• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

If you are considering trading with a trader from Las Vegas please read this

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are considering trading with a trader from Las Vegas please read this
I really don't get the sending empty envelope thing to numerous pin traders. Was it all just a joke? In the end I hope everyone here gets their pins back from him.

I really don't get the sending empty envelope thing to numerous pin traders. Was it all just a joke? In the end I hope everyone here gets their pins back from him.

Trying to pull a fast one and not realizing who he messed with and how many of us actually talk to each other.

Trying to pull a fast one and not realizing who he messed with and how many of us actually talk to each other.

Amen, to that David! We here on DPF are a really close knit group that will do most anything to take care of one another. Thank you for your initial help in my investigation. I was able to cross reference addresses at work on my database and four different addresses popped up for him in North Las Vegas. The pin community is a small one and word travels fast when good things happen as well when bad things transpire.

This! that is the awesome thing about communities like this - when someone tries to pull a scam like this, more often than not it's exposed and hopefully leads to a resolution for all involved.

I'm so happy to hear you got your pins back, Angel (I seriously would have cried if I thought those traders were stolen- heck, I've cried for a lot less of what I thought was lost!) and I hope that other people involved get their pins back soon too. So horrible what you have all had to go through!!

I'm glad to hear the pins are being returned. So weird. I guess I don't understand why you'd even bother sending empty envelopes if you were going to steal someone's pins but I can't even really think in the mindframe of someone who would do that. Maybe so they could say they sent them and something happened in route?

Last edited:
You send empty envelopes with Delivery Confirmation for a small fee or even a receipt, free from the post office proving you sent the item and that the receiver-that is you- are lying about not getting the pin. The sender will say, here is the proof and they most time win. This is a very common scam on ebay.

ugh - hate people like this - why bother to do this to people? Pin trading is built on trust, and its people like this that ruin it for others, and put others off of trading. I hope he get what he deserves.

He almost just got me. He is claiming to have the Brave pendant pin (in my signature), and was using another member's picture. Trader beware! That would be a HUGE trade to get stung on.

Last edited:
I'm still happy I initially turned down his requests he sent through email, through my gut. I didn't read this post before it, but his offers were just too good to be true. Someone that has 9 of my highest wants (that you basically cannot find anywhere) and he's offering all nine for one pin I have? Nah. I'm glad I'm a part of this forum and that people help each other. It's because of the latter (talking about, going public with his name, etc…) that scammers like him get their tails between their legs and send everything back.

If it is a member here on DPF we should be able to post their name. This crap about needing proof should be thrown out when this many people have been or almost been scammed by them.

If it is a member here on DPF we should be able to post their name. This crap about needing proof should be thrown out when this many people have been or almost been scammed by them.

I could be wrong but I don't think he's a member here.

I stand corrected...I guess he is a DPF member. I had no idea.

Last edited:
Since he is back and it appears scamming people again and because we leave for vacation here is the info. If the mods need to edit it they can. I will be gone until Tuesday.

The traders email address is bboybracer@aim.com

He has been using a couple of different names Jamie Torres, Francisco Hernandez.

Agreed. I think protecting members is more important than protecting a scammer! :/

The Instagram that he was using to almost snag me was Redablazedpin (and he has now deleted the post with the Brave pin on it). Hernandez was the name used in his email. If this needs to be removed I will do so, however I think it is to the point now where this should be allowed!

EDIT: There seems to be some confusion now. I was under the impression that this Instagram trader from Las Vegas was the trader in question that this thread was made on? Is there anyone who can prove or disprove this claim? I don't want to label someone as an outright scammer if it was in fact a misunderstanding.

Last edited:
PMs have been sent.

Everybody should remember if you are trading valuable pins with a new trader you should use a go between. Then both traders can send their pins to a neutral party and when both pins are received in good condition then and only then will the pins be shipped to the traders.

I think the mods here have said they would act as the neutral party. I am also available to help in this if you would like.

I've a pm to both you if you can please help thank you so much in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. I think protecting members is more important than protecting a scammer! :/

The Instagram that he was using to almost snag me was Redablazedpin (and he has now deleted the post with the Brave pin on it, due to Jenna's great work!!). Hernandez was the name used in his email. If this needs to be removed I will do so, however I think it is to the point now where this should be allowed!

Hi i don't mean to start drama but I follow redablazepin and from my understanding He posted that picture asking if it was a legit pin because He was OFFERED it in a trade and wanted to know if anyone knew about it, then it turned into a giant missunderstanding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back