• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

DSF Line UPDATE! 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im calm, im calm! whew! back in my happy place, waiting for the next exciting campout, i'll be better preparred for the next line.

rapunzel-dancing-from-tangled_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

This is what I took away from the campout:
You must stay in line the entire time yourself. No line swapping.
You may leave the line for these reaons only: To use the restroom or to go eat or go to the car to pick up sleeping supplies or put them away. And then you may be gone for up to 1 hour only.
You may NOT save a place in line for anyone except for the 1 hour exception above. If they are not there, they must join the end of the line when they arrive.
You must arrive back before the specified time. Give yourself lots of time for traffic or any other unforeseen problems.

If I missed anything, please add.

Sherry4pins

That's about it. I think they could very well repost what MarkHeardJr reposted from the 2012 release:

We have listened to and read every comment, and have decided to revise the rules a bit for the pin release Saturday. Thank you for you patience everyone! Please share the new rules with all your pin trading friends!

NEW PIN RULES (2.2.12)
UP PIN RELEASE "UP"DATE: In order to ensure everyone has an opportunity to purchase the new releases on Sat. Feb. 4th, we will be implementing new procedures.... Please help us out, and share the information with all your pin trading friends.
1. Pin Traders may begin to line up Friday at 11:00 PM.
2. Saving spots in line will not be allowed, and security will be onsite to enforce.
3. No cutting.
4. No "in and outs" of line, except for bathroom use.
5. Vouchers will be handed out at 9:00am.
6. Once you have received the voucher you may no longer leave the line.
7. All pin traders must be present with their vouchers at time of purchase.
8. Cast Member discounts will only be valid for the cast member's allotted set.
9. Pin Trader Delights will be limited to two (2) per person per day. Phone orders will no longer be available for Pin Trader Delight Sundaes.

And it should be mostly good to go.

I'd suggest the line up time be flexible or imply that security will be onsite at said time. Enforcing no line ups will be difficult without ending up with a line rush.

I'd also suggest ditching the wristbands or not distributing the wristbands the day prior to the release. The idea of wristbands was good, but it's not working out so well with the distribution time being a day earlier than the actual release.

Put some of the line order onus on the pin traders. DSF can't be everywhere at once and a little self policing should be fairly easy, as most people are pretty cool about line conduct. If there's a problem, that would be the time to get security involved.

I still think they could bump up edition sizes too and be ok with sales and values not being affected all that much. Just do what others have suggested and bump the LE counts on the really popular characters to either 500 or 750. The not so popular characters can remain at 300 and be fine, in my opinion.

Yes... Oh please YES! :D Second this notion 100% A Ralph PTD would be funny too with him breaking the sundae glass and having an exasperated look on his face :lol:

I know, any of the Sugar Rush cast with ice cream or sweets is destined to be! I was shocked they didn't make a Chocolate Box pin of a certain couple from the film, but I've already covered that topic either in this thread or a different one lol xD

**ponders the meaning of this thread since the topic is totally gone**

Whatever you're pondering...the answer is 42 lol but in all seriousness, now that the DSF release is over, this thread really has no purpose along what it was intended for ^_^ Keep it up for a fun chat I think and as long as it doesn't get tense again in the slightest, let it be free..all it wants is adventure in the great wide somewhere (forum), it wants it more than it can tell...and for once it might be grand, to have someone...understand, it wants so much more then they've got planned (to close it).

tumblr_m5kioqDhuy1qeeznho1_500.gif

And to get off the soapbox in regards to children that attend. Whether the kids are collectors of a specific character or some bring them along too resell, would you rather the parents leave them home alone! I'm sure that since the parents are there camping out, they are not going to let anything or anyone harm them. As a parent & grand parent, I'd lay down my life before letting anything or anyone harm either one of them.
Off my soapbox now,
So how many Daisy PTD's are left, perhaps Kevin will be next.

And to get off the soapbox in regards to children that attend. Whether the kids are collectors of a specific character or some bring them along too resell, would you rather the parents leave them home alone! I'm sure that since the parents are there camping out, they are not going to let anything or anyone harm them. As a parent & grand parent, I'd lay down my life before letting anything or anyone harm either one of them.
Off my soapbox now,
So how many Daisy PTD's are left, perhaps Kevin will be next.

You want one of those? you know I might be able to help ya! I just need to get over there before before they sell out, Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back