• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
*Just as sudden as the storm started it stops.*
SCAR: "Typical day in Florida for this time of year. Ok this meeting is over. I'm on my way over to the raceway to see what has been found out about the GMs car. You can join me or stay here. It's up to you."
*Scar leaves and heads for Tomorrowland. *

The sun shines through the window, bringing in an eerie tension considering all that has transpired the past several days. It does no good finding Chip's murderer haunting City Hall and follows Chief Scar out.

OOC-Traveling to WDW so phone typing is tedious.

Last edited:
*OOC - I would like the question to be if the character is a "in real life" character, or an "animated" character. I know Stef has some special wording on that question so we don't ask it incorrectly, wunna help out with that Chesh?

*OOC2 - I know Aurora, just posting in character :)

OOC: Are you asking me or Chessie on this? lol The real life/animated question has provided no sense of confusion in too many games because the question had been badly/vaguely phrased ... and Wally just answers questions the way they are asked. But if you're going to ask if the character is real life or animated, I would recommend providing a definition of animated in the question itself - otherwise 'animated' can mean as opposed to a live action character, alive, or lively/energetic ... and it will be up to Wally to interpret the definiton as he sees fit and we'll never know which definition he used unless we use another question to get him to clarify that meaning. I would ask the question along the lines of: 'Pursuant to the definition of animation pertaining to the Golden Globe Awards's criteria for the category of Best Animated Film, is the killer animated?'

From above and below the assembled detectives comes an cold breeze,the lights around them flicker, go out, and then return lower................. and a distant voice; frightning and yet singsong ... familiar yet changed somehow....

"Sssilly novicesss, you have cluesss but no resssolutionsss... The feather , the firssst clue.. why it isssnt itsss origin known? Becaussse we did not bring the lab ratsss the right feather to compare it too!!
The damn invisssible cat hasss it right!! Follow the cluesss!! Find the feather? Find the Blue cloth, Find the gold thread? While early ssstill isss true....Finding thisss, may lead the killer to you.?"damn now Im rhyming like him too!!
There isss plenty of time to find the anssswersss if you work asss a team? Why not have chesssie measssure the feather and then bring the lab back only the ones that meet its specific size<reducing your number of sssusspectsss> meanwhile Anton or Dodo can locate all sssamplesss of blue cloth that match apparently the one found,and have Frog and hissss ilk work on collecting sssampless of thread agan to match the oness found.Without knowing where or who owns these itemss you will be forever in the dark, while not really that bad itsss ssstill way tooo cold for thisss reptile, but I digresss.. Thisss will sssstill leave ssseveral of you tooo follow current cluesss and to keep chief kitty kat from tripping over hisss own behemoth pawsss. Thossse gathering comparative data will of courssse help thossse collecting current data and vissse versssa.....

Or you could continue to work alone..............In which cassse........ I will be here waiting................Sssilly novicesss"

The voice is almost gone, when all, but especially a certain blonde...hears" When you wisssh apon a ssstar" ............. and then its gone....

ooc-my guess was Percival leach from Rescuers- my removal from the game is due to FINALLY closing on a house. and now having less than two weeks to collapse a house!! Fear not before his demise Kaa sent a special text to a friend for the next round!

Last edited:
Kevin stills sits in the corner of the room listening to everyones statements about clues and who the murderer might be when the unthinkable happens...she fell asleep..

She wakes up to find the rain has given up and the sun is coming out and so see's the back end of scar leaving city hall and thinks I will follow suit in a moment once I have strected my legs..

She emerges from City Hall and after a moment of just standing there to get her legs into gear she heads off to follow scar...

*Chessie pauses in the analysis of the suspect pool as Scar cuts in to announce that he is heading over to the raceway in Tomorrowland. Curious as to why the lion would want to get wet, the Cat looks outside and sees that, true to typical Florida weather, it has stopped raining almost as abruptly as it started. Before any of the detectives could move, the Ghost of Kaa appears and strongly recommends working together before whispering 'Wish Upon a Star' and sending Aurora tumbling to the floor, fast asleep. Grinning at the potential chaos, the Cat debates following Scar to Tomorrowland or remaining here until after Aurora wakes.*

Dodo wakes up to the bright sunshine, typical Florida weather, stretches and yawns. Oh my, what kinks I have in my neck, and my vest is slightly wrinkled from the rain. I must get up and find some breakfast and coffee and start the day. Dodo takes his list than everyone has helpfully modified and folds them neatly. He puts them back in his vest pocket.

