• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DS Worldwide 14th November: Frozen Jumbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS Worldwide 14th November: Frozen Jumbo
Hi everyone,
It is my first time buying a pin from the DS website itself. I managed to get the pin at 8.13. I got an order confirmation email and I was just so happy to get it, but now after reading that DS can still cancel my order, I got really down :(
I hope I'll still be getting it, Frozen is my main collection now xD

Oh no. I didn't get the pin. so hoping to get it as a present for someone. I was checking all the site around release time but still sold out before I even was able to find it on a page. It even was 1 per Household. But congratulations to the ones who were able to get it, it really is a beautiful pin.

I just hope they all went to collectors and not scalpers ^_^ cause it is a lovely pin <3

So, as a test, I went to see if I could buy this pin on the UK site (no, I couldn't). As soon as Steve posted the links at 12:05 a.m. Pacific Time, off I went to click on the UK link and it let me add it to the cart. I tried to check-out but, of course, could not (card was declined for not being a UK one I suppose). But I was hanging around that site for at least 5 minutes (I sent the link to a friend at 12:11 a.m. Pacific Time). When it wouldn't let me complete check-out, I went back to the link and it STILL let me add it to the bag, at least until about 12:15 a.m. Pacific Time.

So, maybe different servers?

what links? where were they posted? i missed those!

Perhaps keep trying? I have been trying to add it to my bag and at one point it let me but then it became unavailable again. Then just a few minutes ago I was able to actually place an order and I just got an email confirmation. I'm so confused! :sad:

I will keep trying :)!! What browser do you use? xx

Perhaps keep trying? I have been trying to add it to my bag and at one point it let me but then it became unavailable again. Then just a few minutes ago I was able to actually place an order and I just got an email confirmation. I'm so confused! :sad:

I really hope for you you get your pin ! but I called the DS like a half hour ago and they told me it was sold out completely. fingers crossed for ya !

Well I tried, the second it appeared. Couldn't add to bag when I finally got it in my bag, I went to pay and it got thrown out of my bag :( I believe the whole of Europe has less than 150.

Well I tried, the second it appeared. Couldn't add to bag when I finally got it in my bag, I went to pay and it got thrown out of my bag :( I believe the whole of Europe has less than 150.

When it appeared for me the page was so slow in loading and then it wouldnt let me add to bag :(

no your not more likely to get it but with the rapunzel release orders where getting cancelled even after confirmation emails where sent, so I'm just trying cut the anxiety time in half but getting it quicker and either knowing or not knowing if I got it xD

Ah, OK. My order went through at 08:08 so hopefully I was in early enough. I missed the Rapunzel pin completely, couldn't even add to my basket :(

Guys it really isnt a mess up, this is exactly the same as it is on the US website. As much as I hate to say it you cannot really blame the site, it is just that there were other people who are faster and are able to get to the page much faster. This is the same case for the US as well, anyway there is the possibility of double orders going through so the Disney Store UK may cancel some orders which means that the pins may pop up again. So just keep an eye on the site.

I wouldnt recommend emailing the Disney Store UK for 2 reasons:
1) It takes them about a month to respond.
2) They dont read the email, they assume they know what it says and respond based on that rather than actually reading your email and responding appropriately.
You can give it a shot but there really isnt anything they will do out of it.

How can someone else be faster, when you are pressing f5 for 15 minutes, and someone managed to buy it before 8.01 (if conformation mail comes at 8.01, it means you got it long before that time), and it didn't show for others untill 8.08 while pressing f5 the entire time.

How can someone else be faster, when you are pressing f5 for 15 minutes, and someone managed to buy it before 8.01 (if conformation mail comes at 8.01, it means you got it long before that time), and it didn't show for others untill 8.08 while pressing f5 the entire time.

It doesn't mean that you got it long before, the time shown is the time you clicked checkout first, I sometimes take 10 minutes to fill address and everything in and my confirmation email shows me a much earlier time.

For me it is a big difference on chrome and explorer. It showed earlier on explorer while chrome was just spinning mickey head for ever until it came up.
then it also matters how fast your wifi is. There are so many factors to make the buying and checkout quicker. And the link posted here earlier showed the pin earlier than the pin section so I got mine through the link.

For me it is a big difference on chrome and explorer. It showed earlier on explorer while chrome was just spinning mickey head for ever until it came up.
then it also matters how fast your wifi is. There are so many factors to make the buying and checkout quicker. And the link posted here earlier showed the pin earlier than the pin section so I got mine through the link.

I also find that sometimes pins pop up on the New Arrivals page before the pin page so it's worth having both open and refreshing. I did go via a direct link for this one though, had issues with spinning Mickey heads whilst refreshing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back