• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Gravity Falls at Subway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gravity Falls at Subway!

caebv

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Okay I'm not sure how many of you are overly obsessed with this show like my Mom and I are, but we've been DESPERATELY waiting for (official) merch and other than Hot Topic (YAY Thank God for Hot Topic) have had no luck.

However I just found out that Subway is offering Dipper and Mabel lunch bags at Subway in the Kids Meal, which can usually be purchased separately as well :)

Heres some pictures I found on Tumblr:

tumblr_mqwyv2v0C01rhir21o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mqx24j21D51qzv1fwo1_500.jpg

and there is two other designs I believe!

I was just so excited I had to post this hehe.

That show is so funny! We got the MU bags and the Perry ones they had a few months ago. I have 3 kids so 1 visit usually gets us a whole set of bags. :) Maybe we'll get Subway for dinner tonight...

That show is so funny! We got the MU bags and the Perry ones they had a few months ago. I have 3 kids so 1 visit usually gets us a whole set of bags. :) Maybe we'll get Subway for dinner tonight...

Haha! That's a good cover too. "The kids want them". I'll definitely be going soon as well although it might look a little funny as a 19 year old asking for all of the bags hehe.

And thank you for posting the site I couldn't find it! Apparently I'm technologically challenged.
Now theres even more than I thought aha. :D

AAAAHHHH I need these! So, so much! The Mabel ones are amazing. I wonder if they're doing them in the UK? I tried to get an MU one when they were doing them and the guy in the shop just said (in a slightly disgusted tone of voice) that they were only meant for kids. I shan't be going back to that particular store...

I love Gravity Falls. I've been watching it online, although lamenting the fact the last two episodes aren't up yet. I watched the first 13 in one day, and am now watching them again. Only the other day I was thinking about how sad it is that there aren't any GF pins. I hope that they will do some, there is so much they could do with the characters!

What merch do they do at Hot Topic? I can't buy it, but at least I can drool... *ahem*.... dream over descriptions/pictures of it :p.

AAAAHHHH I need these! So, so much! The Mabel ones are amazing. I wonder if they're doing them in the UK? I tried to get an MU one when they were doing them and the guy in the shop just said (in a slightly disgusted tone of voice) that they were only meant for kids. I shan't be going back to that particular store...

I love Gravity Falls. I've been watching it online, although lamenting the fact the last two episodes aren't up yet. I watched the first 13 in one day, and am now watching them again. Only the other day I was thinking about how sad it is that there aren't any GF pins. I hope that they will do some, there is so much they could do with the characters!

What merch do they do at Hot Topic? I can't buy it, but at least I can drool... *ahem*.... dream over descriptions/pictures of it :p.

Pft how rude of him. Why is it his job to police what people buy! I understand not going to that one again aha.

And I know right! The season finale is today, but in Canada we probably wont get it for a couple of weeks (I don't watch it online so I don't spoil watching it with Mom aha). Every time we go to the parks we ask about GF but they have no idea what we're talking about. I'd have to get every single pin though hehe.

So far at Hot Topic they have 3 shirts:
thumb.php
thumb.php
thumb.php

I also have a pillow that I got from a sketchy booth at Toronto Comic Con - 10000% positive its unofficial though aha. It has Mabel on one side and Dipper on the other. My Mom is holding out for Lil' Gideon merch aha.

Pft how rude of him. Why is it his job to police what people buy! I understand not going to that one again aha.

And I know right! The season finale is today, but in Canada we probably wont get it for a couple of weeks (I don't watch it online so I don't spoil watching it with Mom aha). Every time we go to the parks we ask about GF but they have no idea what we're talking about. I'd have to get every single pin though hehe.

So far at Hot Topic they have 3 shirts:

I also have a pillow that I got from a sketchy booth at Toronto Comic Con - 10000% positive its unofficial though aha. It has Mabel on one side and Dipper on the other. My Mom is holding out for Lil' Gideon merch aha.

I know, right? Just so grumpy of him. I hope they release these in the UK, otherwise I'mma have to be buying them off someone on here!

