• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DPF's First Pin Giveaway of the New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPF's First Pin Giveaway of the New Year!
I'd like to sell or trade at least 3/4 of my trade pins so I'm down to just a few favorites. And I'd love to get some of the impossible older pins I've been looking for for several years, especially the framed sets I keep saving empty wall space for! :eek2:

My New Years Resolution was to figure out how to add a picture to my avatar, and add my Holy Grail pins to my signature. With my wifes help I was able to pull it off. After almost 5 years of pin trading, I finally have pictures on my posts!!!!

Goal 1 Get my “keepers†out of the box they are in and framed in the frames already here!
Goal 2 Get 8 of the groups of pins collected, finished, and framed.
Goal 3 Stick to my buying budget!
Just my top 3

Happy New Year to you all

My pin resolution for 2011 is to organise my collection by reorganising my pin bags and to hopefully get my want list below 50 pins!!! quite a task.

I checked my Resolutions from last year on DizPins. One of them was to find a focus in my collecting. So far I've managed to focus on... Disney pins. So, that's still a work in progress and I need to come up with new resolutions.

1. I will add new arrivals to my Owns/Trades/spreadsheets immediately (yeah, right...)
2. I will not frustrate my better half by leaving pins/packaging material strewn all about (yeah, right...)
3. I will not develop Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by clicking pins in my Wants (yeah, right...)
4. I will be less cynical...

Hiya Everyone
Happy 2011 may we all achieve getting lots more pins on our wanted lists(and not add too many) :)

My resolution for this year is that i will try and get at least 2pins at any meet/trading event i attend as since starting to collect pins we have attended quite a few meets in the UK and organised 2(another will be held this year) but i always get way more pins for family and pin trading buddies than i do for myself and although the feeling of helping someone else out is great i also want to get back from meets with at least a couple of pins for my collection...its a bit of a selfish one i will also continue to keep trying to track pins down for others and hopefully by having a trading board in our shop and by continuing to organise a meet at least once a year i can share my/our love of pins with lots more ppl esp families :)

Sam

My resolution is to trade more and buy less! (unless it fits into my main collection, that is ;) )

My New Year's resolution is to achieve complete sets of the 2011 Hidden Mickey series by trading across the pond & visiting the parks in April, August & October.

Also to make more DPF friends & help the Forum in any way possible!

My resolution would be to buy more pins this year. There are so many that I actually want that it's becoming a game to get them in a timely manner!

Happy New Year! My New Year's resolution is to get several of my very favorite sets of pins framed, so to really enjoy them. Also, I would like to get to DL a little more often to trade. :wavey:

My resolution is to keep within my budget this year and in order to do that I need to minimize the purchasing of pins for trading purposes and to actually trade them.

And to have more DPF friends than my wife has facebook friends

Last edited:
I have a few resolutions. One would be to stick to buying/trading for Stitch pins and no other pins, It's easy to get distracted!! :p Also, I want to meet more Uk traders in person I have met 2 so far and have got about 10-15 people that I must meet in person cause you're all just wonderful to talk to! And lastly, I'd like to finally get my pin designs sent away to the DLRP Pin Design Team and hopefully get them made into real pins, hopefully.........

Not a lot to ask for this year!

Great pin!

Resolution: Our resolution (my g/f and I) is to finish the 2007-2008 hidden mickey sets by the end of this year. As we finished 2009 and 2010 last year! :)

My New Years Resolution to break (because we all break at least one) is to spend less money on pins this year.

Ok now that that's out of the way my resolutions to keep are to trade more online and at the parks, to work on my new corkboard-which I just got some great inspiration for that in the Pin Showroom, to put my traders in my cute new DSF pin bag my boyfriend got me for Christmas (along with an $88 parking ticket-whoops!) to organize my pins so when I get a trade request I want to do I know if I still have that pin & where it is, then to actually update my lists when I do trade, and to work on getting the dressing room door set this year.

Good luck to everyone on thier resolutions & pin quests in 2011!

I like most others also would like to focus a bit more on pins I actually want to keep for my collection (but we all have friends that we also trade for things that will go in their collections so it will be tough). But one thing that I can actually do and stick to would be to keep a better handle on my PinPics catalog so it isn't so wacky!!!!

my pin resolutions this year are:

1) Focus my collection a bit more
2) Trade more, buy less
3) Make pin trading about FUN, not MONETARY VALUE =)

I like snazzybowtie's idea! Create a pin budget and stick to it! ::laughs:: What I'd love to do is get all of the pins in my most wanted w/o spending over $30 for any one pin. So far, so good!

hmmm I think my new years pin resolution will be to make for pin friends :) and try not to go too pin crazy on ebay...its soooo hard! I get into these phases where I just cant stop! lol

Our 2011 New Year's resolutions would be .....

✦ Complete a full inventory of my husband's NBC and HM pins including entering them all into Pinpics.
✦ Attend more pin trading events.
✦ Frame more of our favorite pin sets.

Happy New Year to all!

Resolution #1...introduce more kids/families to pin trading while waiting in ride lines...give more trader pins away to help start them up...we always do it at least 1x a trip...we'll increase that

#2 attend more pin trading nights...we live 4 hours north of dland

#3 go through collection and only keep the ones that I truely enjoy and trade the rest to get the ones that I REALLY want

I resolve to take better care of my pins. I have quite a few in my personal collection just lying around. Time to polish them up and frame them! :D

Good luck to everyone who has entered so far. Remember, the contest ends Saturday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back