• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Formally Introducing Ourselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formally Introducing Ourselves

Zagales14

Duke Alex, Master Zapper
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Hi there, everyone!

About a year ago, my wife and I went to Epcot at WDW and we encountered a little boy who was trading a pin with a cast member we were trying to buy water from. After engaging the cast member in what I will call conversation, but she would call interrogation, I learned about pin trading and how huge a hobby it could be. Instantly my wife and I rushed to the pin trading cart in Epcot and purchased a starter set (The main Disney characters as pirates), an album, a couple of mystery pins, and got started trading. Never could we have imagined what we started that day.

The learning curve was initially slow, since having only 15 or so pins doesn't lead to much trading, particularly when you bought pins you liked and don't want to get rid of them. Roughly one year later, we have a pretty decent sized collection (and growing), have accurately found and updated our pin pics, and often add to our wants list. We have begun to establish a reference list (and e-met some great pin traders), and we are now joining the DPF Forums.

Anyhow, we're looking forward to getting to know the great people that make this hobby such a wonderful one to be a part of.

We'll catch you guys around the forum!!

- Alex and Bruna

Welcome to the gang! :D I didn't believe how addicting it was either until i got started! I have not once regretted it! XD my mom and dads wallet say other wise lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back