• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF 10th Anniversary Giveaway #4
My Guess: Princess and the Frog

My Favorite Ride: Like all good Disney fans, I have a lot favorite rides but no matter what I always try to go on Goofy Barnstormer ride in Magic Kingdom. It's in the circus part of Magic Kingdom so it's a little hidden and not very popular but I just love it for some reason (maybe its the short wait!). Its a quick little ride but always so fun.

Fun! My guess is The Incredibles.

My favorite ride is Ratatouille in Disneyland Paris. It's a ride plus simulator that makes it seem like you're the mice running around and being chased. It's just fun and different. There's also a restaurant next door to the ride - Gasteau's - in which the decor is all enlarged kitchen items (like the booth backs are large plates), carrying on the theme of making you seem small like the mice.

Fun! My guess is The Incredibles.

My favorite ride is Ratatouille in Disneyland Paris. It's a ride plus simulator that makes it seem like you're the mice running around and being chased. It's just fun and different. There's also a restaurant next door to the ride - Gasteau's - in which the decor is all enlarged kitchen items (like the booth backs are large plates), carrying on the theme of making you seem small like the mice.

Yes, the Ratatouille ride is amazing! Hands down my favorite thing I did on my visit to DLP!

3. The prize is a Disney Mystery Box that I put together. The box is themed after a Disney/Pixar movie. Your task is to guess which Disney/Pixar movie the box is themed after.
May I ask for clarification? (Going with yes... so going to ask...) :)
I read number 3. as an 'and/or'... it could be a Disney OR Pixar movie. Could you confirm if it could be any Disney movie? Not just Disney-Pixar?

Well... I think the best way to play this particular game is to guess a movie theme I would want to win as a prize. This really is a good set up for a game. Nice job @mybabykelly ! :)

My guess: Moana

Edit: Favorite ride... hmmm... I am a bit of a thrill junky, so Guardians of the Galaxy or Incredicoaster. I always enjoy the random tune on GotG... I usually spend the ride doing a seated dance (as much as the seat belt allows.)

Last edited:
I’m going to vote Mulan if only we were looking forward to its release this summer.

Big Disney history buff here so I have to go with a vintage attraction. It’s interesting that only the Carousel of Progress, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, and It’s a Small World are left intact from the 1964 world’s fair, though parts of Ford’s magic skyway was repurposed into the Primeval World exhibit on the Disneyland Railroad. As WDW is my home park, my vote goes to the Carousel of Progress/TTA People Mover which houses what’s left of the Progress City Model...

Last edited:
My guess is Tangled.

I have a lot of favorites, so I'll pick one that hasn't had a story yet: Flight of Passage! For anyone who's been on it, you know that without a Fastpass (or decreased park capacity) the only way you ride is first thing in the morning or right at closing. The first time I rode I was on a college volunteering trip in Orlando, it was our last night, and we all went a little crazy waiting in the very long queue. But it was definitely worth it in the end!

That being said, I still haven't seen Avatar. Maybe when the sequels come out?

I'm going to guess Tangled. Mainly because I would love to add some Rapunzel pins to my collection.

My favorite ride is Journey to the Center of the Earth at Disneysea. I love the backstory and the cool dark-ride portions. It's especially fun when it's snowing and you go from fire effects indoors to icy wind outside as you shoot at high speeds.

My guess is Monster's Inc.

My favorite ride is It's A Small World; specifically the one at Disneyland as it's the only Disney park I've ever been to. I have loved it ever since I was a small child and went one for the first time at 3. My parents I rode it five times in a row as it was raining and there was no line. I remember falling in love with the colors, songs, and cute animals(that we had just seen in real life on safari a few weeks prior) in my yellow Mickey rain poncho. Ever since, it has always been my favorite ride. The whimsy and charm still delight me and my daughter was fascinated by it when she was on her first trip last year.

