the frame. Blue Aurora is a must get.

2. Maleficent: One of the worst dolls i have ever seen. Where do I even begin? OMG.
1. Her horns are short and fat. Their not as long as I thought they would be.
2. Her face and facial expression are horrible. Just horrible. I am saddened that a $10 mattel doll would have a better facial sculpt. Why does her face shine? She's not covered in snow... Why is it metallic? That doesn't make sense!
3. Her collar or the things that go behind her neck are really not needed and should instead be rapped around her neck.
4. Why is her neck visible? For gods sake this is the animated maleficent not the live action one! One more reason why I will continue to hate that movie.
5. Once again, like the live action maleficent, we get a dress that is very tight and true to fit instead of the voluminous outfit that she wears in the movie.
Ugh! I can't review it anymore! What a horrible looking doll! Absolutely horrible! Dare i say even worse than Belle and Cinderella.
I mean, mattel came out with this doll a few years ago and she was 12"! So what's disney excuse for botching up one of the most anticipated doll in the line?
original_334692_WeqFxGT9B5fsLrzHCEFWee_UH.jpg

Once again disneystore, just like HotTopic, other companies know how to fulfill the customer's need. Not you. Shame on you!

And now on the catastrophe that is phillip!

That is not Phillip. His outfit is not his, he's missing his hat. His cape is not that long in the movie. Might need better pictures to judge this one. But once again, not a good sign.

We have yet another situation where I just can't understand what they were thinking. I mean, who Ok'd maleficent's sculpt?
We are asked to pay $120 for this? These are not even worth $70! Dipping the doll in gemstones is not going to up the value of it.

I personally wouldn't want to purchase any of these. And my friend and sisters are having some serious second thoughts about wanting Maleficent and Phillip.

lordofanime - THANK YOU. You have put everything that's weird-ing me out about Maleficent in actual words. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what's weird/wrong about her other than the neck region and the curves. The collar looks like she's about to attend a masquerade ball or opera back in the 17th century.

That mattel version is stunning!!! Was it a limited edition?

Last edited:
Whaaaa? I'm so shocked at all the unhappiness in here. Honestly, these dolls look a.m.a.z.i.n.g!!!! I'm so in love. Philip? I seriously died and only came back to life because of Maleficent. I'd suggest clicking on the pics and looking at them in full resolution. I think the problem is we all have the perfect ideal doll in our heads before we see the final product and that's impossible to live up to.

But come one! These dolls are so gorgeous!!!

I think Philip MIGHT have taken over Lady Tremaine's place in my heart as my favorite heirloom doll. I'll have to see them in person side by side to decide. Wow, so happy right now <3

Oh, and I'm glad they upped the edition size. Phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back