• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!
This thread is great! I guess for me if I had to pick one pin it would be this one: Pin 31277: WDW - Disney's Vintage Collection #8 (Mickey Retro Telephone)
When i was a kid my grandparents lived right outside of Orlando and we use to go to WDW several times a year (back when there was nothing else around and yes I am that old) :)
She loved all things Mickey Mouse (she even named her dog after him) and she had a Mickey Mouse telephone very much like the one in the pin. Every time she would call us I would always ask her if she was talking on the Mickey phone and then giggle.

Thanks for letting us all reminisce :)

Wow, everyone loves Peter Pan :) Mine would be Pin #41780 because I also loved the ride when I was younger. I loved the creativity that Walt had to have guests ride a FLYING pirate boat and the scene above London is still jaw dropping to me to this day. The ride makes me smile because I recently watched a home video (thank you Dad for filming! :D) and he filmed my family riding Peter Pan's Flight along with others :) This ride has also influenced my dream to become an Imagineer in the future! I love how they secretly hung the stars in the ride (I figured it out by asking an Imaginer!) They're not on strings but stuck on poles. And welcome back to pin trading :D
pin41780

Although we have not traded or talked much, I have been wondering about you. I am glad to see you unharmed physically although you seem to have lost a lot.

I applaud your Holiday spirit and wish you best of luck to get your life back on track.

I am looking for right now.
I have started both WDW and DLR stained glass attraction collections last year thanks to a dear lady from DPF: PixarPerils aka Pamela. I saw her collection and fell in love with the colors. So, I had to have them. This Chip and Dale pin is the last one remaining for me to complete the DLR set. WDW set is already complete :)

Oh my goodness you're kindness astounds me! I love this pin forum because it harbors all of the people that are in this hobby for the best reasons, and obviously the most generous people. I haven't been pin trading very long, but can still remember when I bought my first pin. It was the Fantasia Ice cream series baby pegasus pin. I am obsessed with the black baby pegasus but there are hardly any pins of him. Ever since I got that first package and that first pin in the mail, I have been hooked. I have also been searching for pin [pinpics]37573[/pinpics] since then. I have tried to trade for him for years with no success. I am dying to have him, and I think I would cry if I got to see it, let alone have it. I hope everyone has a Happy holiday and Merry Christmas, and you are definitely spreading lots of good cheer just with this thread. Everyone gets to hear cool stories about other traders' pin obsessions and that is the best part about trading I think. I love when people ask me about my pins and I get to tell them the amazing stories that they represent. What a wonderful idea thank you for making me smile as I remember my pin hobby and learn about others :)

haha you don't owe me anything! You're already being way too generous. I just wanted to share my story here because I've really been missing my best friend. I'm always happy to help others :)

I think the pin that means the most to me is: Pin 80671: Mystery Collection - Disney-Pixar Shorts - Geri's Game (Flat) ONLY

This pin means the most to me as this Pixar short reminds me of my great grandfather who passed away some years ago. His smile at the very end is exactly how my great-grandfathers one. Every time I see the short I think of him. :)

ok... I realize I'm not on here much, but I figured I would tell my story my holy grail would probably be Pin 71901: DSF Pinocchio, Figaro, Jiminy and Cleo NFFC Special Release Beloved Tales
I hope I put that right.. My reasoning is because my Dad passed away back in May because of an accident. Jiminy Cricket used to be his favorite character and I remember that he would sing "When you wish upon a star" every morning, I miss him every day and Christmas day is his birthday so it's been hard on me this year.

oh i love these stories and wow some hard pins. that little pegasus is a hoot. and dont worry echo, i was short a few so you are only getting what i found lol

and people stop saying you will never get it! first it is predestining yourself not to get it and it makes me want to get it even more to prove you wrong lol,

No more "how sweet and nice it is that i am doing this". it is a much needed karma boost to hopefully get me back on the nice list before christmas.

and OMG merry, that is like a super me pin! never seen it. but its stained glass and railroad, count me in lol

