• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Completed Game: FREE! Robin Hood Loungefly LE 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

You still have until 12 Midnight EST tomorrow to get in those entries and remember the beautiful Robin Hood pin is...

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Even if you only have a side collection of Robin Hood, which my wife defines as 10 pins, you should enter. Why?

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

If you don't want me to keep adding gifs, then enter this contest. I'm expecting the pin to be delivered today so I'll post later with actual pin that you will receive. Thanks everyone!!

Here I am! Back! So wanting to enter this game! (The pin would be amazing for my collection, but I've also never gotten to share my RH collection on here before!) Worked the past five days on getting these pictures! I am so excited! I've never posted my Robin Hood collection before!

Like Sis has Nanea and her Hawaiian pin collection . . . My special doll is a boy doll named Harold (named for our GGGUncle who was in the USAAF in WWII and my personal hero). Harold (the doll) loves two things in particular - anything Air Force and anything Robin Hood! I made him his own Robin Hood hat, and he has a costume and has made a Boy (doll) club called The Merrymen Club. He really loves the 1950s Robin Hood TV series and his favorite episode is probably An Apple for the Archer.

So . . . he has a Robin Hood collection. <3 His collection is in VHS clamshell cases, and each one has the cover insert of the RH movies he loves (plus one that is coming).

He's had his cases for ages, but Sis hadn't made the inserts for the three non-VHS titles, so we did them over the past days.

Here is Harold with his cases:

20200720084007-0c96fe9f-me.jpg

20200720084015-6bedb9fe-me.jpg

He loves nothing better than to rearrange or add to his collection:

20200720084011-2cb49293-me.jpg

Here are his cases - Two Disney animated RH cases (both different cover art), the live-action Disney RH with Richard Todd, the 1950s RH complete series, and the 1938 Errol Flynn movie. There is a sixth case coming, which is at the bottom, and it is a smaller case and is his favorite RH computer game. However, in the process of making that one, as I just got the case! So, the pins aren't pinned in yet and the cover isn't finished. ;)

20200720084019-2f676f19.jpg

Here are the cases open, showing his collection:

20200720084023-0014b98b.jpg

Here are close-ups, showing the pins. These are the two Animated RH cases. The case with just Robin on it, has his plain Robin pins and the must-sought RH HM coin pins (which is his first Friar Tuck pin and one of his prizes!). The Anniversary pin in the top right of the left case is one of my favorites. :) The green case (with the cover art showing multiple characters) has his pins that are all the non-Robin animated characters.

20200720084027-c4233161-me.jpg

His Live-Action Disney RH has all feather caps, Lincoln Green outfits and . . . his Modern Merryman (Hawkeye). He loves anything archery (because of RH) and Hawkeye is his special modern Merry Man.

His 50s TV show case has his Maid Marian pins, as the TV show has his favorite Maid Marians. You may think those are Merida pins, but the "M" stands for Marian and the "MM" stands for Maid Marian!

His Errol Flynn movie case has his Coat of Arms pins and human merrymen and crusaders . . . and his Errol Flynn Tsum Tsum (really worked that Flynn looks just like Errol!), and his pin of Duncan of Stonykirk (if you've watched the 50s TV show, you'll have seen Duncan, who is one of Harold's favorite characters!).

20200720084031-78b5183c-me.jpg

His new cases is housing his Sherwood Forest animals collection . . . the King's deer and other woodland creatures:

20200720084036-29ea1aaf-me.jpg

Thanks to the wonderful SS box, there is another Modern Merryman pin coming to his case! Some of Harold's most-wanted additions are the Merida Name Badge, the 2016 SDCC Hawkeye pin, and the PTN Robin and Marian. :) He's also always looking for the rest of the HM coins and a colour Friar Tuck pin and King Richard.

