• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta say that this whole thread is absolutely wonderful! Your intentions are so very wonderful and filled with the holiday spirit! It's also so much fun to see what everyone's else's dream pins are. I ended up just starting to trade pins, so I feel like every time I look at someone's thread or siggy that I find a whole bunch of new pins that I absolutely adore! While my dream pin is the tangled film pin, that's beyond way too expensive to ask for. So I think I'll give a request for any one of the sparkle princess compact pins. My story for these pins actually stem from my very first introduction to pin trading and pin traders. On my birthday, my fiance ended up taking me to Disneyland and offering to buy me some stuff as gifts. I decided to try out a lanyand and a few pins just for the fun of it. As my fiance wheeled me around to look for lanyards (because he's willing to indulge my insanity), I caught sight of the most beautiful pins in a binder. I instantly stopped and started talking to the traders standing there. It was so much fun to just hear about them all, but as a beginner, I didnt have any sort of pins that they were willing to trade for since they wanted to keep the set. We bid our goodbyes, but by the time I got home, I've been lurking on pin sites, and finding all the old pins that I've bought over the years at disney just because I thought they looked pretty.

While I know it won't happen, I wanted to share tis with everyone. My most wanted pin right now is Pin 67730
pin67730

The reason is that 2 friends of mine kidnapped me for my Birthday in late 1988 and took me to see this movie. I've been a Disney fan ever since. So this was the movie that began my obsession with all things Disney.

Hi! That is such a nice idea!
i am currently on the search for its a small world pins. I have the most recent rack pins, but that is it. It was my moms favorite ride. When I was little, I remember she had this watch that played the song. I loved it. She has been gone two years and I miss her so.
As for dreaming, that would be belle reveal conceal or designer belle. A girl can hope and dream.
just in case luck comes my way, here is my address
julie
13601 n 49th place
scottsdale az 85254

UM? there are like 3 of those, which is the right one??

What a lovely idea to spread some festive cheer!

My two most wanted pins are the two Brave Pixar Studios pins but I would never be expected to be zapped with those lol!! A few other most wanteds of mine are:

The hallowe'en one because I have recently started collecting Minnie as a Witch pins because I went to DLR for the first time this year and was there for Hallowe'en. The next two (Snow White and Small World) are because I have the rest of the collection and these are the last two I need!!

I don't know if the mods have my address on file but I'll give it to you here anyway!

Charlie Gardiner
5 Kingfisher Road
Buckingham
Bucks
MK18 7EX
ENGLAND

pin49734
pin87013
pin87006

Well my grail pin/s would have to be http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=23926&sid=6661.1355932233.v2

I have a love of the carousel horse, thier sheer beauty and grace the artistry that went into carving them, they hold a special place in my heart. When I travel anywhere I look up to try and find if the place I am going to has a historical carousel, the new ones just are not the same. My favorite carver is Dentzel in fact Disneylands Carousel has Dentzel horses on it. Yes the horses have been mixed with other carvers horses but I can tell which ones are Dentzels, also did you know the Disneyland Carousel used to have carriges behind each horse on the Disneyland Carousel but they were removed to put in more horses and now the carriges now reside in DLRP on thier carousel. Walt Disney was known to frequent Griffith park and take his grandkids on the carousel which is still there and I love to visit. the horses are in need of some TLC and restoration, I wish Disneyland would get involved and do something to help knowing thats where Walt got his idea. Carousels are just so incredibly magical I wish to own a real one someday, I right now collect the Tobin Fraley Carousel Horses finding a beautiful one when I was 13 or 14 plays two Songs has a huge box representing the center of a carousel or the organ, I got it for 20.00 at a yard sale and we took it to Solvang where it was appraised for over 200.00! for a kid I was estatic! I also collect the pins. They bring me joy and warm memories there is just something about a carousel the way they float with wonderful music!
My son and I were lucky to be on the Disneyland (king Aurthors) carousel when they did a video blog for Disney's Blog page, a very cool memory. I wish I could own this set it is the only set that is so far out of reach I can't even get a finger to reach out to just touch the edge. They are my dream set, a combo of Beautiful horses and lovley princesses.

When I went to the 50th anniversary celebration and they gave Julie Andrews the replica of Jingles I just died! Tho I was not there for that part, I just got to see it on video, but during the 50th they released a L.E statue of Jingles for the public to buy and she sits in my carousel cabnet as the centerpiece.

