• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF July!! FINALLY Updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSF July!! FINALLY Updated!
Come on guys, isn't it obvious that there's going to be 3 surprise releases on the 27th? The marquee puzzle doesn't have a border at the bottom, which means to me 3 more pins to complete it. I'm thinking Ratatouille, Planes and Lion King. Otherwise, there are enough sequels to do a row. Or maybe they'll admit Wreck it Ralph is Pixar.

Interesting about the border... The red lines on the far right and left end with the appropriate shape/design, so unless the artwork on the flyer is deliberately inaccurate, they wouldn't be able to add more to the bottom (but, as you point out, it's missing the usual double-yellow line).

Or, they could add a row of something in the middle. It's a straight cut through the middle of the marquee, so they could add something there... Either 3 more movies (with at least Remy, and maybe one or two of the sequels?), or maybe a logo. One thing I notice is the words 'Disney' and 'Pixar' are completely missing from this pin design, and the Pixar marquees have always had both... I think there will be a surprise addition to this puzzle pin that will, in some way, include Ratatouille as well as the Disney/Pixar logos. Although that will give the pin an odd proportion compared to most normal Marquees, but I don't think that would stop them...

Lets talk about those ribbons on Monsters Inc. and Toy Story. At first I thought they put a blue ribbon on all the movies they had more than one of but Cars does not have it.? What do you think??

The blue ribbons are part of the El Capitan sign, and present on every marquee pin. The area they are in is usually part of the black background of the upper marquee, but in this case they seem to have included it in the white part of the sign (almost looks like a mistake, actually...). But they don't mean anything, just part of the sign.

Rik

Last edited:
I was excited about going to the release, but now I can't because plans got rearranged and now I'm going to Disneyland on Saturday.

I just wanted the Brave part of the marquee pin. Hopefully I'll be able to buy it at a reasonable price.

I think it will be a long slender surprise pin across the bottom with the Rat....

I still think it will be in the middle with a Disney/Pixar logo, maybe being held by Ratatouille...

Seems kind of silly though for the surprise to be part of the puzzle... But the studio logos and Rat are suspiciously missing from the other nine pins...

The event starts at 6:30 am... Do they usually start the wristband mayhem an hour early or so? I'm gonna hate getting up that early... :)

I still think it will be in the middle with a Disney/Pixar logo, maybe being held by Ratatouille...

Seems kind of silly though for the surprise to be part of the puzzle... But the studio logos and Rat are suspiciously missing from the other nine pins...

The event starts at 6:30 am... Do they usually start the wristband mayhem an hour early or so? I'm gonna hate getting up that early... :)

They finally put the time at 6:30 a.m.?!

I was wondering since a lot of you think a surprise pin will be released that will fit into the marquee puzzle, wouldn't that make the release one per person to go along with the surprise pin that are usually one per person? Or have they already posted one per person that I missed somewhere?

I was wondering since a lot of you think a surprise pin will be released that will fit into the marquee puzzle, wouldn't that make the release one per person to go along with the surprise pin that are usually one per person? Or have they already posted one per person that I missed somewhere?
I truly hope it is one per person. Why oh why would you make this special marquee LE300 when you know marquee's are popular and you've been making newer marquees 500. God help us if they try to pull some crap like you only get to buy 3 pieces or something. I'm sure they won't try that, there would be a riot. I would have loved if they instead did mystery boxes with 2 pieces each and had 12 pieces LE500 or higher even. Make it like 8 boxes per person, that would satisfy 375 people with 16 pins each for a 12 pin set and would have encouraged trading.

My guess is it will be set 1 per person, 1 PTE Russell per person, and 1 of each surprise pin per person, it's gonna be $88+ just for the marquee set, add the PTE and surprise pins and that's over $120. I don't know that many traders willing to plop down $120 for pins they intend to keep so I think there will be a ton of these hitting the market. I'm interested to see the individual piece prices as opposed to the whole.

*rant warning* With 1 per person people are forced to offload some of the pins, not everyone can afford to keep such pricey pins. In the old days, it would have been 2 sets per person, so you spend $240 for both but then the extra set would have been sold for close to $200+, lets say, so you'd only be out like $40 for the set you were keeping. The new world of 1 per (PTD's included) make it harder to keep acquiring pins for your collection. I wish that would mean people would just come for pins they want for themselves but they want to come and flip for money so they can buy the 1per item they want to keep later on (or whatever else they have been wanting lately.) 1PP PTD is two faced. I like that I have a better shot at getting it, but now my price of gas, parking, etc all goes on 1 pin unless I can drag my wife which doesn't happen if it's a weekday. So now I have to drive 2+ hours in LA traffic and pay $2 for parking for 1 little pin which retails for $13 with tax. DSF has basically made it cheaper for me to just buy a new less popular PTD off eBay for $20-$25 because that is cheaper than the gas, parking, and PTD price I'd pay if I went myself. I only go now for popular characters that I know will be $35+ on eBay or if it's a weekend and traffic is light or I can talk my wife into going. Why not up edition sizes and keep it 2 per person, that is how it was intended throughout ALL pin trading. Limit 2, they even make pins that say "Limit 2 LE" to be funny. It's in the rules of pin trading too. Only very special pins were ever 1 per, not every release you do. LE400 isn't gonna cut it, stop wussing out and make LE500 as your normal edition size, at a minimum. The DSF name alone will keep it valuable enough to keep the crowds coming. LE400 is someone afraid to order too much, but hello, your racks are completely dead with only OE and Fairy pins no one wants. A little extra will sell out quick and give tourists a reason to come. LE500's would probably sell out most of the time as long as you make decent pins. No more stupid trains, no more fairies, no more terrible designs. If you keep making Rapunzels, Ariels, Vanellope's etc you'll sell out, don't you worry. *rant over*

All that said, I hope this is 1 per person so I can get a shot at obtaining a set for my own collection. If I don't get selected I don't think I'll buy this one on eBay. It will probably be the final straw that broke my marquee collectings back.

Last edited:
According to employees at DSF, the rules for Saturdaty's release should be posted sometime this afternoon. Possibly around 6pm.

...er, nevermind, rules posted!

Last edited:
58127_545221615525572_1507001595_n.jpg

Maybe I just haven't been keeping up with the rules, but is it normal for DSF to start handing out wristbands at 5am o_O I always thought it was closer to 8...5...wow that's early.

The pin trading event starts at 6:30AM, so the earlier start time requires earlier wristband distribution. If this was a normal opening time, the distribution would be later.

The pin trading event starts at 6:30AM, so the earlier start time requires earlier wristband distribution. If this was a normal opening time, the distribution would be later.

Oh okay, that's good news. I mean, I would wake up at 4 if I really wanted the pin release, it was just a bit of a shocker to see it be so early ^_^ I understand though if they have a pin trading event.

Do you think everyone will want to buy the whole set? I can see the Brave and Up pieces being popular and maybe the Wall E. personally I just want the bug's life piece for my Heimlich collection.

Can't wait! We will be there bright and earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrly! Almost feel like wearing name tags so we can meet more people...I think this is our first release since joining the forums.

Can't wait! We will be there bright and earrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrly! Almost feel like wearing name tags so we can meet more people...I think this is our first release since joining the forums.
That actually would not be a bad Idea. I would like to meet more people who go to DSF and are DPF members. Like most I will also be there as well Bright and early!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back