• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS

MG1:Animal Kingdom/TREE OF DEATH--GAME BEGINS
Figment sees that some of the other detectve are still finding time for pin trading.

"Hey guys! I know we all enjoy the hobby but we do have a killer to catch. I'm sure once we solve this case therewil be plenty of time for trading."

*Chessie looks up from watching Basil as Abu suddenly makes a mad dash for an area of sand and starts digging like his life depends upon it. Chessie's grin fades slightly in puzzlement; he can't quite figure out what Abu saw that would make him dig, but his grin broadens again as he guesses that it's probably something shiny. Chessie's attention is drawn away by King Louie, who suggests that they meet in the DINO Institute's conference room and get on the same page.*

Chessie: 'If you are finished playing around, I think King Louie wants us at a meeting ... .'

*Chessie sketches another door and opens it, this one leading directly into the conference room.*

Pascal, mike and pluto follow Chessie's order and head directly towards the conference room. Mike looks at pascal in a telling of kind of way and makes him swear to no more pin trading until it quiets down.

Whilst waiting for the other detectives to congregate at the conference rooms. Mike allows Pascal one more trade with an over keen Cast Member. 'This is your last one buddy!'

'Where is everyone?' Mike asks.

Aurora with the assistance of a CM finally breaks away from the tourists and makes her way to the graveyard just in time to see Rex found. She can't believe that Rex maybe the first victim . Wow the CM's in this park must really not pay much attention to this park of the park. Aurora does ponder out loud to no one inparticular "Hmmmm Rex is one of Andy's toys so how did he end up over here."

Aurora listens to King Louie as he takes the new clue to the lab. Aurora thinks that going to the conference room is an excellent idea as she really wants a glass of water and a chance to process the clues.

Basil starts to head over to where Abu is frantically digging when he sees Chessie dash over to assist. When nothing is found, Basil grins wryly to himself and turns to walk over to the DINO Institute building. He lights his pipe and ponders all that has transpired up to this point. For once he is glad to walk instead of zipping about through the air. It will give him time to gather his thoughts before the meeting.
images

*As the detectives start going through the 'door' that Chessie created to the conference room, he decides not to wait for everyone and goes ahead and joins the detectives already there. He has arranged that the 'door' only will recognise and permit detectives through and will close when after everyone has joined them. Disappearing and reappearing in a chair at the table, Chessie looks at the detectives already there and decides to start the meeting.*

Chessie: 'Okay ... we need to sort out what we know from what we don't know and what we'd like to know ... taking care not to confuse what we think with what we know. The last thing we learned was that the killer isn't always human ... but does that mean that she is human some of the time or human none of the time?'

*Chessie settles back, grinning, waiting for the responses from those present.*

Entering the conference room, Basil decided to take a place on the table as sitting in one of the chairs would make conversation with the others difficult due to his small stature. He begins to share some of his thoughts.

"The variety of clues, of course, suggests (at the minimum) three different beings at the different crime scenes. The patch of fur would suggest a beast. The feather, a member of the bird family. The patch of black cloth indicates clothing, which could suggest a human. The hair I just found could also point to a human. We are either dealing with the coordinated effort of a group, or possibly the work of a single shape-shifter."

Last edited:
Tink joins in and adds her 2 cents: The killer is female that much is sure but not allways human meaning is human but can change to an animal or is an animal or mammal, or fish or is 1/2 human 1/2 something else. the fur, feather and the hair gooing on past history are not directly from the killer but belong to things, persons around her. that much we know about the killer.
Rex died fisrt before simba, so was simba killed maybe because he saw something and kiera did too but is in hiding?? that could make sense.

Eeyore listens to Basil as he runs through the clues so far.

"So assuming it IS more than one person (creature?) doing this, is just the main killer female? Alternately, if it only the killer, do we know of any shape-shifters?"

*King Louie walks into the DFI lab and hands over the latest evidence. One of the techs runs over and hands Chief a printout. and picture. It is an update analysis of the fur that was found. King Louie texts Chessie with a message.*

CHESSIE YOU COOL CAT..I HAVE AN UPDATE AND AM ON MY WAY TO THE DINO INSTITUTE. KEEP ALL THOSE THERE THERE AND THOSE THAT AREN'T I HOPE THEY ATLEAST KEEP THEIR HEADS.

*Chessie's phone rings, indicating a text message from King Louie. He quickly reads it and texts back in the affirmative.*

Chessie (addressing those in the room): 'King Louie is on his way and he has an update for us. But in the meantime ... .'

*Chessie pauses for a second before switching back to the conversation about the clues.*

Chessie: 'Basil, your observations concerning the sources of each of the clues are valid, but what makes you so sure that every clue will directly correspond to the killer? Have you not considered the possibility that there is just one killer, who may or may not be a shapeshifter, and the clues either will point directly to her or someone closely associated with her, like a friend or family member?'