Mine is 57315, I always like that pin,I have been collecting traffic sign pins since I learned how to drive,Santa says I have been good this year and hopefully he will find a way to get that to me...pm was sent back to you as well

Nice to see you back on, I kind of went away and came back too and I was wondering why I wasn't seeing you around lately.
So let me just drop myself into this pool here. I know my signature is impossible, but those are the final pins I need for each collection. The Princess and the Frog ones are top priority for me right now. Even if someone wanted something from me, or many things from me, if anyone just knows anything about them...
I also thought I traded for the Treasure Planet one a few weeks ago. I traded Pin 91023: Brave - Merida and Elinor Bear - Pixar Studio Store for it, I know they got that pin in the mail from me but now they seem to have disappeared. They are a very upstanding member so I am hoping they only got caught up with something but it would be such a huge disappointment to be so close to finishing Treasure Planet, send them a terribly expensive pin, and then just get... nothing... Heh sorry this turned into a bit of a rant. But anyways.
As for pins that won't be crazy HTF, I am really looking to finish up Enchanted with the ones on my wants. That film is so special to me, I first saw it when I was going through a really bad time and when I watch it it always cheers me up.
I will keep an eye out if anyone is posting about something I can help with too!

I know you asked not to, but I just have to mention that this IS a very kind and generous thing to do. Whoever gets picked, I hope their enthusiasm will bring you lots of happiness and good luck.

As for my 'story'... I'm very new to pin trading, I got into it when I started working at DLP about a month ago. In my previous job, I was able to spend several weeks a year in NYC, a city that holds a very special place in my heart. Working at DLP is awesome, but not being able to spend time in NYC anymore hurts my soul, it really does. So that's why I decided to make WOD NYC one of my 'pin trading themes'. I think I have pretty much 90% of the pins on my Pin Pics wants list, haha! Out of those, my favorites are probably [pinpics]42611[/pinpics] (I adore Bandleader Mickey), [pinpics]53687[/pinpics] (Lady & the Tramp is my favorite Disney movie) and all of the Easter and Central Park related pins. Sorry for not being able to pick just one, WOD had so many wonderful releases... :)

So I had to do some thinking on mine. It is easy for me to say my #1 grail which is the Ariel Designer pin but I am looking more at the pin that would mean the most to me and right now it would be Pin 59677: DisneyShopping.com - Valentine's Day 2008 Series - Ariel & Prince Eric . A few years back on out Disney trip we were at downtown. I had never done much trading there but saw this pin on a lanyard of a trader and fell in love with it. I talked to the woman for about an hour before we decided to make a trade. I did not take too many higher end traders with me but I had 2 particular pins on my lanyard that she loved and I gave them to her for the Ariel. I put it on my camera bag when we traded. When we got back to the resort that night I went to take it off and put it away but it was not there. I looked everywhere for it, asked around, tried retracing steps, etc. NO luck at all! It was gone. That has been at least 3 years ago now and i have had zero luck in getting it again. It was crummy to have it for just a few hours before loosing it. I have always hoped to get it back and one day I will manage to do that...lol So, having to name one pin, it would be this one. :)

Hi! Thanks very much for starting this thread. Even though this pin seems pretty close to impossible to get, I appreciate the opportunity to maybe bring a little attention to my long wanted Married Aurora - Variation pin. It is # 38231 on PinPics. I would like to have this one because my pin collection has basically been anything I can find that is Sleeping Beauty related. Also, it is rare and very pretty. Even prettier, I think, than the usual version with Aurora in the pink dress.

I've loved the movie Sleeping Beauty since it first came out, I believe, since I would have been around 8 years old. I don't actually have a memory of seeing the movie, but I definitely know that I had the soundtrack album. I still have the memory of backing up and sitting in a chair not realizing that the album was on it. Yes, I sat down and broke it!! It was the one that opened up with the story in pictures as well as the record. I tried for years to find it again and finally did, thanks to the bay.