Ooh more games! I have to stand by my username and guess Aladdin :cool:

While It's a Small World holds a special place in my heart with its colorful design and universal theme, I will say Pirates of the Caribbean is another favorite. The sights (adventure, prisoners luring dog with key, treasure), sounds (Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me, pirate jargon, nature), and smells (yes the water!) bring back such memories. The drops are also thrilling and surprised me for the first time as a kid who had only gone on less scary rides back then. I could never be bored of this ride. Also, at least for me, it seems to have a shorter line compared to what feels like a longer ride. And it was cooling during those hot summer days.

My Guess: The Great Mouse Detective. Going with picking something I’d just really love to get a box full of stuff for!

My Favorite Ride: I’m not sure I can pick a favorite now. There are so many I like for different reasons. Unless I can really stretch the definition of park ride and pick the cruise ships? Probably not, huh? Then the best I can do is say that the first time I went to Disney World, when I was 4 or 5 in the mid 1980s, hands down my favorite ride was the original Journey into Imagination or Figment ride at EPCOT. I loved every last bit of it and wanted to ride it over and over to make sure I saw every part. When my family went back at Christmas 1999 it was just after the change to the basically Figment-less version and I was so disappointed. The version now is a little better and at least uses some of the awesome Figment animatronics, but it still doesn’t compare to the first one in my memory. Of course, I’m not sure the reality of the first one would be as good as it is in my memory, though I have watched YouTube videos of it and I still think it’s pretty good.

My guess: Well, I actually believe the most likely thing is Star Wars. But I don't collect that and will leave that to the Star Wars collectors. I think the next most likely is Tangled. And while I would love to win a box of Tangled goodies, several other people have already guessed that so it has some competition. (Great minds...) And I don't actually collect it so they would be traders. So again, I will leave that one to others. So in the end, I am going to go with Alice in Wonderland since that is one of my main collections and would be awesome to get that box (though I don't actually think that's what it is.)

My favorite ride: This one is really tricky. There are so many that I truly love, and they change over time. My original fave was probably Haunted Mansion. Such a fun old school ride. But when MGM Studios opened, Tower of Terror was an instant fave (I really liked/miss the backlot tour also). But Midway Mania knocked ToT off the top. I try so hard to get a high score that I get a blister every time I ride it. But still love it! Now, if you had asked this question a little over a year ago, the answer would have been Flight of Passage. That's just such an amazing ride, especially when over the water and doing the barrel roll. But since then I've been to Shanghai and rode Tron and their Pirates so my current fave has to be....Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean. Now, don't get me wrong. I really love the original PoC and would be disappointed to see it change. But Shanghai's PoC is just absolutely incredible. It shows how amazing WDI can still be when they put their minds to it and I am very much looking forward to other attractions that use similar technology telling another story.

P.S. No, I can't just answer the question simply and succinctly. :D

My guess: Well, I actually believe the most likely thing is Star Wars. But I don't collect that and will leave that to the Star Wars collectors. I think the next most likely is Tangled. And while I would love to win a box of Tangled goodies, several other people have already guessed that so it has some competition. (Great minds...) And I don't actually collect it so they would be traders. So again, I will leave that one to others. So in the end, I am going to go with Alice in Wonderland since that is one of my main collections and would be awesome to get that box (though I don't actually think that's what it is.)

My favorite ride: This one is really tricky. There are so many that I truly love, and they change over time. My original fave was probably Haunted Mansion. Such a fun old school ride. But when MGM Studios opened, Tower of Terror was an instant fave (I really liked/miss the backlot tour also). But Midway Mania knocked ToT off the top. I try so hard to get a high score that I get a blister every time I ride it. But still love it! Now, if you had asked this question a little over a year ago, the answer would have been Flight of Passage. That's just such an amazing ride, especially when over the water and doing the barrel roll. But since then I've been to Shanghai and rode Tron and their Pirates so my current fave has to be....Shanghai's Pirates of the Caribbean. Now, don't get me wrong. I really love the original PoC and would be disappointed to see it change. But Shanghai's PoC is just absolutely incredible. It shows how amazing WDI can still be when they put their minds to it and I am very much looking forward to other attractions that use similar technology telling another story.