Shaking off his jacket, he dons it along with his hat in preparation of the new day. New day, new clues sings Dodo. He is quite happy with himself. Suddenly he feels a chill in the room and then hears the voice of Kaa. Yes, thinks Dodo, he is a wise snake and we must follow his advice. I don't know about the rest of the detectives, but I'm not particularly fond of the dark and to be forever in the dark..... Dodo is unaware that Kaa's words are an alliteration and he won't really be in the dark.

He then notices that the rest of the detectives are gathering up their meger belongings and heading out of City Hall. Wonder where they are going? Dodo stops Chessie just before he disappears and ask where he is supposed to go. "While following Scar would be helpful" says the cat, "one can only go where one want to go." He then fades away to just a smile and the in the blink of an eye, he is gone.

Dodo summons his transport and sets out to follow the great Lion anywhere he may lead. Well, almost anywhere thinks Dodo. While sitting on his transport drinking coffee and eating a Danish, he thinks over the words of Kaa. Measure the feather, find the cloth, match the thread. Good ideas and we should get to work on those, right after breakfast. After all, it is the most important meal of the day.

Last edited:
Abu's efforts are in vain as the giant bird has fallen asleep and comepltely ignores him when she wakes up. Giving up Abu goes back to his corner and collects as his baubles. Hearing that the rain has stopped, Abu dashes for the doors, excited to escape the stuffy room. Abu makes a beeline for the nearby bakery as he knows they carrry fresh bananas.

Tink wakes up in time to see scar leave the room and finds out from the others where he is off to. I dont know about the others but i need some coffee and flies off to the coffee shop to obtain some before heading over to meet up with scar to hopefully get more info on the backlogged items at the lab and the garage.

Dodo passes the bakery and decides to swing in for a coffee refill and another pastry. While in line he notices that several of the other detecitves are also in the bakery and all seem to be as tired as he is. When his turn to order comes, he decides to get several pastries and proceeds to stuff them in his pockets. One never knows when one might get to eat again and this could come in handy. Dodo takes his coffee (extra large) and one of the pastries and heads outside to this transport. Deciding the polite thing to do is offer something to the assistant and the bird transport, he breaks a pastry in half and gives part to each of them. Thanking him profusely, they all head off to the transportation center to meet Scar.

Iago reads over Dodo's fascinating list along with Anton's notes, and starts wondering to himself (not aloud, as people would look at him strangely), what if the killer is not someone but something? What else could have a collection of hairs, feathers, and perhaps even metal on it? Could Apu's Magic Carpet have villainous tendencies? It knows magic, and therefore could control a car remotely...

Ah, Iago figures he's just being a birdbrain and squelches this thought as he smells the aroma of fresh brewed hot chocolate, one of his favorites.

He soars out of City Hall and follows the bunch down main street. As he hears the music piped in from hidden speakers along the facades, he has no trouble remembering why he left the wild for his home here at the Magic Kingdom.

He makes a mental note to check on his girls in the Tiki Room: Suzelle gets upset when Iago disappears for more than a day.

100_8043.jpg

*Arriving at the Tomorrowland Speedway, Scar heads towards the pit area. He spots Guido taking apart the GMs car.*

110721_big1.jpg

*He then walks over to Luigi to get an update.*

luigi_real-1.jpg

In an Italian accent...Luigi...
"Well Scar we have disassembled the car and reassembled it twice and just as I expected there was nothing wrong with the mechanics of the car. I knew that before U asked. I mean I am in charge of all cars here in WDW. I can also clearly sy it was not the driver's fault. From the brake pads we were able to determine she applied the brakes as hard as she could in an attempt to stop. She also burned out the emergency brake. I feel she did everything she could to prevent the accident. I can't explain why the accident happened. It seems the car was controlling itself. There were no signs of any fowl play, so please tell Ms. Tink that she didn't miss anything. Also not a single clue as to who did this. No fibers, no prints...nothing. The only thing we found out of place was a note in the dashboard, but I can't figure out what it means...Here." *Luigi hands the note to Scar who looks at it closely.*