I can't wait to finally see the last two episodes. I just hope they come online soon. Might have to wait until they air in the UK thought, which could be months... I can't believe they haven't heard about it at the parks. How are their lives complete without it?! I would totally collect all the pins too.

Thank you for the pictures. So pretty. I love the grappling hook one! Makes me wish I lived somewhere that had a Hot Topic.
Lil' Gideon merch would be awesome! I'd love it if they did Lil' Gideon plush toys, like the ones he has of himself in the show. H

Hehe, 10000% sure, eh? Still, if it's got the Pines on it, who cares about officiality?

Last edited:
I know, right? Just so grumpy of him. I hope they release these in the UK, otherwise I'mma have to be buying them off someone on here!

I can't wait to finally see the last two episodes. I just hope they come online soon. Might have to wait until they air in the UK thought, which could be months... I can't believe they haven't heard about it at the parks. How are their lives complete without it?! I would totally collect all the pins too.

Thank you for the pictures. So pretty. I love the grappling hook one! Makes me wish I lived somewhere that had a Hot Topic.
Lil' Gideon merch would be awesome! I'd love it if they did Lil' Gideon plush toys, like the ones he has of himself in the show. H

Hehe, 10000% sure, eh? Still, if it's got the Pines on it, who cares about officiality?

LOL Yes definitely 10000 they have like printer lines through their face and were sold at an anime booth hehe. I'd have to agree though aha, I saw it and like sprinted over.

And I know right? One of the better shows on the channel and they still don't know aha.

I have the same hope though as I'm not sure if the bags are the same in Canada but hopefully they'll be worldwide for our sakes :D

tumblr_mqxcb3c5x31sdg2sxo1_500.png

LOL Yes definitely 10000 they have like printer lines through their face and were sold at an anime booth hehe. I'd have to agree though aha, I saw it and like sprinted over.

And I know right? One of the better shows on the channel and they still don't know aha.

I have the same hope though as I'm not sure if the bags are the same in Canada but hopefully they'll be worldwide for our sakes :D

tumblr_mqxcb3c5x31sdg2sxo1_500.png

I would be just the same if I saw anything with them on, printer lines or not! :p

Those Disney employees need to ask for time off work to watch the channel so that they can learn about awesome shows. I'm sure it would be allowed, it's work-related research!

Fingers crossed for worldwide release of the bags! I will eat kids meals at subway for a week if necessary.

Nice picture - I love that cop! If it weren't for the different ethnicity and my lack of moustache and lack of... well, male genitalia, that would be an accurate portrayal of me if I found Lil' Gideon merch. Buy all the things!

We got some! They still had the MU ones but my husband asked for the new ones and they had to go open up the box. lol! My boys picked the one with Dipper and the one with the tree and we got the "Bedazzled" Mabel one for my daughter. The "stickers" in the boys' bags are actually plastic window clings and the girly bag came with little plastic jewel stickers. I love the window clings...

gf1.JPG

Here's Dipper on my back door...
gf2.JPG

and the tree...
gf3.JPG

MadWild, that is awful that they told you you couldn't buy a bag! :( You should have let a manager know. Caebv,having kids is the best way to never have to grow up. Oh, except for all of that parenting and responsibility stuff. ;) A small price to pay, lol. Not that I wouldn't still be into it as a grown-up without kids but enjoying it with my kids makes it even more fun. While were on that topic, did anyone see the Chip and Co FB post about Gravity Falls being renewed for another season with all the comments from parents saying they hate the show and don't allow their kids to watch it??? I was shocked because I have always considered myself to be strict about what my kids watch but I don't see anything wrong or inappropriate about Gravity Falls. What am I missing? Oh well. The season finale starts in 2 minutes... :D

@MadWild
HAHA Yeah other than that completely the same. You might need to put a couple (hundred) pounds on too. Then basically the spitting image. But yes that will be me too if/when it happens hehe.

and @maxtrexmom First of all: WINDOW CLINGS?
AHHHHHHH ahaha. I have a strong need (also I love that you really did go to subway for dinner! I would've tried to persuade the family if someone wasnt at work until 11)

And really? I find that very odd especially when the majority of people I know who watch it are my age or older. It's like any other show or movie where there are references that are geared at the adults but a child is not going to catch them. I've noticed some things like minor romantic undertones between the cops but that really shouldn't be deemed inappropriate either. I heard it had a hard time getting renewed but that's just horrible in my opinion. (Just went to look at the comments. Good lord. These people are .... I don't even know? Whats so wrong with it? This makes me sad because they'll prevent new seasons :( )

Also insanely jealous of you getting the finale aha. Enjoy :)

Last edited:
See, I could easily put on those couple a' hundred pounds if they bought out Gravity Falls chocolate...

