• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Image limit in posts?

Image limit in posts?

Vixy

The Girl That's Never Been
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
Hello, I've been away for a while, now learning the new site. :)

I tried to edit the text on my pin board sales post, but could not save my edits. It appears there's a limit of 20 images per post. I wasn't adding images, but the existing post before the redesign already had more than 20. (They're thumbnails.)

Will I have to delete images from my post before I can edit the text?

Hello, I've been away for a while, now learning the new site. :)

I tried to edit the text on my pin board sales post, but could not save my edits. It appears there's a limit of 20 images per post. I wasn't adding images, but the existing post before the redesign already had more than 20. (They're thumbnails.)

Will I have to delete images from my post before I can edit the text?
Yes, I'm afraid so. :/

One workaround is to combine the different images into one with a program like photoshop or event paint.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I _can_ up the limit; any idea what it might have been before? a lot of settings didn't transfer over exactly since it's a different software.

I originally set it at 20 to keep page loads fast. But if it were up to maybe 25 or 30 before, then that's reasonable.

It's the second or third time it's been brought up, so I will look at upping the # of images per post.

I _can_ up the limit; any idea what it might have been before? a lot of settings didn't transfer over exactly since it's a different software.

I originally set it at 20 to keep page loads fast. But if it were up to maybe 25 or 30 before, then that's reasonable.

It's the second or third time it's been brought up, so I will look at upping the # of images per post.
If it helps I had around 35 in a single post and that loaded quite quickly (DLR pickups) but they were all really small ones so that might have effected it . I'm a normal month 20 should be okay for me , I can always use two posts though if necessary .
Just my personal opinion but I'd prefer keeping it low , and thus keeping it running smoothly as it's only pre-DPF 2.0 posts that are affected

After some thought, I'm not requesting that it be raised. I never knew there was a limit before, but I was just going to keep on adding thumbnails of pin boards as I made them, so I would have hit the limit sooner or later and had the same issue anyway. For me, at least, it's better if I change the way I'm doing this.

Back