Knowing that I can never own these beauties even 1 I would never expect to be Zapped with one, but it was truly a pleasure getting to write about them and my connection, and may I add what a wonderful christmas gesture, and hope things are better for you, I just got threw a rough patch and I thank the members of this wonderful forum for helping me threw my patch. I hope a hug from me will help you feel less blue :hug:

Last edited:
Although they don't fit in anything I collect, when I saw these pins, they just struck a chord within me. Whether its because I loved school/college/University or because when I worked with teenagers in schools it was one of the best, most rewarding jobs I ever had. I love teaching, I love learning and these are on my wants beacause they mean something to me, but I've just never been able to get hold of them...
pin6550th72
pin6551th72
pin6553th72
pin6554th72

They are pin numbers 6550,6551,6553,6554

I've loved reading everyone's posts about pins with speial meanings, especially yours Echo about the 65 roses, what a special way to remember a friend!

wow such nice connections with pins. as for the hug, yes hugs are a big way of relieveing all my woes and feeling rejuvinated. there are a few people i have hugged on these forums so you know the death grip i have. i usually have to try to hold back a bit. As for needing the hug, i dont know how everyone is knowledgeable of my situation but "We are fine" everyone has bad days or a lingering depression, thats what drugs are for!

besides, once i get a new house and move out of the shelter, find a new car and pay off this massive debt, all will be rosy........Gotcha!! lol lol. its really not that bad. some people lost much more.

some of these pins are so crazy. i have been researching and wow have pins gotten expensive since 2007.

OK lastly chris, if you hadnt robbed my mailman and held my box hostage i would not have had to send you that LBE covered in pretty pink sparkles and princess stickers, lol
the only thing better would have been if your dad had gotten the mail. lolol

Ok really last thing, 1 sent out like 400 requests and i have gotten 0 responses. if you get some silly unfair request that i missed in editing just tell me, i can always make a better offer.

happy holitrades!! (trademarked)

kirk

Ok so me and wonderwoman were just talking and she couldnt think of a story, then i was about to tell her mine and i realized i dont have one either!
i have no childhood connection to disney, my family never went, i didnt go until i was 26 and although i love all the pins in my collection, none really have a meaningful connection to my life.....

"i asked a question i could not answer, so now i ponder not what would they say, but I"

Oh and i love that so many have offered to help out but if you really want to, you can give it to moe for someone who really needs it.

pin63807
63807 - Simba has always been one of my favorite characters. However, I lost my best friend just over a year ago now and he was born under the sign of Leo (July 27th). He was my best friend for 11 years and I always used to call him my little lion. RIP Ringo
IMG_6106_zpsfab5383e.jpg

Because my last post didnt go through...

I wouldnt had kidnapped your mailman if you were bragging about the pins you were getting :(

And I checked ebay for prices on my pin for giggles, and the only one I see is at $200 0_o

No, just no.

pin63807
63807 - Simba has always been one of my favorite characters. However, I lost my best friend just over a year ago now and he was born under the sign of Leo (July 27th). He was my best friend for 11 years and I always used to call him my little lion. RIP Ringo

thats my birthday too!!!!!! i lost my 2 babies last year and it killed me. we got charlie and he has been a massive welcome to our home. he was a rescue from Lhasa apso rescue online.

lolol chris,

i did get the 200 pins but they were all things i dont collect and rack pins. my niece made out well on that deal lol. not one LE pin. i wish you would have kept the mailman, he is a butt head.

as for you dark wing lover! i cant find that pin anywhere but there are people trading it so you never know.

The one pin ive wanted now since I started pin trading. That pin would be 42573. The reason why is my grandma loves stitch when he is dressed as elvis. When she first saw the pin in a persons book she tried trading for it. They said no and walked away. She wanted this pin because he was dressed as elvis. It reminded her off her teen and her early 20's. She said she listened to him almost ecery day on the radio. Then I finally I had a trade I agreed for it. They said they would meet me at ptn. So for three straight ptn's we would agree to it. He never showed up or he would say he didnt bring it. This is the one pin that has evaded me.

This is such an awesome idea. I love hearing the back stories for why someone would want a certain pin and seeing how people make connections with an image to a loved memory. Mine would have to be Pin 86111: DSF - Mufasa & Simba. Growing up we had some Disney ornaments we would put on our tree every year. My favorite was one that had Mufasa lying down and Simba lying on top of him with them looking at the stars above them. My mom had written "Shanley and Dad" on it so it felt personalized. Once I started getting older, my mom chose to start decorating the tree with "prettier" ornaments but my dad still put up our Disney ornaments every year at his house. In recent years our Christmas box was lost while moving, and I was actually upset my Disney ornaments were gone since I had them my whole childhood and I planned on putting them on my tree once I got my own place. There were a few I remember having, but the Mufasa and Simba one was the most memorable and the most loved. Hopefully one day I will find it!!

