• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Giving feedback

Ok, here are my thoughts.

1. I don't see a problem linking it to a thread. I did that in all my feedback even prior to the change. However, I do prefer it give me the opportunity to identify the thread with the URL, rather than selecting it from a certain list.
2. If the transaction is being done all in PMs and not in response to a trade thread - so you're using DPF only as a means of communication via PM - why not take it to email? Or if the transaction goes awry, are you planning on contacting DPF admin/mods/correspondents to fix it when the transaction didn't originate out of a thread?

2. If the transaction is being done all in PMs and not in response to a trade thread - so you're using DPF only as a means of communication via PM - why not take it to email? Or if the transaction goes awry, are you planning on contacting DPF admin/mods/correspondents to fix it when the transaction didn't originate out of a thread?

Remember, back in the day when we had links to our Pinpics Wants / Trades under our usernames? Most of my trades made here back then, originated from that and not a specific thread. So I can see how that is still a popular option. You see someone's Signature links and find out you have matches. No thread required. But, IMO a valid use of the forum.

However, I can see a possible concern that since there is no other feedback system right now since Pinpics is taking their sweet time incorporating the Dizpins feedback into whatever there doing, that people will start telling traders about using DPF as a feedback system. So trades are arranged on Facebook or elsewhere would come here. And DPF shouldn't have any responsibility for those trades gone awry.

I think perhaps some middle ground could be reached with a new "Post your Pinpics / Instagram Name" thread within the Marketplace, so it would be subject to the minimum posting requirements (assuming the 30 posts, # of days requirements are still in effect).

Remember, back in the day when we had links to our Pinpics Wants / Trades under our usernames? Most of my trades made here back then, originated from that and not a specific thread. So I can see how that is still a popular option. You see someone's Signature links and find out you have matches. No thread required. But, IMO a valid use of the forum.

However, I can see a possible concern that since there is no other feedback system right now since Pinpics is taking their sweet time incorporating the Dizpins feedback into whatever there doing, that people will start telling traders about using DPF as a feedback system. So trades are arranged on Facebook or elsewhere would come here. And DPF shouldn't have any responsibility for those trades gone awry.

I think perhaps some middle ground could be reached with a new "Post your Pinpics / Instagram Name" thread within the Marketplace, so it would be subject to the minimum posting requirements (assuming the 30 posts, # of days requirements are still in effect).

Yup, I remember those days. And then the falling out. And then the other database. And then the lawsuit. And then Pin Trading Database.

But back to the question, I never used it to search for matches unless someone posted a trade thread up.

I'm sure there can be some middle ground reached.

I am still having a problem posting feedback. I went to the marketplace and selected the sale thread that started the communication. I did post in the thread. Under the seller's name I selected the feedback button. A place for feedback appeared. The thread line was filled with the thread's URL. I completed the feedback but an error message appears.
f1f294edcd1652ac8e563cb3afca3f0f.jpg

What should I do? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you use the "Add feedback" link under their rating in the thread for one of their posts?

Gc7ayIW.png

RE: @aleck2008 — It requires them to have posted in the thread; so he can post anything, really, and you should be able to submit feedback for that person in that thread.

I've done as you suggested, and chosen the feedback button, directly within the thread, and am still getting the same error code popping up...

I love the feedback system that we have built into DPF! But honestly, it feels like jumping through hoops to use it right now, and I am still unable to get it to work. It makes me not want to go through the hassle of leaving feedback at all, despite having legitimate feedback to share.

I am still having a problem posting feedback. I went to the marketplace and selected the sale thread that started the communication. I did post in the thread. Under the seller's name I selected the feedback button. A place for feedback appeared. The thread line was filled with the thread's URL. I completed the feedback but an error message appears.
f1f294edcd1652ac8e563cb3afca3f0f.jpg

What should I do? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe there's something preventing it through Tapatalk?

I've completely disabled URL enforcement, so feedback shouldn't have any more issues related to that — I am however, concerned about abusing the feedback system since there isn't any sort of enforcement in place; aside from a restriction of leaving up to 10 feedback every 24 hours.

I don't mind DPF becoming a "feedback resource" for traders — th more the merrier :p so if people want to come here and use it as such, they will have to participate in the forum, as feedback is only available to registered members, AND only to people who are eligible to post in the marketplace. (so, 25 posts, 10 days registered before they can give feedback).

Last edited:
Chiming in here! Hahah! I just tried to leave feedback for someone on my November thread, but I'm getting the same error message as well -- "not from this board". I know this must be super tedious to figure out, but we def appreciate it, Cicada! :)

@Cicada , another wrinkle! As I went through to leave feedback for the November pickups, I got an error message saying I can only leave 10 feedback in 24 hours. While I understand the need to avoid spamming feedback, that's kind of inconvenient for some of us--as I had 32 packages going out this month, so that would take me four days to leave all the feedback. :( Any thoughts on what alternatives we could have? Thanks!

@Cicada , another wrinkle! As I went through to leave feedback for the November pickups, I got an error message saying I can only leave 10 feedback in 24 hours. While I understand the need to avoid spamming feedback, that's kind of inconvenient for some of us--as I had 32 packages going out this month, so that would take me four days to leave all the feedback. :( Any thoughts on what alternatives we could have? Thanks!
I can up the limit; I think 24/day is reasonable.

I have an issue, I posted in the thread related to the sale and just tried to post feedback for the seller and I get this error:

kk6BHWb.png

I also do not get the add feedback link under the other user's avatar.

Any ideas?

I have an issue, I posted in the thread related to the sale and just tried to post feedback for the seller and I get this error:

kk6BHWb.png

I also do not get the add feedback link under the other user's avatar.

Any ideas?

There is a "new member" waiting period. From post #33 above "25 posts, 10 days registered before they can give feedback"

You only registered 8 days ago. Also, permissions are not updated instantaneously, so the moment you are registered for 10 days it won't immediately allow you, and you will have to wait until the permissions are updated on the server. But I imagine that by Monday, you will be able to leave feedback.

There is a "new member" waiting period. From post #33 above "25 posts, 10 days registered before they can give feedback"

You only registered 8 days ago. Also, permissions are not updated instantaneously, so the moment you are registered for 10 days it won't immediately allow you, and you will have to wait until the permissions are updated on the server. But I imagine that by Monday, you will be able to leave feedback.

Thanks but if I'm reading it right that post also seems to indicate I should not have even been able to post in the marketplace in the first place, which I did and made purchases as well, so there seems to be a disconnect between the rules to participate in the marketplace and the rules to post feedback which doesn't make a lot of sense. I understand limiting access to BST sections as many forums do that for new members. Regardless, I'll wait the two days and post the feedback then, no big deal, it just seems like something is not setup right.

Thanks but if I'm reading it right that post also seems to indicate I should not have even been able to post in the marketplace in the first place, which I did and made purchases as well, so there seems to be a disconnect between the rules to participate in the marketplace and the rules to post feedback which doesn't make a lot of sense. I understand limiting access to BST sections as many forums do that for new members. Regardless, I'll wait the two days and post the feedback then, no big deal, it just seems like something is not setup right.

You shouldn't be able to start a NEW thread in the marketplace, but posters have always been able to reply to other people's posts.

Back