• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
As Abu and Carpet survey the area they float past the sand pit area of the boneyard. As they pass by Abu thinks he sees something out of place and directs Carpet towards it. As he gets closer he can see what looks like a green stick poking out of the sand. Once they are low enough, Abu hops off and goes to pull the stick out. Expecting it to just come out he is surprised when he is met with resistance. Tugging harder, Abu pulls out a very dead and very stiff Rex. He's obviously been dead long enough for Rigormortis to set in.

Last edited:
*Still searching the area, Chessie glances down and notices Mike waving at him. He waves back and grins in response, meaning it to be friendly ... however his grin always is a bit disconcerting, even when he doesn't mean it to be. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees King Louie get off the Primeval Whirl and bolt to the bathroom. Suddenly he sees Abu and Carpet head toward the sand pit and pull out what looks like a ... dead dinosaur. Chessie disappears and reappears in the sand pit, joining Abu and Carpet.*

Last edited:
Basil looks at the recently deceased dinosaur and ponders the irony of being buried amongst the bones of his far-distant relatives. He notices that others are tending to the body of the gentle giant so he begins to search the immediate area.

As he scans the grains of sand, something catches his eye. He trains his hand lens on something very faint, sticking out of the sand. He dons his gloves, reaches out and carefully plucks out a single, blackish-gray hair. Seeing nothing else in that particular area, he quickly takes it over to the other detectives.

"Everyone! I believe I have found another clue." He shows everyone the hair and proceeds to bag it.

Last edited:
pascal is wondering what kind of hair it might be. Pascal gets his micro detective box to find his magnifining glass to look for clues.

Last edited:
Pluto is stunned to see Rex in among the bones of the graveyard. Although fitting that he would die with his ancestors he doesn't understand why he needed to be harmed. Hearing Basil call out he runs over to take a sniff of the hair before he bags it to see if he can pick up any scents.

*Chessie is staring at Abu, who still is holding poor Rex in his hands.*

Chessie (softly, to nobody in particular): 'Well, if nothing else, it certainly is appropriate to find a deceased dinosaur in the boneyard ... .'

*Chessie might have been about to say more, but he is interrupted by Basil, who announces that he might have found another clue. Chessie looks over at the Mouse, who is holding, and proceeding to properly bag, a single blackish-gray hair.*

Chessie (a bit louder than before, but to nobody in particular): 'The shading of the hair is most interesting ... blackish-gray ... . The question that remains is: should we be seeing things not in terms of black or white but in shades of gray?'

Abu decides to perform a cursory exam on Rex to look for clues before he is taken away. After checking all his claws and especially his mouth and not turning anything up, Abu is satisfied that there is nothing on him. Pausing to rest Abu catches a glint out of the corner of his eye and immediately runs over to investigate.

Tink watches as abu gets to where King louie was pointing and finds rex amongst his relatives from long ago. then basil finds a hair. Things are happening fast now! wait there goes abu again, I wonder what he is up to now??

Basil finishes bagging the hair and hands it to one of Louie's assistants to have it expedited to the lab. He notices that something has caught Abu's attention and watches closely as he races towards it. He hopes it's another clue.

*Chief Louie finally gets himself together and arrives at the scene. He hears the news about the hair that was found. He then takes out a large thermometer to take the dead dinos body temp to determine a time of death.*

"Ok everyone. Hmmm....this is strange. according to the temp. Rex's death actually happened before Simba's death. I need to get this information to the DFI lab right away. I will also take the hair with me and while I am there I will get an update on the evidence we have already turned in. while I'm gone let's close off this area. The DINO Institute nearby has agreed to loan us a conference room. I suggest going over there and getting your thoughts and clue lists in order."

*With that Chief Louie leaves the group, trusting the to proceed forward.*

Last edited:
Abu reaches the area where he saw the glint. He madly grabs and flings handfuls of sand as he tries to uncover the item he thought he saw. With each second that ticks by, Abu becomes increasingly frantic and flings the sand further and faster. Reaching the bottom of the area he was searching, Abu looks up and crazily spins around trying to see if he missed the spot.

Hearing that Rex's death happened before Simba's starts to make Pluto even more worried. If they were able to keep his body hidden for so long who's to tell how many more have fallen that we just haven't found yet. He decides to head over to the DINO institute to start gathering his thoughts.

Tink looks up from her search for more clues to see a still slightly green Louie take the temp of poor rex. when he said that Rex had been dead since before simba she starts to get a bit worried. once Louie says the crime scene has been secured and to meet up at the Dino institute, she flies on over there for some rest and to go over the clues.

The area seemed quiet outside the boneyard for awhile, and then several detectives came bustling out headed towards the Dino institute. He hears that Rex has been found, along with a hair, and that the spacey monkey is on the hunt for something.... shiny. The owl rolls his eyes and heads over to the institute.

*OOC - Amazing how sale threads can devour your time! I should be able to reach the post count at least. Still more time!

Eeyore sees that Abu is frantically digging, looking for something, and decides to go help him dig, wondering what shiny thing it is that they're looking for.

Figment is dismayed that Rex has been found and shocked that he died before Simba.

"I think we need to regroup and try to sort out our timeline."

With that Figment heads for the conference room.

Pascal is shocked with this new information. He decideds to join back with mike to help close off the area with the other detectives.

Figment ponders the situation. Speaking to no-one is particular.

"I wonder if Rex accidentally stumbled across something he shouldn't have or if he was involved and killed to keep his mouth shut?"

Pluto finaly joins up with mike and pascal affter he was bombarded with kids. Pascal asks mike to ask pluto if he found anything out talking to all the children.

pascal thinks the children must have rubbed him to hard on the head as he seems to be disorianted. pascal askes mike to to get him some water.

Mike warks over to a nearby nacho wagon and buys a bottle of still water for $2.80. The cast member is wearing a lanyard so Mike puts pascal on the counter to trade a few more of his mini pins!

pascal is so happy that mike lets him trade with the cast member again. once he finished his trades he pops back on mike and heads back to pluto with the water. by this time the other detectives around pluto making sure he is alright. Mike and Pascal decide to make sure that the crime sceen is cordend off.

Back