• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

I call Dibs... Is that possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found it, it didn't show up when I was logged in because the seller doesn't ship outside of the states....maybe why some others were having trouble finding it.

Its a cool scene, good luck to those who want it!

I guess I am not alone thinking this will break $500... Wow...

Do I start selling our grail pins now or do I wait to see if I win it first then have a massive 1-Day sale...

Hmmmmm..... What to do...

lol.. i would wait.. let sumone else buy it and than u can pick it up later for less when they need the money and not the pins.. Wait mayb sum pin collectors are like the crystal lady i just saw on tv... she has 1.5mill dollars worth or Swarovski... can u say wow.. and crazy... she has a show room in her house. makes the mall shops look lame.. :)

if this teaches me anything... I need a new job... i want to have money to burn :wiggle:

This is all crazy... it is not worth $500 in my honest opinion... we will never get our value back on this pin if we all just have a bidding war on this pin. This scene is not as rare as you think... it will come around again people, all we're gonna do is drive up the price and make it impossible for anyone else to trade for it due to this "i have more money to waist than you" fight. I guess i will never complete my shadowbox the way i want to just because some deep pocketed people like to drive the prices up on these little pieces of metal... sorry if I'm offending anyone. I do not mean to, but this thread is frustrating to watch for me since i really cant afford to even think about jumping in. :'( Especially since it is something i still need to complete my set :-( I just think we are all a bit crazy sometimes...

I'm not even going to bid, even though this is a grail of mine too. Good luck to you all. And I'm sorry for the person who ends up winning it if it goes over $500... i just know this scene will end up selling for less later :(

Last edited:
+1000000 for Laz

seems like i pissing contest to me.. One thing i learned about that on tour...is... the people that invite this kind of thing... already know they will win at all cost. so it really becomes just a show off thing. mine is bigger and better than yours... lol. :p

We did the math the other day Moe.. with 24 PODM's, and you wanting 24 of each. Even at original retail price of about $22.00 your looking at a grand total of
$12672.00

And that not counting higher priced frames, such as this Tangled on your stalking. No wonder your trading for them.

sorry if you feel this is a pissing contest... It was not ever intended on being such a thing... Yes this is our holliest grail of all pins... It is that for many people... Many other pins go for this much and more such as the Gomes Skeeping Beauty, UP Marquee and Rapunzel R/C... Are those all pissing contest too??? or are those all collectors of these pieces of art like myself who just truly want to own a certain item??? Because I am willing to sell many of my older pins for a chance to own my holliest of grails does that make me a bad person??? My wife loves this pin, and I would love to get it for her... If it cost me $300 or $500 that is my problem...To me that smile on my wife's face is worth a million dollars and if I only need to give up a few pins I can care less about, I wouldn't think twice of doing it for her...

Goofy_Moe, I wonder if your $$ would be better spent trying to get another Designer Villain set and trading with some of the other bidders in your auction that offered this pin, and a couple other PODM pins you wanted. Just a thought...

We did the math the other day Moe.. with 24 PODM's, and you wanting 24 of each. Even at original retail price of about $22.00 your looking at a grand total of
$12672.00

And that not counting higher priced frames, such as this Tangled on your stalking. No wonder your trading for them.

This is why we shut down tje viewing on our site.... This is nobody's nusiness but my wife's and mine... We do not care what anyone else does with their money, why is this the latest topic of discussion in the chat room??? Why would yoou post this???

Goofy_Moe, I wonder if your $$ would be better spent trying to get another Designer Villain set and trading with some of the other bidders in your auction that offered this pin, and a couple other PODM pins you wanted. Just a thought...

crossed my mind more than once... thanks for the suggestion tho

I did not mean it in a bad way. I agree if it is your holy Grail then spend what you want on it. I was joking saying if it was the sleeping beauty Gomes, I'd be doing the same thing. I did in no way think this was a pissing contest because I would lose >.<

The only reason i am saying anything about this is cause i have watched another seller who had that scene for sale on ebay recently for 500 bin and no one has purchased it. This thread is going to make the prices go up instead of down so it is counter productive to everyone being able to get one of these. Honestly i don't care what anyone else does with their money. But this thread is just hyping people up. And making it worse. I do hope this pin finds it's way into a collection of a DPFer :) just hopefully not at an inflated price just due to this thread. Best of luck to all... i wish i had the $ to throw myself in this too but i just don't <3

This is why we shut down tje viewing on our site.... This is nobody's nusiness but my wife's and mine... We do not care what anyone else does with their money, why is this the latest topic of discussion in the chat room??? Why would yoou post this???

:(The "we" I mentioned was me and hubby, as a curiousity topic, a "What if we collected PODM's" thing. :rolleyes:I had no clue money was discussed in chat. I was saying its no wonder you are trading so heavy for them. :) I would never attack you or what you do Moe, your family is awesome. Please dont take it as a criticism in any way.:sad:

This kills me because I had 3 Tangled PODM of this same cell :( but if it was an Up! marquee I would be doing the SAME thing Moe is doing, there will be no stopping me from getting my grail.

Last edited:
sorry that would b me.. i was fast to do the math when i was told that you guys wanted 24 of each pin. I know ppl like to collect things... for me its always been Ball cards... But i nebver have thought to have 24 or even 5 of any crad that i love. not that u cant do it.. cuz many ppl do... i was just thinking wow.. thats a lot off doe on the same thing... 23+ times... sorry... i should not have posted the price in chat and yess its your money to burn if u want.

But i have to agree with Laz. thing like this thread just blow the hype up and also makes it harder for ppl to get the pin later... cuz we all know what will b said " well its worth that much cuz one just sold on ebay" sad part of our hobby these days :(

Look on the bright side, if people see that it sells for $500 more people will probably list theirs on eBay. If the market is flooded with them it wont sell for $500 and people will probably have to take a best offer. Look at the Tangled marquee it sold for $400 twice and after it being absent from eBay for a while there's 2 of them listed. Podm aren't like marquees where the value on them hold so more than likely it wont sell for $500 again if does this time around. I remember a month after the Tangled PODM release there was one listed for $300 BIN and nobody snatched it up. I've seen a PODM sell for $350 one time and $150 another time so I doubt if sells for $500 this time it will again in the future. And with trading its different, a PODM may sell for $400 but it doesn't trade the same. Most of the time people trade PODM for PODM and I've physically seen people trade this cell and they didn't get anything close to $400 worth of pins. Everybody who wants it just has to be patient.

...I know ppl like to collect things... for me its always been Ball cards... But i nebver have thought to have 24 or even 5 of any crad that i love. not that u cant do it.. cuz many ppl do... i was just thinking wow.. thats a lot off doe on the same thing... 23+ times...

I'd agree if we were all talking about pins (cards) that are identical to each other. But one of the wonderful (and terrible) things about PODM is that two of the "same" pins can have very different scenes. So, it makes sense to want to collect more than one of each movie. I shudder to think how many I would have wanted if they had done a "Lilo & Stitch" pin.

I'm also really curious about what Goofy_Moe is going to do with 24 of each of the 24 pins, but I never got around to asking... I just didn't want to feel too nosy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back