• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Kiss DSF releases goodbye...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiss DSF releases goodbye...
As one of the old dizpin group who still is an UP completist who searched and searched to get up to date with UP pins this release is a nightmare for me. I have someone trying for me and Im hoping for the best but until Saturday Im going to be a nervous wreck. Ive not concentrated and put alot of money into these UP pins to fall at this release lol

I dont know if there are many of the old group of UP collectors left as when Dizpins went I think many just disappeared. lol

Nope. The few of us are still around. I think there are around 20 of us left? As posted earlier this post on both Forums, newbies/ebay callers and dumb DLR rumors made this release bad to worst.

This release is going to be worst than the DLR Sunday Piece of History Haunted Mansion!!!!!
Such a good idea should have been a Surprise Release in the first place.

Any other UP Compleatist acquire the RARE UP Japan Promo Pin. I have only seen 1 pin on its original backing card less than a year ago. Any other information about the pin please let he know. I WILL trade heavy for it!!!

Uh-oh.... we thought we had it bad already, check out this new announcement they just posted:

14bl3k3.jpg

How does one become a GOLD member?

Mental notes thinking out loud.

150 pins.

Roughly 70 Want on Pinpics

1 pin per person.

Among the 70 Wants - maybe 40% local?

Don't make this a madhouse. It's not an IPO for Facebook! Yes it will be a goo trader but not near the Value of the Original Grape Soda Pin ($80-$125)? Or the DSF UP Marquee ($150-$180)?

Please don't make this a mess. I only need my one set for my UP set.

Hey just thought, maybe everyone really wants the Lady and the Tramp Marquee??????

I want the Lady & the Tramp marquee!!! No way am I going down there to try to get one, but am hoping someone will be so kind to get me one, I will pay paypal up front or if I have anything anyone wants to trade?

So now will it be a stampede to line up at 11PM? I guess they figured to make everyone wait longer to give them their money.

I dont know how i feel about the new time - but i think it will easy things up a bit because now if you REALLY want them you are going to have o put in the time . . . .and yes changing the edition size to 300 would not have helped because the first 150 would have just bought two.

. .and yes changing the edition size to 300 would not have helped because the first 150 would have just bought two.

Unless they left the limit restriction to 1 of each per person. Or they could make the edition size 500 or more.

Of course if they just went with my Thunderdome suggestion...

Where is everyone going to be parking cause i dont think the parking lot across the street will be open and who wants to park their car on Hollyweird streets?

The Kodak structure is open 24 hours and like Grim said they validate. First four hours are free and the max for the day is $10.

Uh-oh.... we thought we had it bad already, check out this new announcement they just posted:

14bl3k3.jpg

OH MY GOD! I am shocked by that news. I cannot believe they would do that.

LOL @ both of you. At least you know there is interest now? ;)

And good luck to everyone who is going! Wishing you all the best!

Thanks to everyone's complaints, I now have no chance at getting this pin set. I mean, honestly, I really doubt people would get "hurt" over pins.

I am also confused as to why you no longer have a chance at getting this pin set. The only thing that they changed is what time you can start to line up at. I don't see how that eliminates someones chance at getting the pin set. Is it because you can not get there until later and assume there will be enough people to sell it out in line in front of you? If so, I don't see what has changed. There would still be the same amount of people there but at a later time that would have caused chaos trying to make an orderly line instantly.

I am really glad that Disney changed the time so that it will be better release for everyone in general. No 5am mob...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back