• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

GUIDE Guide: Cast Lanyard Sets

After looking through the internet achieves through tons of pin trading site I finally have a good listing of Cast Member Lanyard Pins

2000 - 2004 WDW
204527621_1991115071052739_3787361480590769600_n.jpg

205080142_1991115034386076_918079031477279466_n.jpg

203155934_1991115304386049_6412074846406121424_n.jpg

205863984_1991115294386050_3501805916287663080_n.jpg

Last edited:
*applauds the time and effort*

Well done! And ah such memories of so many years of hunting and trading... And I still have a boatload of extra hidden mickeys in my trade bag from the pre-pandemic days and am still hunting the Marvel ones if anyone locally/SoCal has extras!

FYI, the stuff prior to 2003 aren't "Cast Lanyard Series" and they didn't come out during those years. What happened is that in 2003 when the first series proved to be successful, there was a gap between the first and second series. So they remade a bunch of old rack pins, didn't offer them for sale, but put them in the packs that were distributed to CMs to refresh their lanyard. They aren't part of a series, just something that was done to keep the lanyards looking good as well as using the lanyards to distribute pins that didn't sell out. Some were marked on Pinpics as if they were part of a series, but it was because people guessed at the time they were released, and then it wasn't cleaned up when they started doing regular yearly releases. And some of those that are listed above were cancelled Disney Store releases when Disney was in process of closing many Disney Stores the first time, prior to the sale to Children's Place, which were also distributed to lanyards instead of disposing them in another manner (there are more than what is listed above, btw). If someone were to count them because they were released on CM lanyards, then they would also want to consider the Epcot 30th pin and the couple of Conservation Station pins that were only distributed via CM lanyards.

Also, FYI, the one marked "Disneyland Cast Lanyard Series" on the Disney made checklist. The one with the Unbirthday pins, Kites, and Princesses were more commonly designated as Series 2.5 as they were released in late 2004/early 2005 between Series 2 and the "Global Lanyard Series" which later got split up into DLR and WDW Series 3.

FYI, the stuff prior to 2003 aren't "Cast Lanyard Series" and they didn't come out during those years. What happened is that in 2003 when the first series proved to be successful, there was a gap between the first and second series. So they remade a bunch of old rack pins, didn't offer them for sale, but put them in the packs that were distributed to CMs to refresh their lanyard. They aren't part of a series, just something that was done to keep the lanyards looking good as well as using the lanyards to distribute pins that didn't sell out. Some were marked on Pinpics as if they were part of a series, but it was because people guessed at the time they were released, and then it wasn't cleaned up when they started doing regular yearly releases. And some of those that are listed above were cancelled Disney Store releases when Disney was in process of closing many Disney Stores the first time, prior to the sale to Children's Place, which were also distributed to lanyards instead of disposing them in another manner (there are more than what is listed above, btw). If someone were to count them because they were released on CM lanyards, then they would also want to consider the Epcot 30th pin and the couple of Conservation Station pins that were only distributed via CM lanyards.

Also, FYI, the one marked "Disneyland Cast Lanyard Series" on the Disney made checklist. The one with the Unbirthday pins, Kites, and Princesses were more commonly designated as Series 2.5 as they were released in late 2004/early 2005 between Series 2 and the "Global Lanyard Series" which later got split up into DLR and WDW Series 3.
Well, the way you described it. One could technically could consider them Cast Lanyard Series or "Lanyard Refreshers" which is what the label says.

ask for the series themselves I just went by the year cause it seemed easier to do them chronologically than series number

Nice list. Hmm, not sure how to get a list of what they were but there were cast lanyard pins in 2001 for sure in Disneyland Park. The Super Greeter Position was the only one who had them for trade at that time. And for example there was one super greeter Cast Member for all of tomorrowland. That maybe why people don't remember them. I never bothered to make a list as to what they were trading at the time as i thought the pin trading thing would never catch on LOL. :p But they did mention that there pins were special.

Very handy guide! It reminded me that I haven't seen a recent guide as to which colors of the HM pouches sold in the parks match to which waves. Here's what Disney Pins Blog lists. If anyone has more info., please let the rest of us know!

2020 Hidden Disney: silver (labeled Hidden Disney)
2019 Wave C: cranberry red
2019 Wave B: lime green
2019 Wave A: tangerine orange
2018 Wave B: ???
2018 Wave A: mint green
2017 (not sure which wave): white
2016: ???
2015 Wave B: dark blue
2015 Wave A: bright pink

I am not seeing any pictures for the earlier sets? have those pictures been removed?

Very handy guide! It reminded me that I haven't seen a recent guide as to which colors of the HM pouches sold in the parks match to which waves. Here's what Disney Pins Blog lists. If anyone has more info., please let the rest of us know!

2020 Hidden Disney: silver (labeled Hidden Disney)
2019 Wave C: cranberry red
2019 Wave B: lime green
2019 Wave A: tangerine orange
2018 Wave B: ???
2018 Wave A: mint green
2017 (not sure which wave): white
2016: ???
2015 Wave B: dark blue
2015 Wave A: bright pink
from what i can see on youtube
yellow packet for 2013 wave b.
purple packet for 2013 wave a.
2018 wave b i can find nothing on at all. maybe these didnt get released in mystery pouches???

There was no release in 2017. There was one wave in 2016 so assuming the white packet was out in 2017 for the 2016 set.

Back