• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts

MG2:KILLER IN THE KINGDOM--the game starts
*Following Scar's lead, Chessie disappears and reappears inside the little house attached to the attraction and finds the very distraught Brer Rabbit. Brer Rabbit is so upset by whatever he found that it makes his thick Southern accent even harder to understand, but there is a plate of fresh sushi on the table and the Cat has heard about this famed Southern hospitality. Chessie thinks twice when remembers that this is a crime scene and spots what is left of Ariel.*

Chessie: 'I thought, somewhere along the lines, this tale - or is it tail - would take a fishy turn. But with all the cameras in this attraction, maybe one of them picked up something?'

*Not waiting for an answer, the Cat starts looking around for clues.*

Dodo decides that since everyone is trying to climb in, around, on top of and near the flume, perhaps it would be better is he looked somewhere else for clues. He asks someone to turn on the lights inside the ride. He enters the exit and locates the beginning of the brier patch. Deciding this might be a good place to begin, he gets out the flash flight and begins to search.
briarpatch.jpg

He tries to very carefully maneuverer his way around the "briers" but several of them manage to poke him in very sensitive places. He uses his flashlight (very CSI like) and looks carefully around. After several more sharp stabs, Dodo decides that this is too painful an area to search. He moves carefully away from the briers and heads further into the ride.
He comes across two birds sitting on a perch.
buzzards.jpg

"Hello," called Dodo. "Have you seen anything strange going on in here lately?" The buzzards look at him as though he has lost his mind. "Everything in here is strange, in case you haven't noticed." they reply. At least Dodo thinks that's what they said since he doesn't speak buzzard. How rude, thought Dodo. They might at least have replied in a language I could understand. Ignoring the conversation the two buzzards seem to be having, Dodo looks around the area and finding nothing decides to move on toward the front of the ride. He shines his little light everywhere and looks carefully in all the tiny spaces but finds nothing that doesn't belong there.

He arrives at Beret Rabbit's home and is greeted by the friendly blue bird.
SplashMountain.jpg

The bird sings to him:

Look high, look low
look all around
a clue can be found
quite near the ground

Look up look down
look on the ground
the clue's right there
so search with care

Dodo listens carefully to what the blue bird says and carefully looks down on the ground around the tiny mailbox. There, right there just near the post is what appears to be a small piece of dark red fabric. Dodo quickly whips out an evidence bag, but before picking up the cloth he carefully photographs its location. Deciding this might be important, he quickly texts all the others, including Scar, that he has found something. Deciding that they impending stampede might destroy additional evidence, he decides to put the fabric in the evidence bag and seal it.

Could this be the place Ariel was murdered? Dodo looks for signs of a stuggle or footprints, but nothing else seems to be easily spotted. He sits down next to the rabbit to wait for Scar to come.

Tink gets dodos text message and flies to where dodo is sitting. Tinks sees that dodo has done a great job of preserving the evidence and the scene. Not bad for a rookie! Tink tells dodo "what a good job". Tink sits and waits for instructions from scar.

Iago thinks to himself, this is odd. If the Bluebird can sing about a clue, why can't we interrogate him for what else he knows? The buzzards are also an unusual bunch; Iago knows they speak their own language, but it is quite similar to customary bird-speak. Is it possible they didn't say, "Everything in here is strange, in case you haven't noticed," but instead something close?

Once again, Iago loses himself in thought and finds himself flying right past the Tiki Room. He ducks in to say hi to the troops, but finds nobody. He looks at his cell, and notices the time, and that explains why he can't find anyone around. It's break time! Darn unions.

He leaves a note asking the group to carry on without him for now, and says he'll be back soon. Iago flaps through the walkway connecting Adventureland with Frontierland and returns to the scene of the latest crime to congratulate Dodo.

OOC* Remember if you think you know who the killer is then PM me --also if you haven't recieved a clue or info to reveal this game raise your hand in an OOC and I will try my best at some point to get you some info

*Scar makes his way over to where Dodo is.."Hmm a SMALL PIECE OF DARK RED FABRIC...Good work Dodo..I do believe you have officially found a clue. Keep searching everyone. "

Dodo puffs out his chest at Scar's kind words. So, all that looking, digging, scrounging about did finally get a result. Dodo solomly hands over the evidence bag to Scar so it can be sent to the lab for processing. He's a bit hesitant to be this close to the big lion, but pride will not allow him to cower at this important time. Scar takes the evidence bag and sends a minion off to the lab with the bag. Dodo is grateful that he found the material, but how does this relate to the killer? Was it his or did he bring it with him to throw us off the scent? What type of "material" is it. Dodo thought it might a cloth or canvas, but since he is just a rookie, he is hesitant to put forth his opinion. Having seen the evidence first hand has not been helpful to poor Dodo at all.

Last edited:
*Chessie receives a text from Dodo saying that he found something. Curious as to what that could be, he quickly disappears and reappears at Dodo's side, in time to see him holding a PIECE OF DARK RED FABRIC in an evidence bag.*

Chessie (grinning at Dodo): 'See, you do have a clue about what's going on here. Well, you did have a clue ... '

*Chessie's voice trails off as Dodo hands the fabric in the evidence bag over to Scar*

Chessie: 'But you've just handed it over to Scar. So now, what are you going to do with the clue ... and clues ... that you did have?'