NOTE:

I'M NOT USUALLY CONSIDERED TO BE SO BAD
IN FACT IT ALL MAKES ME SAD
IT SEEMS MY METHODS ARE OUTDATED
BUT WITH JADIS It COULD BE RELATED
ANOTHER PRINCESS SOON TO DIE
BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THE REASON WHY
BRING ME THE STATUE OF THE SNOWQUEEN
OR ONCE AGAIN I'LL TURN MEAN

OOC* The yes/no question needs to be asked soon

Last edited:
Iago, paying complete attention to word games, wonders if the line "...but with Jadis it could be related" means that the killer is someone related to Jadis? Unfortunately, he's never seen the movie so he can't guess, but perhaps one of the more worldly detectives can come up with a family tree. Mmmmmm, hot chocolate and cinnamon buns; too bad he's watching his waistline! He doesn't want to end up as the entree at Kentucky Fried Parrott.

Tink hears luigi tell scar they couldnt find anything but a note and listens as the note is read. hmmmm it seems the killer is not a villian. tink crosses villians off her suspect list. she ponders over the rest of the note. she feels better about the car search, that she didnt miss something. but why would a car operate itself? and how?

*Scar shows the note to those that have chosen to follow him to the raceway.* " This case just gets stranger and stranger."

OOC*Unfortunately it is getting late here and I am falling asleep at the keys. The good news is tomorrow I have a half day off so maybe can get some posts in. as it stands now this will give a few time to catch up. Also one detective did not make the post count.

Last edited:
MPH follows Scar to the Speedway. Listening to the note, MPH says aloud: "It seems the killer thinks they are good but under Jadis' spell. I hope we find him soon."

OOC: I guessed Stitch but not Stitch and Minnie because I didn't read the trivia question well enough to know the answer was two characters. A good reminder the details in the game are important and can provide good clues based on past games.

Aurora starts to pack up and follow Scar when Kaa arrives and throws his two sense in to the mix.

Suddenly Aurora wakes up and finds herself on the ground and moat of the detectives have left city hall. Aurora decides that whatever is happening to her is not normal and she needs to be checked out by the nurse. Aurora asks the detectives in city hall to tell Scar she will meet up with them later and to please text any information found. Aurora heads to the first aid station.

Toad calls he crew to meet up out front of city hall. They then head to the Speedway and meet up with Scar, Luigi, and the other detectives. They sit there and read over the note. Meanwhile, Mole and the goat hop onto the track and do a quick lap.

Dodo has finally made it to transportation area just as Scar reads the note. Dodo takes out another piece of paper and writes it all down. Another tree - gone!! He also takes out his list of suspects and like Tink, marks off all the villains. That doesn't leave too many of them. Maybe a new list is in order.

While Dodo is reading the notes again, his transport and assistant are racing Mole and the goat on the track. Hope they don't have a minor accident, thinks Dodo, or a major one either. So, the note says another princess is going to die. HMMMMM....wonder which one this time? There are so many to choose from and apparently the killer thinks any princess will do. Hope it's not someone he knows.

**OOC Hope I made the count, I just forget I'm supposed to count:) I just read and then post.

Last edited:
*Chessie, who had opted not to wait for Aurora to wake and followed Scar to the speedway, takes the offered note from Scar and reads it quickly.*

Chessie: 'Good and bad are so subjective, but the killer doesn't consider himself bad. So we have a self-considered good person doing bad things for a reason that we're meant to already know? In additon to having something against princesses, this fellow is becoming a royal pain in the ... .'

*Chessie's voice trails off as he looks at the note again for further clues that he suspects might be there.*

Iago thinks of the archenemies up the road at Universal Studios....he can't help but wonder if the killer has been put under an Imperious Curse by that devil, Voldemort. OH NO, he thinks, I NAMED him! Then he realizes that this is ridiculous; he doesn't really exist. Iago longingly looks out at the track at the racers. Realizing he can't drive, he zips off after them and begins flying alongside them in lane 3....go Iago go!

Back