This collection is one of my favorites, as it is really fun to have the cases and to think "outside the box". ;)

Here is a really swell RH gif:

giphy.gif

As to a story about someone helping get a very special pin . . . the first time I got an LE pin was a really amazing time, as I really wanted the new Kevin UP 10th Anniversary pin of Kevin with her babies, and peachyshades on PinPics actually traded with @TheMickeyMouseRules to get the Kevin pin for me as a surprise! So, I've always been really partial to that pin because of the story, let alone the amazing KEvin design! -grin-

mX3NRD.gif

ARE YOU READYYYYYY
4mJQ.gif

To see my Robin Hood collection?

tumblr_mysx8zYJGT1s7bqyto2_250.gif

I recently moved, but made the effort to get out all my Robin Hood pins, just so I could take some updated pix for you guys!

x1gojDe.gif

Tada!

9e39bcc72fa3a90316b48e978ecb9be7.jpg

b9a9379679dcc7c1cb53132030ba36ec.jpg

02dedc4b532da9a516299af3771bbb1b.jpg

5066bfd2a0f18fac0979bfb58ba4070f.jpg

6a4b920d76a400e5e9a27b2b926bcabd.jpg

(This shouldn’t even be called a pin, it’s more of a dinner plate :p )
d44e7f3c2427643e6b4bb6aa1224ba45.jpg

The PODMs are Fantasy, but I got some gorgeous scenes
48870525a2673df73d6e16b7e70270ad.jpg

82645509931ff0131a0d10a0d0ea7c4c.jpg

By my last count I need less than 20 official Robin Hood pins!! (PS I need two of the wedding ones from the online DSSH release if anyone is trading those)
I think the two members who would come close to my collection are gonna be @timeerkat and @goofyfordonald, but I know Tessa doesn't collect fantasy pins.

I just can't get enough of that fox
tenor.gif

Last edited:
Despite all of my fantastic gif usage in my show off post, I have to say this one is always one of my favorites:
giphy.gif

That sugar bowl just always cracks me up!

This last Christmas @Kiragigi and I helped each other get some grails! I had a Disney Auctions Aristocats pin which was one of her sister's grails. I was not wanting to trade it unless I could get one of my grails (I was the original owner of the pin, bought it from DA myself, and it was a pin I still enjoyed even if I don't actively collect Aristocats anymore), and so she asked what some of my grails would be. I threw out the WDI Nick profile as one of the options, and a couple weeks later she messaged me that she had gotten the Nick profile! So I happily made the trade!

51823670304c43a86fdf37a58329c31f.jpg

He really rounds out my VERY FOXY display on my Pinfolio bag, don't you think? (Also a few more RH from the collection are over here :3 )

mX3NRD.gif

ARE YOU READYYYYYY
4mJQ.gif

I recently moved, but made the effort to get out all my Robin Hood pins, just so I could take some updated pix for you guys!

x1gojDe.gif

Tada!

By my last count I need less than 20 official Robin Hood pins!! (PS I need two of the wedding ones from the online DSSH release if anyone is trading those)
I think the two members who would come close to my collection are gonna be @timeerkat and @goofyfordonald, but I know Tessa doesn't collect fantasy pins.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Okay my turn my turn!

Woof, these RH collections are super impressive! And I was feeling pretty good about mine. Hahah!

Anywho! Here's my collection! I tell myself I really just collect Prince John (only 2 or 3 away from complete!), but as you can see... Well... Hard to not collect that fox.

96cbc516c8aaa60f736d3cb99ba9fe38.jpg

So many people have helped with this particular collection, many of them collecting Robin Hood as well! At times I was afraid their generosity was robbing Peter to pay Paul, but then I realized they're just good folks. @timeerkat has been an invaluable ally in my RH collection quest! Always having an ear to the ground for me especially for those Cali releases.

It seems like DSF/DSSH is all

bc52178149b3785eee887157364625c0.gif

1aa9f968ff7f7f02413c7a659702c507.gif

when it comes to Robin Hood pins, but she's had my back on NUMBEROUS releases.

