• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Is there a collection you would love to start, but are holding back from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my DLR trip I picked up some of the Fastpass and Ptn pins but after seeing swim2seas collection I think I may have to collect the WDW Ptn pins as well(I have one on the way) I am still resisting though and haven't put the rest of the series on my want list-yet. Seems a bit pointless as they are so similar to the DLR pins. Please someone help convince me!!

Many of my current collections started out as something I wasn't going to collect, haha. I was going to stick to only Sleeping Beauty. Currently, I would like to start a Pirates of the Caribbean (the ride, w/o Johnny Depp) collection, as it was always one of my favorite rides growing up. I'm waiting until I have gotten the majority of my Sleeping Beauty wants first to start yet another collection.

And I'm also going to start collecting the new Piece of Disney Disney movies pins, we'll see how that goes...

Oh my goodness, there are so, so many themes that are very tempting to collect! "The Lion King," "The Emperor's New Groove," certain segments of "Fantasia," "The Three Caballeros," "The Sword in the Stone"... I could go on. Do you see why I only let myself stick to one? :)

There are so many different collections I would love to start!

I am a big fan of the Jungle Cruise but to get all the pins ever made pertaining to that ride is something I don't have the strength for!

I would also LOVE to collect every single Gomes as well as the DA Masterpieces. Way too much money though.

The last thing that I would really like would be 'sexy Jessica'. She actually was a character I was originally collecting but there were just too many of her at the time and I wanted to focus on my Alice collection so I gave her up. There are so many out there that I think are beautiful and would love to own them. Such as:
pin33450
pin49011
pin43099
pin53738
pin53739
pin53741
pin57574
pin57577
pin66020

But I have to repeat to myself : "I am NOT starting another collection...I need to save my money!" Usually that doesn't work. haha :)

I don't think this thread was really healthy for me. :)

There are so many different collections I would love to start!

I am a big fan of the Jungle Cruise but to get all the pins ever made pertaining to that ride is something I don't have the strength for!

I would also LOVE to collect every single Gomes as well as the DA Masterpieces. Way too much money though.

The last thing that I would really like would be 'sexy Jessica'. She actually was a character I was originally collecting but there were just too many of her at the time and I wanted to focus on my Alice collection so I gave her up. There are so many out there that I think are beautiful and would love to own them. Such as:
pin33450
pin49011
pin43099
pin53738
pin53739
pin53741
pin57574
pin57577
pin66020

But I have to repeat to myself : "I am NOT starting another collection...I need to save my money!" Usually that doesn't work. haha :)

I don't think this thread was really healthy for me. :)

OMG, after aquiring Jessica dressed as Jasmine, I want more Jessica! D: She's just too fantastic. I love that most of her pins seem to be larger as well.

I really don't need to start another collection, but if i were to do it, it would be Maleficent. Yes I know she is a hard one to collect. I needed this thread like I need a hole in my head. Thanks alot....lol

I would like to start it with this one.....
pin73908th72

I really don't need to start another collection, but if i were to do it, it would be Maleficent. Yes I know she is a hard one to collect. I needed this thread like I need a hole in my head. Thanks alot....lol

I would like to start it with this one.....
pin73908th72
It is a beautiful pin, and a takeoff of this one:

pin50061

Pin 50061: DLR - Colors of Evil - Maleficent

whats the difference?
It was easier to send a photo of the pins. The top one is Pin 73908: DisneyStore.com - Jumbo Disney Villains Series - Maleficent. The bottom one is Pin 50061: DLR - Colors of Evil - Maleficent. The pin to the right is somewhat of a completer for 50061, Pin 50062: DLR - Rainbow Raven - Diablo. Hope this helps!

View attachment 2388

Sorry for going OT!!

Last edited:
I would like to start collecting Maleficent in Dragon form and Star Wars...I just need to win the lottery and then I can collect them all!!

SERIOUSLY, I wanted to do the EXACT same thing. Imagine a lanyard full of those kinds of pins!

Right-clicking the word doesn't give you any options?

Jessta,
Thank you, right-clicking does work! I just learned something new! And, we should collect butt pins! Booties unite!

Lately I have been really into this series:
Pin 63807: DisneyShopping.com - Horoscope Series

Seriously, someone tell me I don't need it. LOL

There are 3 Jessica sets I would love to have (Hollywood, Screen Legends, and the Jumbo Travel Series), but they are way too expensive to consider. View attachment 2368

RUN! Run as far and as fast as you can!!!!

On the other hand, you have excellent taste...they're some of my favorite pins. Maybe the pins will start dropping in price in the next few years...>.>

We keep going back and forth on the attraction poster series (both WDI and DLR ones)... We get a few, then trade them off, and repeat. Somewhat regretting being so far in to the Jessica in costume series, but more than 1/2 way there!

Gosh, where do I start? I think I would like to have more of a It's a Small World collection, but then I seem to be more focused on completing sets I already have. My boys have really wanting to do vinylmation and we keep picking some up here and there...I was trying to tell them the other day we don't need to start anything else and they said, "but mom, we already have almost 60!" Yeah, I guess we are collecting those now HA HA

On a "no way that's ever going to happen", I love the Sleeping Beauty pins I see everyone post. The colors just always seem to be so beautiful and the few collections I've seen people post just take my breath away. If I ever consider starting these, please someone point me back to this page! HA HA

Well since everyone knows I collect Maleficent pins and have a whole wall dedicated to her however I just started collecting the El Capitan Marquee Pins I got one in a trade and loved it now I have 10 of them but have many more to go ............ (sigh)

Well since everyone knows I collect Maleficent pins and have a whole wall dedicated to her however I just started collecting the El Capitan Marquee Pins I got one in a trade and loved it now I have 10 of them but have many more to go ............ (sigh)

Yeah...I thought about the El Capitan Marquee pins at one time too since there are a few I really like. But then I stopped myself because 1) I've never been there! lol I must have driven by it but didn't really notice it. and 2) There are some that I really wouldn't want....like Narnia.....I have no interest in it but would feel like I had to have it because it is part of the series.

I totally blame Tanya for this one, but Aurora pins have somehow started sneaking their way into my purchases/trades :lol:

And i'd love to start collecting some of the Tink/Jessica dressed as other characters. My mom adores Tink so I try and slip her a pin every once and a while :) although she recently saw my "Home Sweet Home" Beauty and the Beast DA pin that I was thinking of trading and quickly swiped it LOL...and she says she doesn't collect pins!

I totally blame Tanya for this one, but Aurora pins have somehow started sneaking their way into my purchases/trades :lol:

And i'd love to start collecting some of the Tink/Jessica dressed as other characters. My mom adores Tink so I try and slip her a pin every once and a while :) although she recently saw my "Home Sweet Home" Beauty and the Beast DA pin that I was thinking of trading and quickly swiped it LOL...and she says she doesn't collect pins!

It's Okay, Sleeping Beauty if a fabulous collection. But I will admit the new Jumbo you got makes me a little jealous! LOL

And just so you know, I blame you for the Chip and Dale pins I have added to my wants list! I see how cute all the ones in your signature are and think to myself "There must be other cute ones, let's go look . . . add, add, add, add, MUST HAVE, add etc. " haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back