• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
ooc...that is a fair ? ~~ mainly that skill comes with time and playing games over and over. however maybe i can help a little and im sure the vets can add to this. direct clues such as the fur and feather can be found posted by anyone but come directly from me. i usually confirm them in some way soon after they are posted. sometimes clues get mixed up with info and i do my best to get them back on track. for examplethere has been confusion about the feather not belonging to a bird that can be found in the park and i never said that. what i said was that it did not match other samples but a sample from every bird in mk was not taken to the lab.
now about subtle or hidden clues~~ they are always posted by me. i have even been known to hide the killers name in my posts. again this will come with exxperience. hope this helps~if ur not sure feel free to ask one of the veterans.

Abu and Carpet have been happily floating along the parade route and waving at all the guests when they hear some sort of commotion from in front of them. As they glide closer they can see that some sort of accident has happened and several detectives are milling around and looking at the ground. Abu urges Carpet to go over the group so they can see. Abu is saddened to see a somewhat squished Belle in the road with tire marks all over her pretty dress. Abu then hears Scar's commands and gratefully ducks inside to dry out as he more resembles something the cat dragged in than a monkey.

Tink looks up as scar tell everyone to get inside and gratefully flies inside and looks for something to dry off with. she wonders if the killer was remotely operating the car as she didnt see any evidence of lines cut or a bomb there. she is having a hard time waiting for the verdict from the crew at the scene.

Toad and crew pull up and park under the awning next to the City Hall. Oddly enough, they don't break anything in the process. They hop out, shake off the rain, and head inside with the other detectives. Toad thinks that he needs to rethink the clues, that somehow, he's missed something.

During the storm, DSI Crews frantically try to process the scene before anything can be removed. While the rain makes no difference to him, Ghost Chip heeds Chief Scar judgment and follows him and the other detectives toward City Hall. As Chip heads inside one of the guest relations host leads all of them to the second floor Meeting room, equipped with leather chairs and a central table, the windows showcasing town square.
Chief Scar takes a seat at the head of the table, and motions for the other detectives to do the same.

Iago doesn't mind the rain, but all the same, being inside with the other detectives is preferable. He feels badly about not having contributed anything to solving the mystery yet, but he's ready to help sort things out. He's surprised that Chessie is not more upset about the rain: don't cats hate being wet?

After she has gathered all the guests to the nearest exit, Kevin hears Scar tell everyone to meet and city hall. She waves goodbye to the guests and starts heading over to city hall. When she arrives she notices she is the last one to get there and tries to sneak in without being noticed. She gives a little shake to dry herself off narrrowingly missing getting other people wet again.

She begins to think about the clues and tries to think more and more about who it might be.

Aurora collects herself and heads into city hall. She finds a bench and sits down. She is finding it hard to piece together clues when she is so distraught over the deaths of her friends. But she knows that she needs to pull herself together. She asks the cm's in city hall for a glass of water. Aurora pulls out her notebook to start reviewing the clues.

*OCC - Kaa hypnotizing me was nit a clue. Also Lucan told me he didn't falsly accuse anyone he just had to bow out because he is moving.

Rafiki finishes reassuring the guests who were in the car and questioning them. He then thanks them for their time and joins the other detectives in City Hall.

Maybe we should go over the clues that we know and see what else we can work out. This monster really needs to be stopped.

Rafiki then decides to meditate to see what else he can work out while in his trance. Finding a quiet corner Rafiki settles down and relaxes his mind.

*Now completely dry and happy to be so, Chessie looks up from his notes as more detectives have joined him in City Hall. The Cat has notes that everyone has pulled out his or her notepad, but seems strangely reluctant to work together to share thoughts on this matter.*

Chessie: It's getting to the point where we either can work together or we can die together ... it's your choice. We need to figure out what we know, what we don't know, what we need to know ... but also what we should know, because it's obvious that we're missing some things here.'

*Chessie sits back, grinning, giving the air of someone who really doesn't care one way or the other. Several of the detectives look at him, trying to decipher if he really cares; the Cat just grins back mysteriously.*

Aurora still being a rookie has not picked up on anything other than the clues bluntly found. So upon reviewing her notes it seems to be the same list that has been gone over again and again. She wishes she knew if the killer is human. She also wishes she knew if the killer is animated or not. Aurora thinking about the current crime scene wonders is Luigi has found out anything about the car.

ooc...Kaa DID make a false accusation. I dont have my notes here on the train and cant remember the name but it was the villain from Resuers Down Under.

Rafiki deep in meditation and while in a trance is going over the clues in his head. Blue fabric, feather, gold thread, brown fur, white hair.... how are these linked. Getting deeper into his trance, he starts to see colours then his mind goes blank. Time to get back to the real world.

Rafiki comes out of his trance and asks the others if they have found. Anyone working out where the killer is from? This killer is a tricky one. Mmm need to work this out.

Rafiki deep in meditation and while in a trance is going over the clues in his head. Blue fabric, feather, gold thread, brown fur, white hair.... how are these linked. Getting deeper into his trance, he starts to see colours then his mind goes blank. Time to get back to the real world.

