• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Hello from Idaho!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from Idaho!!

Sufikation

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi there, my name is Patrick and I am from Idaho. My family and I just recently went to Disneyland for a few days and my step son and I fell hard into the Disney pins. Before I knew it I was buying and trading and loving every second of it. On the trip home however his lanyard and pins went missing...but thats ok because we have decided to go back in 2014 for our 5th wedding anniversary and I have already bought back the one pin we knew would be impossible to find then. I went on eBay and got him this pin as well as a lot set of 25 random pins to use as trade when we go back. I have been hit hard by the pin bug and plan on randomly purchasing bulk lots of pins from eBay over the next couple years so that we can have a few hundred for trading and/or adding to our collections.
The one I just re-bought for him.
$(KGrHqZ,!lgE-9bEOzz!BP0UuUGbqg~~60_35.JPG

After a little research I found some unsavory info on the seller of the bulk lot of pins and just sent them a message to promptly return my money and cancel my order...I guess a little research on my part should have been done.

Hi Patrick, I'm in WA, so we're neighbors! :D *wave*

Sorry you wound up having to cancel your ebay purchase, but I'm glad you found out about them in time to get your money back! Unfortunately I found out too late and so just had to write off the money I paid for one of those lots. :/

Hello, Patrick!

I recently found out the hard way about the lots on eBay myself. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

The good news is, you discovered this forum before your next trip to Disneyland - A lot of DPF members sell their own pins in the sale section, sometimes for a great price. (I consider $2-3 or so a very good price for a real Disney trader.)

Anyway, yeah... welcome to the forum, and I love that Toy Story pin you just bought for your son. Very cool! :)

Something great happened tonight, my lovely and talented wife found my sons lanyard with pins stashed away in his r2d2 cup, hooray! Also looks like I will just be keeping the toy story pin for my own set...double yay!

Thanks for all the kind welcomes everyone. I just found out this morning that my ebay purchase of the 25 lot of pins is being refunded...thank goodness, I was not looking forward to recieving all those fakies.

Hi Patrick! Welcome to the forum!! Im pretty new to pin trading and the forum myself :) Just like you I was bit by the PT bug on my first trip to WDW. I also fell in love with this forum. Everyone here has been so nice and welcoming and have been so helpful!

Welcome! If you ever need any trader pins, there are lots of people here selling pins for $2-3.

Glad you were able to work out your ebay issue.

Welcome to the forum, Patrick! It is really disappointing to get into a hobby and discovery nastiness like scrappers. The same thing happened to me, but you catch on and learn from experience. Everyone here is great, and you can find pins for trading for great prices like starry_solo mentioned. :) I also have to say, it's great to see another Boba Fett fan! Really digging your avatar!

Hi and Welcome, I know what you mean about the addiction we have been collecting around 11 months and have around 300 different pins.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back