Perhaps I should have told a manager but I felt quite embarrassed at his response and just wanted to leave to be honest. I'm very shy when it comes to talking to sales assistants (even though I am one in a department store!) so if they respond negatively I just want to crawl back into my shell. It does mean I'm very careful at work to be friendly to absolutely everyone, though! I'd never tell an adult they couldn't buy someone meant for kids.

I agree with you completely caebv - it's a kids show that's just really entertaining for us too! I don't think there's anything inappropriate. The seven-year-old I babysit watches it and loves it, and his mum approves of it far more than most of the stuff he watches because it's not just full of fight scenes and characters with special "attacks" - it's just a genuinely funny, unique show. I want to read these comments now, I can't imagine what parents would have against it!

Ahh man I wish I could watch that finale...

So far all we have in Canada are generic dolphin bags :( So I'm thinking no on the Gravity Falls set aha. Luckily I live close to the states.

And I agree with you. It's a much more intelligent show than there is right now. (Maybe intelligent isn't the word I just mean its not the fluff or constant fighting like the shows are now)

(PS I have the same problem with being shy [I too am a sales assistant aha]. I understand completely, even if someone just seems slightly irritated by me I get super bothered by it. )

Aww that's a shame. I contacted Subway to find out if they'd be in the UK but I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm jealous you can just "pop over" to the States and get them! The mighty need I have for these bags is almost shamefully strong...

Exactly! I think intelligent is a good word for it actually - the jokes may be silly but there are also some clever bits of writing and hidden things in the animation. I just introduced my german friend to the show (she hadn't even heard of it, let alone seen it!!) and as we were watching the first episode, she was pointing out all the references in the background that I hadn't seen - Kim Possible, Dinotopia etc.

The penultimate episode finally came online. So good! Just got to wait for the finale now. Eek, so exciting!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only shy shop assistant! It's such a problem when customers are gruff or rude because I just want to run away but I have to try and help them and continue the conversation until they are happy. At least when I'm the customer and the sales assistant is rude, I can run away! :p

Exactly! I think intelligent is a good word for it actually - the jokes may be silly but there are also some clever bits of writing and hidden things in the animation. I just introduced my german friend to the show (she hadn't even heard of it, let alone seen it!!) and as we were watching the first episode, she was pointing out all the references in the background that I hadn't seen - Kim Possible, Dinotopia etc.

Seriously aha? I haven't noticed many references I feel so behind now hehe.

Wheres the Stan stuff, that man is my idol!!!!!

I KNOW RIGHT! I also wouldn't mind some of that biker guy stuff (I don't know why I love him)
tumblr_m782hlLg8t1qjf07e.png

Get 'im, get 'im!

That guy makes me laugh. I love the big guy with the axe too. 'This isn't my axe, I only use a right-handed one!'

Get 'im, get 'im!

That guy makes me laugh. I love the big guy with the axe too. 'This isn't my axe, I only use a right-handed one!'

Hehe really every single character I love, now that I think about it. Like the crazy old guy too.

I don't have cable so I haven't seen this show, but I have to say that I LOVE how you have the Tardis in your signature!!!!
Haha thank you :D I was thinking about it and thought there was no way I couldn't include it.
YAY Fellow Whovian :D

I haven't had a reply from Subway marketing about whether the bags will be in the UK or not. I got a confirmation email so I know they got my message, but clearly it wasn't deemed important enough for a reply. I'm starting to think I will never be able to get hold of any of these bags...

They're now doing Planes bags at the Subway in my town, so it definitely looks like we've skipped getting the Gravity falls ones. If anyone on here can help me to get even one of them, I'd be very grateful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back