• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is anyone still having problems with line returns/paragraphs in their posts?

Is anyone still having problems with line returns/paragraphs in their posts?

Trade Winds Pins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I know that some months ago, a lot of other people were having problems with creating new lines/paragraphs: hitting "enter" and nothing would happen. I ended up using my word processing system on my computer to type my post, then pasting it into my DPF post. I'd still have some problems with line spacing, but it was generally fixable. However, I still, after all these months, can't start a new paragraph by hitting "enter." I'm wondering if it's something here on DPF, or something in my settings here on DPF is not allowing me to space between paragraphs. Help...?

I think it's an IE10 problem, I don't have it in Firefox, and I have it in IE10 with other forums that are from vbulletin aswell.

Thanks everyone. I don't really understand what moorhunhe is saying (lol), but I know my husband will *Mr. Tech* and I'll ask him to interpret when he gets home. I get the gist of it, though. I will try to see if there's a difference on my husband's computer and/or if my husband can do something about it (Firefox downloaded--or is that uploaded--or something else). :rock:

I have the same problem with my laptop that is Windows 8 using Internet Explorer 10 but I don't have the problem when I use my iPhone.

See?
I could use another browser at home but it's easier to pick up my phone.

Thanks everyone. I don't really understand what moorhunhe is saying (lol), but I know my husband will *Mr. Tech* and I'll ask him to interpret when he gets home. I get the gist of it, though. I will try to see if there's a difference on my husband's computer and/or if my husband can do something about it (Firefox downloaded--or is that uploaded--or something else). :rock:

Which browser do you use?
If you use Internet Explorer 10, then you have the enter problem. I have this problems on several other forums too since explorer got updated from 9 to 10.

If you use firefox instead of explorer, then you won't have the problem ;)
(not sure about Chrome, Safari etc ...)

Yeah, I use to have that problem ALL the time when I used Internet Explorer. I switch to Google Chrome and I did not have the line return problem but I hated it. Now I use FireFox or Safari and I do not have the problem anymore. It use to be so annoying!

it's an known IE problem with vBulletin

there HAS been an update released, though, and we will be applying it to our own forum very soon! (probably over the weekend) -- there'll be a short interruption of accessibility, but it shouldnt be that bad (maybe 30 minutes to an hour of downtime at the most while we back up and update)

Thanks!

My laptop did some updates last night, and when he turned himself on again, and I tried internet, I got a new page saying "this is your new browser".

Apperently it has changed to IE 11, and now the enter-problem is also gone!

Okay, now I am able to hit "enter" and start a new line/paragraph, but when I am typing, I have to hit the keys very slowly, I can't type fast, or all of the letters won't appear. And I don't seem to be able to post photos now (no problems before). ARGH.

Try going into Settings. Under My Settings / My Account, click on General Settings. Go to Message Editor Interface and change from Enhanced Interface to Standard Editor.

I'm having that typing problem too now since it switched to 11.
Also, another problem with IE11 is you can't copy/paste links/text anymore! Not from notepad to a forum, not a URL to a forum, nothing!

*switches over to Firefox for good* I'm done defending IE -_-

Okay, I changed the setting--it seems to work as far as me being able to type normally now (I'll try popping pictures in another time). Thank you SO MUCH Steve! I really appreciate it!

Back