It's definitely cool to hear people's stories about certain pins! It's definitely tough to pick one pin that is most wanted, I'm torn between these 2. They are both sleeping beauty, it's my mom's favourite movie and she definitely passed it on to me. I have lots of good memories of playing with a mini pink sleeping beauty castle when I was younger, watching it with my sister and my mom. Even now when my sister and I need a secret password for something, it's sleeping beauty. And it's so much fun that anytime I get something sleeping beauty related I go to my mom's and show it to her :D

The large one just looks amazing and captures an important part of the story!
Pin 47564: Disney Auctions - Sleeping Beauty with Spinning Wheel and Fairies
Screen_shot_2012_12_18_at_11_40_19_AM.png

And this medallion is just really, really pretty! :)
Pin 79126: DisneyStore.com - Pearl Medallion Princess (Aurora)
Screen_shot_2012_12_18_at_11_39_58_AM.png

Last edited:
You know, I've changed my tune. This thread is great if for no other reason than for everyone to share a little something about their most wanted pins. Ok, looks like I'm going to have to work on one of those most wanted signature thingys later when I get some time :D

You know, I've changed my tune. This thread is great if for no other reason than for everyone to share a little something about their most wanted pins. Ok, looks like I'm going to have to work on one of those most wanted signature thingys later when I get some time :D

YAY to that, did the 3 spirits visit you to change your mind lol

I think this is a fantastic thing you are doing. I am a bit like you and have no real childhood connection to disney from a young age except I used to watch Aladdin constantly when I was younger. I collect Aurora because I think the pins a beautiful and sadly they don't have much meaning to me other then they make me smile :). Hollie has loved disney from a young age and has grown up with it, she loves Rapunzel and looks quite like her too. It is an escape for her and she draws disney a lot. She really does love Disney. I think what your doing is amazing :)

Hollie would love any tangled pin she doesn't have. I try and get them as they make her very happy :D

pin63807
IMG_6106_zpsfab5383e.jpg

It's always so sad to lose a beloved pet and friend :( I lost my Princess about 10 years ago now (hard to believe it has been almost that long) and my Patches (a Llhaso Apso) back in 2009. Those days were the hardest and most depressing for me but they both lived long lives.

I love reading all of these stories. I've said this in a few threads before, but everyone has such brilliant and personal reasons for their collections, it's so inspiring to read. Sometimes I just come to the forums to read these heartfelt stories.

The other thing I've been impressed with OVER AND OVER since joining the forums almost three weeks ago is how generous and kind everyone really is. I've seen threads like this, I've seen people reaching out to complete strangers and offering them pins that means so much to them or offering their pickup services at their local Park. I myself have been grateful for the people I've met, especially the darling BugCatcherJenna who helped me get a different (but equally important) addition to my Tangled collection. It's truly a wonderful community and I feel so lucky to have happened upon this forum.

There are three pins I'm dreaming of right now:

Pin 80648: Disney Tangled - Opening Day
Pin 80877: DSF - El Capitan Marquee - Tangled

My boyfriend and I had just started dating when Tangled came out. We saw the film together, and when Flynn takes Rapunzel out in the gondola to view the lanterns, we were both speechless. The music, the animation and the lanterns took our breath away and we knew that it was going to be something special for us. Two years and a Disney World engagement later, I See The Light is our wedding song, and we have already purchased hundreds of lanterns for our wedding next October. So as you can imagine, anything pertaining to the opening day of our favorite film is very important to us.

The other piece that I will get my hands on is Pin 90007: Piece of Disney Movies - Disney Movie Tangled, specifically a clip of Flynn and Rapunzel lifting the lanterns into the air. It's an incredibly emotional and symbolic scene for me, and while I am incredibly lucky to have a few PoDM from this scene, that one clip would just mean so much.

So, those are the stories behind the three most important pins I'm currently seeking. Like everyone else, I'd love Designer Rapunzel or Reveal/Conceal Rapunzel, but they will come with time. They're beautiful and I want them in my collection, but nothing would stand out more than the three pins I described. If nothing else, I hope my story was able to make just one person go, "Awwww..." <3

You're doing an amazing thing, by the way. I want to pay it forward to someone, too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back