One of my first trades ever with @AvatarAng1 was for the DSF Prince John stained glass frame, which is now so heavily scrapped, I'm very thankful for that trade (which was well in my favor to begin with, basically a zap...). @docfish2u traded me the INCREDIBLY HARD TO FIND Wedding Carriage pin for a song, just another day for our illustrious Grail Slayer! And one of my earliest trades ever was for one of my all time favorite pins, the PJ Sock Puppet show, which @Xanaduhaz traded me <3

The kindness of this forum knows no bounds, and it glows in all of my collections, but this one especially. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

mX3NRD.gif

ARE YOU READYYYYYY
4mJQ.gif

x1gojDe.gif

Tada!

tenor.gif

Jeez Vanessa, that is one impressive collection!
giphy.gif

I’m struggling to even figure out what you are missing. The 3 low LE framed pins maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez Vanessa, that is one impressive collection!
giphy.gif

I’m struggling to even figure out what you are missing. The 3 low LE framed pins maybe?

Yeah mostly! Also need last years D23 villain, the wedding DSSH, and I didn’t get the small pin from Pulse gallery cuz I bought the jumbo lol

Okay my turn my turn!

Woof, these RH collections are super impressive! And I was feeling pretty good about mine. Hahah!

Anywho! Here's my collection! I tell myself I really just collect Prince John (only 2 or 3 away from complete!), but as you can see... Well... Hard to not collect that fox.

96cbc516c8aaa60f736d3cb99ba9fe38.jpg

So many people have helped with this particular collection, many of them collecting Robin Hood as well! At times I was afraid their generosity was robbing Peter to pay Paul, but then I realized they're just good folks. @timeerkat has been an invaluable ally in my RH collection quest! Always having an ear to the ground for me especially for those Cali releases.

It seems like DSF/DSSH is all

bc52178149b3785eee887157364625c0.gif

1aa9f968ff7f7f02413c7a659702c507.gif

when it comes to Robin Hood pins, but she's had my back on NUMBEROUS releases.

One of my first trades ever with @AvatarAng1 was for the DSF Prince John stained glass frame, which is now so heavily scrapped, I'm very thankful for that trade (which was well in my favor to begin with, basically a zap...). @docfish2u traded me the INCREDIBLY HARD TO FIND Wedding Carriage pin for a song, just another day for our illustrious Grail Slayer! And one of my earliest trades ever was for one of my all time favorite pins, the PJ Sock Puppet show, which @Xanaduhaz traded me <3

The kindness of this forum knows no bounds, and it glows in all of my collections, but this one especially. :3

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I don’t think I’ve been able to help you get any Robin Hood’s, but I sure know you’ve had my back a few times!
giphy.gif

HA at least I didn't forget to do this today! My brains are scrambled so forgive me, but here's my tiny Robin Hood collection! Very tiny because I'm very broke.

86195f641f03639ffd8d8f2e14887e3d0ba8365f.jpg

Little John is my favourite but I love the whole movie, I think it's charming.

acfa15aa1b6298dd6c982352802fa09d.gif

Does it have to be someone on this forum? Because my best story is from last year's Epcot pin event. First year, spent the whole time collecting hard to get pins from great people, right? Super fun and couldn't get better, right? Well on the way out, I happened to spot a trader who was making a last minute trade with someone, and saw some beautiful Paris Oswalds in their bag from the FanDaze pin event. I waited nearby till the two had finished, then went over and asked if they could take a look at my bag for one of the Oswalds. I knew it was a longshot because they were low LE and I'd been pretty picked clean, but I said I'd be willing to trade multiples for one. We started chatting a bit as she flipped through my bag, and she asked me about collecting Oswald. I talked to her about why I loved him and we had a great conversation! Eventually we finished, and she pointed out three different pins. They weren't super rare or anything and I was always delighted to get difficult Oswalds, so I said absolutely, which one were you wanting to trade for them? This gal took out all three of the FanDaze pins she had, and handed them to me. I was like wait what-- She explained to me how she'd honestly just be happy for them to go to a home where they'd be appreciated and how she liked the pins she'd picked out from me. I tried to offer her more pins for them, but she refused, thanked me for the trade, and we parted ways. I could've cried. It was one of the most generous ways I've been treated in my entire pin collecting history, and she had no reason to do it. We'd never spoken before and I haven't seen her since. I still don't even recall her name or if we exchanged them at all. It was one of the sweetest things and it left me beaming about the event for weeks. I still smile every time I look at my Oswald board and see those three pins taking front and center.

Eta: please whack me with a stick if you specifically meant robin hood grails I don't know what I'm doing anymore oh god.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back