P.S. No, I can't just answer the question simply and succinctly. :D
Lol you had me on quite the adventure trying to figure out your guess :p too funny!

Last edited:
My guess is Toy Story (only because of my answers below - thought a theme would be good)

My favorite ride - there are many but if I had to narrow it down it would be the following 2. My family is very competitive and we always make wagers to see who will get the best score (used to be churros for my son, now it's just bragging rights). My son usually demolishes our scores at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster and I usually come out ahead at Toy Story Mania, my poor husband always gets the lowest score. I need to look up ways to increase my scores on both for the next time my son comes with us :chip:
1. Toy Story Mania
2. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster

My guess is UP!

Favorite ride is Splash! It's just that one ride you want to go on when it's summer cus its so hot. You're waiting in long lines outside, no shade in some parts. When you're a kid its the only ride you wanna go on during the summer. But the last time I experienced it was January about 60 degrees at night and there was no waiting time. My family and I made the bad decision and went for it. We were drenched but good thing we left the park after cus that cool breeze made things a lot worse haha

My Guess: Moana, as that is one of my main collections
My Favorite Ride: Toy Story Mania. Our family is competitive, and we love going through this ride to see who gets the highest score. We will get FP and go early to get in line, to see how many times we can ride it consecutively before the line is too long. By the time we are done, my arm is tired from shooting, but we have lots of laughs over how close our scores may or may not be to each other and who actually wins. :) Previously, my daughter wasn't old enough to fully understand how to shoot, but now that she is older, she may be in the running for the bragging rights.

Hope it is all right for me just to comment! I LOVE reading what people like! So fun, especially as I only know a few of the rides. Very fun! Also . . . I am just about to burst waiting to find out what topic the mytery box is! -grin- Not even caring who wins . . . just the anticipation is so exciting! This is definitely a fun game! :) Glad you thought up this brilliant idea!

Mystery Theme Box - I’m going to guess Mulan as the theme.

My Favorite Ride - I go back and forth between Splash Mountain and Big Thunder as being my favorite. I really love them both. However for purpose of this game, I will choose Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I love riding BT at night during the fireworks. It is a different experience as if I was really riding in a runaway rail car. The darkness and the random explosions from the fire works make it seem more dangerous.

Hope it is all right for me just to comment! I LOVE reading what people like! So fun, especially as I only know a few of the rides. Very fun! Also . . . I am just about to burst waiting to find out what topic the mytery box is! -grin- Not even caring who wins . . . just the anticipation is so exciting! This is definitely a fun game! :) Glad you thought up this brilliant idea!
Thank you for the positivity, glad everyone is getting to read and enjoy each other’s posts :)

My movie guess is Tangled because it’s my favorite movie (and collection).

My favorite ride is 7D Mine Train (though I’ve never experienced it). I experience serious motion sickness on rides. Looking at the carousel will make me ill. I went on the Buzz Lightyear ride on my first trip and it was awful. I take medicine which helps with the transportation to the parks, but the rides are out. I end up being the “keeper of the stuff” while others ride :rolleyes: .This gives me time to appreciate some of the Imagineers’ work in areas like Rapunzel’s Tower (best themed bathrooms ever).

If I had to guess a ride that looks like it would be great fun to ride, I’d guess 7 D Mine Train. I love seeing everyone enjoy it when they ride it.

My Favorite Movie Guess:

Mary Poppins

My Fav Ride at the OMK:

This is REALLY HARD TO ANSWER!

However, I'm going to choice:

Alice in Wonderland.

I absolutely Go Mad seeing all the characters. And I always, Smile, Laugh, say Hello to my Fav Cat and can complete relate to the Queen's tantrum when she says "off with her Head" . Plus, it's been a part of Disneyland from nearly the beginning.

And I'm adding My Fav Ride(s) tie here.. at DCA,

Carsland RACERS & SOARIN'

I absolutely Love the Racers. It so much fun to race at the end.

And Soarin', well...in am ideal world, I would be travelling to all those places. So, it really appeals to that part of me.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back