• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF Gold Accounts

Would a DPF Gold account interest you?

• Total voters
DPF Gold Accounts
I'm all for supporting the DPF in any way I can & the "perks" mentioned in the OP are very similar to a UK forum that I belong to - annual payment is taken automatically via Paypal - the UK forum also limits sales to AP members.

The practicality of the suggestion resides with the mods (as Grim mentioned) which may require some behind the scenes set-up - but it is a great suggestion!

I'm all for this. I love DPF and would be happy to give back a bit.

I think it should have its own sale and trading threads? Why? Because people in there you know will have been around longer and less likely to screw around.

This is a great idea!

I also like Crystal's idea of having a bigger PM inbox. The inboxes here are a bit on the small side.

He is, but only in the sense that he checks up on the forums every few days. In which sense, he never left. Should be "back-back" in March some time, though.

He's also "back" in the sense that he forgot entirely to vote on the poll for this thread. But he fixed that.

Yes, Yes, YES and YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot say enough YESes

May I also add that i'd like the features added to this as:

Coloured names- Imagine Moondance in teal- it's so...Moondance! :D
Auto-colour/font/size posts- So Moondance can post faster in teal, size 6 and comic sans MS!!!!!!!

Moondance approves!

Moondance thinks it's so very silly and funny to talk in the third person every now in then...

Moondance is happy.

I really REALLY like this idea. Or maybe a custom picture in the name area! Imagine SNOUDEL with goofy characters jumping around and such! :D

Is there any chance of this happening????
The idea has been put on the backburner in recent months, but thanks for the reminder! It's something we will definitely revisit very soon, as I don't feel that donations are the best way to go about supporting the site (we aren't exactly "hurting" for support at this point, but some support would be a great help in ensuring we can continue to offer you guys giveaways, and continual site improvements) -- we believe you guys should at least get something in return for your support!

I'll have a chat with the team and see what we can come up with.

In the meantime, don't be afraid to let us know what you'd like to see, and we'll consider everything (that is feasible/possible, of course) if we implement this!

In the meantime, don't be afraid to let us know what you'd like to see, and we'll consider everything (that is feasible/possible, of course) if we implement this!

Since you opened the door, and in the light of recent events, I would like to see a consequence system in place. Something similar to the three strike rule, or the driver's license points ... especially regarding gossip & personal attacks.

Something like - if a member starts a hatred thread it is 2 points, if a member attacks another member in an independent thread it is 1 point and so on ....

I have been subject to a phrase that said "It is obvious that you have many problems" by a person who is in no way qualified to make such a diagnosis. It was quickly deleted by the mods and she got away with it. I would like such actions not to fly under radar due to personal relationships.

If there is a quantifiable consequence system, maybe some of the nilly-willy "I am better than thou" drama would stop.

Just my 2 cents.

I would like to see a consequence system in place.

Since you mentioned it.... we actually rolled out a system like this about a month ago, we've just been lacking on the public announcement with everything that's been going on with auctions. If you ever see a post/thread that you feel needs review, hit the report button on the bottom of the post, and it shoots a message straight to my cell phone. Scary, eh? Grim on demand....

I'm a brand new member - At the time this thread was started, I had never even heard of Disney pin trading - but I really like this idea. I'm sure that running this forum is no easy task, and I'd be happy to give a little back, especially considering how much time I spend on here these days.... And I bet that becoming a member would be a surefire way to let others that you are serious about pin trading, and its more than just a lark for you. (That way, people would be more likely to agree to trade requests.)

I also really like the idea of including a special pin, lanyard, or other gift with your first membership, but I understand if that would be too hard to do, starting out. However, I'm sure it would draw in a lot more members, thereby making more money for the forum.

If you ever see a post/thread that you feel needs review, hit the report button on the bottom of the post, and it shoots a message straight to my cell phone. Scary, eh? Grim on demand....

Luv ya Grim :) If only I wished for something else :lol:

I will be a good girl and wait patiently for the public announcement then. Thanks!!

I do not mind helping out. The only thing I would REALLY like to see is bigger PM capabilities. I am forever deleting things I would rather not be. At least a bigger storage area?

As long as it doesn't become exclusive, I like this idea. Especially the more stuff for avatars and signatures.

I like all the added features, but not the exclusive forum section. What if people are selling and trading in that section, and if you're not a gold member because you can't pay, then you wont't be able to sell and trade. And with the photo dumping problem, you should lock uploading photos from new members until they have like 50 posts or something

Back