• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Handmade Disney Goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handmade Disney Goodies

rubyslipperedgoddess

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
If you could have any handmade Disney gift what would it be? What character(s) would you want to feature? With Christmas around the corner what gifts from the heart would you want? Something Christmas related like an ornament or a stocking? Or would you want something that you could wear/enjoy year round?

I would like maybe a handmade bracelet with different princesses .. more like a charm bracelet. So yes this could be wearable all year round :)

I would want a Little Mermaid hair decoration. One that has either thin sea green satin ribbons with shells incorporated into it with perhaps Ariel's silhouette somewhere in there. Something that looks earthy/sea like but fashionable. Er, does that make any sense? xD

I love anything handmade, whether its a seasonal thing or something to be enjoyed year-round. Although, being Jewish and celebrating Hanukkah instead of Christmas, I personally don't like to see too much red and green in my holiday treats. Blue, white, silver, and gold much preferred.

Characters I love: It would be quicker to name the Disney characters I don't love. Okay, my special favorites include Figaro, Chip and Dale, The Lost Boys, Tiger Lily, Tic Toc the Crocodile, Peter Pan & Wendy, and Thumper and Flower... My favorite princess is Belle - My favorite villain is Madam Mim. I'm also very fond of the Parasol Girl from the Haunted Mansion stretch portrait. :)

Types of handmade stuff I'd love as a gift: A small work of art - a Disney-inspired photograph would be really nice, or a simple drawing, painting, or collage. 8x10 would be a great size for framing - Any bigger, and shipping adds up, plus you can never be sure what art goes well in a person's house. I'd also love some handmade stationary, or a decorated journal...

Oh, and of course I love handmade jewelry, too. Doesn't every girl?

That Bambi pendant you made a while back? That was an absolute dream! Like, really. Wow. :eek2:

Thank you Sora, that little Bambi took me 2 years to make from design to completion. Now I will mention that there were times that I didn't work on it, even months where I didn't touch it, so certainly if I had worked on it every day it would have been completed much sooner. It was the first cast piece I did where I carved my own design out of wax and then cast it. The next piece I plan on carving will be a rabbit (Thumper) to go with Bambi. But for now I will be listing him as a necklace on etsy as of Thanksgiving since I won't really be celebrating Thanksgiving.

Aquata, I know exactly what you're thinking. ;)

These are great, keep the ideas coming!

Snow
muXXmYnXJ1IgnnIUBJaP-9A.jpg
m5fxqDHwxPRioixbSnZZyLg.jpg

Similar to these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back