*Chessie pointedly looks at Basil and Eeyore before expanding his glance to include the rest of the detectives in the room.*

Basil turns to Chessie and answers, "We can assume that the killer, or killers as it may, were present at each of the crime scenes during the murder. If the clues that we found came from a source close to the murderer, then that still fits in with the "coordinated group theory" I presented earlier." He pauses for a moment while taking a puff from his pipe. "There is, however, another possibility. The killer planted the evidence in an attempt to throw us off."

Aurora takes her seat in the conference room and ours herself a glass of water and says "It seems like we have a lot of clues that seem to lead to more questions. Are we looking for A KILLER or KILLERS? Also wouldn't the clues have to belong to the killer or the killers accomplices which is how they end up at our crime scenes? What is interesting to me is that I was hoping to see a pattern with the killers victims but with Rex being a victim it throws me way off!" "Also I am wondering hoiw long Rex was there before Simba was murdered - could there be more victims between those two?"

"But more important than the actual number of idividuals involved is the motive. So far, we've found the cryptic message from the Yeti of an impending war. We also have a slain king which fits into that theory. We've lost two of own, which is logical. But to dispose of a non confrontational dinosaur does not make sense unless he knew or witnessed something the killer did not want him to know or see. I also worry about Kiara's safety and wonder how she fits into all of this."

*Chessie had been reclining in his chair and listening to Basil and Aurora chat, a grin on his face. He now sits up and rejoins the conversation.*

Chessie: 'Can we really assume anything at all? If we make too many assumptions, we'll start adding evidence and complicating the case where it need not be complicated. But if we make no assumptions at all, we'll get absolutely nowhere.'

*Chessie sits back and checks the time on his phone, wondering how much longer it'll take King Louie to get here; he's very curious what that update is.*

OOC: What I was trying to tell you in my post prior to this one, through Chessie, is that there is only ONE killer - and with one disastrous exception, there always has been only has been one killer as long as the games have been around (and this goes back to when they were introduced on Dizpins). If this game had multiple killers, the rules would have informed us of this fact. Furthermore, not all of the clues will come directly from the killer. Some of the clues will come from someone who can be associated with the killer ... say a friend, a family member, or a pet. For example, say that the killer is Aladdin ... one of the clues might be a piece of white fabric (from his outfit as Prince Ali, which would be direct), but an example of an indirect clue could be fur (monkey fur from Abu or tiger fur from Rajah) or a feather (from Iago). Just because the clues COME from other characters does NOT mean that those characters are involved ... it's what everything adds up to that gives you the killer's identity.

"Chessie has an excellent point. We really need a bit more to go on. Hopefully Louie will bring us some information that will help shed more light on our first clue."

OOC - Sorry. This is my first murder mystery, so I'm still trying to figure out the intricacies of it all. :hs: I appreciate the insight and the help. :)

louie8.gif

*King Louie finally walks into the Dino institute. He has shed the uncomfortable Man Clothes and is singing*

EVERYBODY GATHER ROUND IHAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU
IT HAS TO DO WITH THE COLOR OF OUR VERY FIRST CLUE
THEY WASHED THE BLOOD MOSTLY OFF AND FOUND OUT MORE TO SHARE
IT SEEMS THE FUR IS MOSTLY WHITE AND DEFINITELY IS NOT HAIR
oHHH SHOO BEE DOO..

*detectives look at Louie like he has gone crazy*

"Ok this is what I know. DNA from the blood matched Simba and Simba only. The lab Techs cleaned off the blood as much as possible and found out the fur seems to be white. They have yet to determine a species, but have promised to keep me up to date.Ok now let's talk about what we have... I think what Chessie is trying to say is that some of these clues might from transference from those around our killer.Here is a icture of the fur cleaned up a bit."

faux-polar-bear-accent-pillow.jpg

OOC* For the rookies here...feel free to ask questions...lot's of your fellow detectives have lot's of experience and I will answer things as best I can as long as it doesn't give info directly about the killer.

Figment is glad we now have some info from the lab.

"So the fur was white. Hmmm.. quite a muted colour pallet so far."

Not seeing any other glints nearby, Abu widens his search area until finally, almost magically, a shiny new quarter is found! Abu examines it carefully and while not a major treasure, Abu is happy enough to stuff it into a pocket inside his vest. Now feeling hungry, Abu leaps through Chessie's "portal" at the chance to get some food. Carpet has no choice but to follow as the little hairball left without so much as a wave to come along.

Pluto is getting worried that he may not have the smarts to figure this all out. Hopefully with help from the other detectives we could all figure this thing out together.

Back