• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Holiday Pin give away! DONT LOOK IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing is over, but I do like the original intention of this thread and getting people discussing their connections to their grails, so I figured I'd give my 2 cents on probably my "grail pins".

Nothing too fancy, but stuff that has an emotional connection, which I guess is usually the grails for all of us.

The two "sets" that meet that criteria the most for me are the Disneyland Attraction Posters and MSEP pins.

For attraction posters, I'm of course trying to get the set of Hinged Posters sold recently at Disneyland. Wish I got into pins sooner as I just barely missed most of these (plus I don't live anywhere near Disneyland) so I've had to buy most at secondary-market rates or try to trade for them.

For the MSEP, I hadn't really seen anything until the WDI 40th anniversary 8 pin set with the trains. If someone decides to sell that, I'd gladly buy it. They just look soo cool. Of course, since I don't even have access to DL pins, I certainly don't have access to WDI pins so no idea when that will ever happen.

These pins are so special to me mostly from childhood memories of annual vacations to Disneyland and not really having any childhood memories that were happier than those visits to Disneyland. As a teen I saved up my money and bought as many of the attractions posters that I could frame and get to fit on my bedroom wall just so I'd always have a reminder of those happy times. Over the years, I have no idea what happened to my poster collection, but these pins are a great way for me to relive that. I wouldn't really care what attraction poster pins they are, except the hinged ones are the most recent and the easiest for me to find :)

As for the MESP pins, those are just my best memories of Disneyland was sitting on the curb of Main Street and watching that parade. Love, love, love the Baroque Hoedown and listen to it probably far more than any sane person should :D

I really love some Disney movies (BatB, Jungle Book), but nothing will ever have a place in my heart like Disneyland and the MSEP. Finally got the see the MSEP at WDW for the first time in probably a decade or more and darn near cried. Such a great parade.

Tiggermickey, did you get the follow-up PM I sent this morning?

A big thank you to Kirk again. Even to be considered means a lot and I love sharing (and reading) these stories! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! xoxo

Hmm, why are all our most wanted pins also the most expensive pins?! LOL

EDIT: You can look at my sister's (starry_solo) signature for our most wanted pins. Thanks!

if there was even a chance that i had eyes good enough to see those tiny pics i would never know the pin #'s, ill just have to go by the wants list.

This whole thing is over, but I do like the original intention of this thread and getting people discussing their connections to their grails, so I figured I'd give my 2 cents on probably my "grail pins".

Nothing too fancy, but stuff that has an emotional connection, which I guess is usually the grails for all of us.

The two "sets" that meet that criteria the most for me are the Disneyland Attraction Posters and MSEP pins.

For attraction posters, I'm of course trying to get the set of Hinged Posters sold recently at Disneyland. Wish I got into pins sooner as I just barely missed most of these (plus I don't live anywhere near Disneyland) so I've had to buy most at secondary-market rates or try to trade for them.

For the MSEP, I hadn't really seen anything until the WDI 40th anniversary 8 pin set with the trains. If someone decides to sell that, I'd gladly buy it. They just look soo cool. Of course, since I don't even have access to DL pins, I certainly don't have access to WDI pins so no idea when that will ever happen.

These pins are so special to me mostly from childhood memories of annual vacations to Disneyland and not really having any childhood memories that were happier than those visits to Disneyland. As a teen I saved up my money and bought as many of the attractions posters that I could frame and get to fit on my bedroom wall just so I'd always have a reminder of those happy times. Over the years, I have no idea what happened to my poster collection, but these pins are a great way for me to relive that. I wouldn't really care what attraction poster pins they are, except the hinged ones are the most recent and the easiest for me to find :)

As for the MESP pins, those are just my best memories of Disneyland was sitting on the curb of Main Street and watching that parade. Love, love, love the Baroque Hoedown and listen to it probably far more than any sane person should :D

I really love some Disney movies (BatB, Jungle Book), but nothing will ever have a place in my heart like Disneyland and the MSEP. Finally got the see the MSEP at WDW for the first time in probably a decade or more and darn near cried. Such a great parade.

Ok are we like related??? we have the most similar wants in the world. i think i have about 90% of your wants in my collection. wonderful story too.

Hi don't know if I'm too late,but there are a few pns I would love someday,once upon a dream
My most realistic target is sorcerer mickey beloved tales just because I love mickey no other reason xx
this is a wonderful thing o do at this time or any time of year
happy Christmas one and all xxxxxx

My Aunt is the reason my boyfriend and I got into pin trading. She has been a pin trader for years and she bought me my very first pin at a antiques/collectibles store in Ventura called Things remembered. It's there that she bought me my first pin, a Snow White Pin 37868: WDW - Happily Ever After Series (Snow White) Color Variation. Growing up I loved Snow White, she was one of my favorite princesses. In fact as I got older I had some friends who nick named me snow white because of my dark short black hair light skin red lipstick and first soprano singing voice. The main reason I'm looking for this pin is because right after I got this pin I gave it to my boyfriend to put in his pocket to hold onto for me until I found a safe place to keep it and I guess it fell out of his pocket or something but I would like to someday have this pin back in my collection because it was the first pin that started it all for me.

Yes,I so anxious to see the posts when everyone gets their pin,Kirk again thanks for doing this,what a way to bring on the holiday cheer

I can understand that feeling you have about Disneyland, for a semester MK's Main Street was my home away from home. I got to experience every parade, fireworks, greet everyone and tell everyone good night. Not to mention walk down Main Street through the castle with no guests present. The first night of the Main Street Electrical Parade's return was my last night working as college program cast member on PAC. I can't believe I got to see it back stage as it entered on Main Street, Race backstage to the end of frontierland to see it reset itself, and then walk back onstage to see Wishes on for the last time as a CP, it was too heart wrenching I cried.

So to add to my previous post, I collect 'it's a small world'. The reason why I collect it is because it is my mom's and grandma's favorite ride so it reminds me of them. I also love the ride and always have to ride it when I go to WDW. So, at the moment, these are my favorite grails to get:
x
pin60968
Pin 60968: DLR - Disney Dreams Collection - 'it's a small world'
x
pin85161
Pin 85161: D23 - 2011 Expo - 'it’s a small world' 45th Anniversary Jumbo
or any small world pin that I don't have :)

Ok folks,

i have been working here and there have been 3, yes 3 people with no address listed. I am at a stand still since if i tell you i need your address then you will know you were picked, on the other hand i cant get anything to you without it. ????????

such a dillema.

Ok folks,

i have been working here and there have been 3, yes 3 people with no address listed. I am at a stand still since if i tell you i need your address then you will know you were picked, on the other hand i cant get anything to you without it. ????????

such a dillema.

I think people are confused that the DPF Mods have their address if they participated with Secret Santa this year. The DPF Zapping list is separate from that and one can be added to it by tiggermickey if you haven't participated with zapping before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back