The picture was in my signature, but then became a red x when something changed with PinPics a few months ago. I don't know how to fix it, but I'm going to try to copy and paste the pic again here.
pin38231
Looks like it's still a red x. Oh well!

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!

Way to get into the Christmas spirit!, Kirk! :) I hope you enjoy this magical season!

I'll join in and say my ultimate grail would be pin 52715 -
pin52715th72
Sleeping Beauty has always been my most favorite Disney classic movie since I was a kid. It really brings me back to my childhood when times were carefree and magical. I think this pin just encapsulates the whole story of Sleeping Beauty, and it's just one of the most beautiful pins made, in my opinion!

Another would be pin 64207 -
pin64207th72
POM Splash Mountain. It's my hubby's most favorite ride in the park, and I like to collect Splash Mountain for him. Even though he isn't a pin trader/collector, he does enjoy my Splash Mountain collection. So this one's for him!

Merry Christmas to you and have a blessed New Year!

Hi! That is such a nice idea!
i am currently on the search for its a small world pins. I have the most recent rack pins, but that is it. It was my moms favorite ride. When I was little, I remember she had this watch that played the song. I loved it. She has been gone two years and I miss her so.
As for dreaming, that would be belle reveal conceal or designer belle. A girl can hope and dream.
just in case luck comes my way, here is my address
julie

Last edited:
I like this thread because of the idea that we can express what our most wanted pin is and why we want to collect it, but I don't expect anyone to zap me this nor would I want someone to (a pin of this caliber I would just end up feeling in debt to them O__O).
pin64450

Pin 64450: DisneyShopping.com - Stained Glass Prince & Princess (Ariel & Eric)

I absolutely adore this pin purely because Little Mermaid has always been (until recently) me and my mom's favorite Disney movie. We love the water, we both scuba dive, and personally, I'm pretty sure if we both could choose something to me we'd choose merman and mermaid, respectively :) Mermaids, in mythology, are supposed to be these evil creatures (similar to how PotC portrayed them, that are still cool) that drag unknowing men down to the depths of the ocean where they drown and are then feasted on. I loved Little Mermaid for taking that myth but spinning it around to a lighter tone, with mermaids being scared of humans, except one. I think Ariel is by far the prettiest princess (leagues ahead of anyone else in my opinion) and this scene where she saved him is easily the most memorable scene for me that didn't involve Ursula. The pin just looks amazing too boot and when me and my mom went to Bermuda recently (before I started collecting) we took a small class on how glass structures are made and saw all these amazing aquatic creates made from glass. Plus, I've always loved the way stained glass is pieced together.

I always loved Disney pins, but I was never sure if I could afford the hobby (still not sure) so I always stuck away from it, but this summer I decided to at least give it a shot, and this was the pin that I saw that pushed me over the edge. I knew that if pieces of art like these existed, it wasn't a question of whether or not I could afford the hobby, but how long I could wait for this to come to me :)

There I'm done...yay...I feel better, this is like some psychological catharsis thread lol

The generosity of members here never ceases to amaze me! I hope that some day I can have enough pins to do something kind like this for people. I think pin karma is what keeps this community alive sometimes!

My grail pin would be the Fa Zhou and Mulan pin in my signature.
pin39042.jpg

Although not the exact scene, it is the closest to the scene at the end where he delivers his infamous line: "The greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter." This line brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. I never had the fortune of knowing my father, seeing as he passed away when I was only two years old. I don't know why, but this part of the film resonates with me and makes me long for that which I've missed out on. But it also makes me so happy for those who do get to experience the joys of family. So in a way, the pin kind of represents life, with death, and all that it celebrates, to me. I know it sounds really deep, and ridiculous, but that's my reasoning! ^^;

Last edited:
At the moment my 2 most hard to find pins are:
DESIGNER BELLE! the only one needed to finish my set arg!!
And the le 50 walle also a pin called grotto reflections. For some reason I have SUPER bad luck with this pin and have never been able to get it :(

I already have my ultimate Grail and at the moment much prefer to be the one giving away pins (
So ghosttrains, what is YOUR ultimate Grail :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back