• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Love is an Adventure Trading Boards question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love is an Adventure Trading Boards question

Tds

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hi all- Excited about attending the love is an adventure event coming up for the first time.
The registration says that there are 4 vouchers given per day for the trading board games.
How do they generally work? Are there specific trading requirements (ie LE for LE)?
Appreciate the advice or any tips!

The boards are the things I'm the most excited about, so I'm happy to see threads about them! And to my understanding, we get 8 total "tabs" with our registration packet. Four for day 1, and four for day 2. Each tab constitutes one visit to the boards, where you can trade 2 pins. (So if you're planning on setting aside pins to trade at the board, put aside 18.) You can also see if anyone has unwanted tabs, and potentially trade for/use those. Be wary though, apparently lots of people just trade scrappers, which is disappointing. But just be careful when selecting your pins.

A minute sounds like forever for the boards! The DSF trade event time limit is 30 seconds.

I always scan over the board and put my finger next to a pin I either know I want right away or am interested in and keep scanning the rest of the board. That way I don't lose track of the pin I like, and if time runs out and I'm still looking I have at least one option.

I, too, put my finger on the pins I am considering when selecting pins from the big boards. The smaller boards provided fewer options but they still had some really nice pins.

The event cast members were really great with the countdown, too. They let you know when you have 30 seconds and 15 seconds left.

The trouble is the boards are pretty big and the pins are arranged haphazardly. Some are upside down and there is a glare from the spotlights. It is a good idea to point at a pin you might want, because once you take your eyes off of it, it may be hard to find again.

I thought the cast members check to make sure your pins aren't scrappers? I seem to remember reading it says the pins will be verified to make sure they are legit.

The boards are the things I'm the most excited about, so I'm happy to see threads about them! And to my understanding, we get 8 total "tabs" with our registration packet. Four for day 1, and four for day 2. Each tab constitutes one visit to the boards, where you can trade 2 pins. (So if you're planning on setting aside pins to trade at the board, put aside 18.) You can also see if anyone has unwanted tabs, and potentially trade for/use those. Be wary though, apparently lots of people just trade scrappers, which is disappointing. But just be careful when selecting your pins.

I thought the cast members check to make sure your pins aren't scrappers? I seem to remember reading it says the pins will be verified to make sure they are legit.

If that's the case, then I'm ecstatic! My impression came from watching vlogs/trip reports of previous pin trading events, in which there were complaints about the number of scrappers on the boards

Ah! Well, that means some scrappers could get through since they usually look legit.

How often do they refresh the boards with new pins? I guess it's also about timing to make sure you're in the front of the line when the boards open or are lucky enough to be there when they're refreshed. Are the boards open as soon as the event starts? Since I'm not setting up a table, would it make sense to go right to the board lines?

If they look, they look to see its a Disney character and there's a (c) Disney on the back

Wow, that's very frequent. If each person gets a minute and the boards are changed out every 30 minutes, it seems like even those who pick right before a board is refreshed will have a chance at something good.

I've gotten scrappers off the boards at the events. Stinks when you've waited an hour for the board and you traded something legit and wind up with a fake pin having "wasted" that entire trading turn. :( Especially now when you can only trade a limited amount of times.

I've gotten scrappers off the boards at the events. Stinks when you've waited an hour for the board and you traded something legit and wind up with a fake pin having "wasted" that entire trading turn. :( Especially now when you can only trade a limited amount of times.

This is why I avoid the boards altogether. There are more scrappers on them then authentic.

I know for last year's pin set (the Finding Dory one), there were six different stations around the trading area, with a scrambled word on each. They gave everyone a sheet and they had to unscramble the word and write it on the sheet. They brought that sheet to a table and got their pin set. I'm not sure if they'll do the same kind of game for this year or a different one.

I'm just excited to see what the pins for it are! I'm guessing it's either a Hercules set or different characters on a journey "going the distance" (like maybe Simba running through the desert to get back home).

ETA: Just got an email with final information for the event, and this was included:

"At World ShowPlace, there will be a Go the Distance Trading Challenge for attending Guests. As part of the activity, Guests will be provided with a complete set of pins upon turning in the “Trading Challenge” tab found on the coupon card, included with your event credential."

Last edited:
I know for last year's pin set (the Finding Dory one), there were six different stations around the trading area, with a scrambled word on each. They gave everyone a sheet and they had to unscramble the word and write it on the sheet. They brought that sheet to a table and got their pin set. I'm not sure if they'll do the same kind of game for this year or a different one.

I'm just excited to see what the pins for it are! I'm guessing it's either a Hercules set or different characters on a journey "going the distance" (like maybe Simba running through the desert to get back home).

Literally shaking with excitement. It's my first priority on Friday XD Please oh please oh please be a Herc through the years set...

I will legit cry if there's a pin of this:

94d8cf4eede995e93d6a485b02bca4af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Literally shaking with excitement. It's my first priority on Friday XD Please oh please oh please be a Herc through the years set...

I will legit cry if there's a pin of this:

94d8cf4eede995e93d6a485b02bca4af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I may just tag along with you to complete this challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back