Rafiki comes out of his trance and asks the others if they have found. Anyone working out where the killer is from? This killer is a tricky one. Mmm need to work this out.

OOC Sorry just realised double post, not sure what happened there.

Last edited:
Entering the structure, Abu and Carpet both do their best to dry out instead of driping all over the place. Abu looks around for something to either eat or occupy his time. Seeing nothing interesting or exciting, Abu finds a quiet spot and goes through his "tips" from the parade. Finding that one guest gave him an entire wallet, he takes that over to guest services and turns it in before returning to his spot and sorting the rest.

Dodo gathers with the rest of the detectives at City Hall, glad to be out of the rain and drying off a bit. He notices that everyone is milling about and pulling notes, papers, books, pens, pencils from pocket and packs. Must be time to compare notes. He finds a dry place and rummages through his pockets to get all his notes together. He is thankful that there are so many experienced detectives in this group and hopes they can help him sort through all the clues.

He takes a moment to reflect on the loss of Belle. Sad, another princess gone in a flash. At this rate if we don't find the killer soon, they won't be any princesses left at Disney. What a depressing thought. He shakes his head to clear it and water flies everywhere. Perhaps he should have done that BEFORE he took out his notes.

**OOC I have printed out all 300+ pages and am reviewing them. I have to take hubby back to the doctor so I'll be gone most of the day. I'm trying to keep up but life keeps getting in my way:)

OOC* I will post a long post before I go to bed. The wife needs the PC for now to get ready to apply for a new job. My suggestion is to list what you think are clues (in character) as discussing with others. I will do something that I don't usually do. In character (as Scar) I will confirm or dismiss what I can as clues. Also consider the notes that have been found...do they have any meaning. I will also reaffirm a subtle hint that I mentioned in character earlier. I usually don't do this during games, but want to help rookies. Finally before I go to ZZZZZzzzzland tonight an easy trivia will be asked.

MPH sits in city hall with the other detectives. He can't come up with any hidden clues off the top of his head. He then remembers something "in one of the notes the killer used 'ten' instead of 'then,' but I shrugged it off. I wonder if that means anything." MPH sees if he can find a copy of that note somewhere.

Iago, pretty good with word games, is quite befuddled by this murder-mystery, but he understands the importance of solving it expeditiously. He's all ears and feathers waiting for the clues to become clearer. He finds a pad and pen and is ready for info.

Kevin thought she was good at solving mysteries as he does like those on TV but they do make it look easy :/ better get her thinking cap on and to think she had a suspect a while ago but she didnt want to say anything till she had more proof but thinks that fell through...

kevin talks to the group

*hmmm.. we know that there are 2 males and one has white hair and brown fur...but is the white hair classed as human hair, or just a single strand of say animal hair??? as that may help to determine whether this male is human, primate i.e close relative to human..animal as it is hard to find a connection to the 2 I thought I had a suspect but is still unclear till we can get proper information on what the white hair exactly is as it seems strange a suspect can have both white hair AND brown fur...

or have I missed some discussion to what the connection is??*

She sits down after making her thoughts known and waits to see what other people think..

Last edited:
scar02.gif

*Scar settles down in the conference room and listens as the detectives begin discussing clues. He hopes to clear things up for everyone.*

thumbnailCAN04741.jpg

thumbnailCAN0NNXW.jpg

thumbnailCAF8KUNS.jpg

thumbnailCAT0VQ7U.jpg

thumbnailCAI2TXKT.jpg

thumbnailCAA6X62T.jpg

thumbnailCA2WXTXZ.jpg

thumbnailCAUZA6F5.jpg

thumbnailCAE2WPBN.jpg

thumbnailCA2ZXDNA.jpg

thumbnailCALK9CD7.jpg

*Some of the detectives look happy to be there, while others don't

SCAR"Ok let's talk this out.---Confirmed clues...

FEATHER--covered with blood...no matter how much they clean it, it still looks red--DNA unknown at this time
BLACK HAIR--DNA shows it comes from a male---non asian but doesn't match DNA of fur or white hair---species not determined as of yet
WHITE HAIR--BROWN FUR---DNA male--Do not match Black hair--species not determined as of yet
BLUE CLOTH--what kind of cloth yet to be determined
GLINT OF LIGHT OFF SHINY SURFACE--probable metal, but not confirmed

What else?"* MPH mentions a mispelled part of the note..SCAR: "Probably just a mistake. Typo of some sort."

SCAR* "Let's remember the fact that I have heard the killer's voice. I did not recognize it. I would be willing to bet that the killer is no one I know personally."

"Any more?"

OOC* I will only clear things up until we leave city hall --then you are back to being on your own. I will not answer questions about things that have not been revealed yet.*

TRIVIA CHANCE* This is an easy one and you don't have to search the web at al. It has already been revealed in the game.l.. WHAT ARE MY DAUGHTER'S FAVORITE DISNEY CHARACTERS?

MPH to the group. We know that the killer wasn't know until recently. i don't remember the year, though. But I thought we found out he was not seen until after 1984, or something like that. Does anyone recall that?

Also, I would suggest that Scar not recognizing the voice of the killer probably means they, no he, wasn't in The Lion King.

Back