*Chessie starts floating in the air, grinning, waiting patiently for the scene to wrap up as he doesn't think there is anything else to find.*

Aurora is at the first aid station and is being looked over by the nurse. Everything is going fine until The sond when you wish upon a star comes on over the loud speaker and Aurora falls asleep. The nurse is amazed by what just happened and hasn't exactly put all of the pieces together. Once Aurora wakes up the nurse realizes that Aurora has no idea that she just fell asleep. The nurse tells her what happened but doesn't know what caused her to fall asleep. The nurse decides to draw blood and run a frew more tests. When Aurora is done with all of the tests the nurse tells her she will call her with the results.

Aurora nods just as her phone rings. Its Tink telling her about Ariel being forund at Splash Mountain. Aurora again is distraught but heads to Splash - there are not many of us left!! SHe thinks to herself - we have to catch this killer!!!

**OCC I haven't had a clue yet either

**OCC - Mulan isn't a princess - is she?

OOC: Mulan is grouped in with the Disney princesses but I don't believe that she *technically* is a princess. If I remember the movie correctly, Mulan marries into an extremely wealthy and powerful military family that is very close to the Emperor, but isn't (I don't think) royalty itself. Since Mulan isn't born royalty and never marries a prince, emperor, etc., I think that whether or not Mulan should be considered a Disney princess is highly debatable and, most likely, very subjective, depending upon who you ask.

Anton, standing still outside the attraction, receives word that a detective has found another clue inside. He then hears that it was the daft bird that has discovered the latest shred of mystery.

Can we really confide in information found by such a feebleminded fowl?

703px-Scar.jpg

*Pleased that Dodo has found a clue and that they are one step closer to finding the killer once and for all, Scar is still double checking. He sees his Hyena minions arrive to cleanup the scene, but before he can stop them one takes a bite of Ariel.*

hyenamunch.jpg

"So that's what sushi tastes like."

thumbnail-3.jpg

SCAR* "You fool. That could be evidence. Why don't you eat that pig instead since he is late to the scene." *Scar points to Pumba walking casually down the dry river bed.*

pumba.jpg

*Suddenly the attraction is filled with a loud noise and Scar yells.* "EVERYONE OUT OF THE RIVERBED NOW!! SOMEONE HAS TURNED THE WATER BACK ON>!!!"

thumbnailCA7OG2IQ.jpg

*Everyone makes it to safety except Pumba who is shocked and can't move.*

thumbnailCAFJ4UKH.jpg

*The rushing water fills the riverbed taking Pumba and any evidence left with it. We hear Pumba scream his last Hakuna Matata as he is washed over the falls with a loud splat as he hits the bottom.*

OOC* Pumba's death is from the post count requirements last round. I will send info out to Sue. Others who haven't had a clue or info---thankyou for telling me so I can try to get to you soon.

OOC2* A NEW MINIMUM POST COUNT STARTS HERE 4 in 48 hours

Last edited:
*Still floating in air, Chessie's attention is caught as a piece of the mermaid sushi goes flying through the air and lands in one of Scar's hyenas' mouths. Scar is disgusted that one of his minions would eat a piece of evidence, but the Cat is more intrigued by this - and always looking to cause trouble by being a bit cheeky.*

Chessie (to the hyena, in a tone of voice that may or may not be serious): 'Would you say that mermaid sushi tastes more like fish or chicken? I know that mermaid comes from the sea, but everything supposedly tastes like chicken, so ... .'

*The Cat doesn't get to finish his thought because he is interrupted by Scar, ordering everyone out of the riverbed because the water has been turned back on. All thoughts of mermaid sushi forgotten, Chessie quickly disappears and reappears to safety as poor Pumba gets swept along to his demise.*

Rafiki sees the Hyenas arrive on the scene and know that they will be up to no good. What is it Zazu called them "slobbering mangy stupid poachers" that's right.

He watches in horror as one of them takes a bite out of Ariel's tail. Scar, control your minions please!!

He sees the water come rushing down the ride "PUMBAA, quick run, PUMBAA!"

Rafiki is sad to see the demise of poor Pumbaa, my dear friend.

Dodo is basking the praise from the other detectives and realizes that Anton's comment is just meaningless because he did find an important clue. After all, Anton's brain may have been damaged when he ate Rapunzel. When Scar's minions arrive at the scene, one of them proceeds to take a bite out of the victim. Dodo looks on in abject horror as he chews up the Princess's tail. Scar roars at them to stop that, and fortunately they do. Dodo is now worried they will eat someone else since apparently they are quite hungry. He quietly moves away from the group and then Scar roars for everyone to get out quickly.

Dodo moves as quickly as his little legs will go and just barely makes it outside before the water comes rushing by. He squawks loudly as he is once again soaking wet and had his pipe ruined by the water. Then he realizes that Pumba was unable to move in time to avoid the rushing falls. As Dodo walks over to the edge, he sees poor Pumba's smashed body below. He solemnly removes his hat in respect for the chubby little warthog.

Last edited:
Tink watches in horror as those filthy flearidden mongerals take a bite out of ariels tail. then she hears a loud roar as the water is turned back on and the plume of water sweeps away puumba as well as any other evidence that may have been there. She wishes that all of this would stop, but knows it wont until the killer is found.

Toad and crew make it over to Splash Mountain and start searching around. They get the message from Scar and rush down to see Ariel dead. Toad thinks to himself, "I guess this isn't the 'Under the Sea' she was talking about." Before Toad can do much more, they see the rushing water come down the flume and engulf panic-stricken Pumbaa.

Iago watches with intrigue and concern as Pumba is overcome by the water. In addition to sadness, he also chuckles to himself thinking of several things: first, it's probably the first bath Pumba has ever had, and second, although Pumba's not a princess by any stretch, he's certainly seen some princess who looked like warthogs.
Alas, one less detective and one less friend....

Iago wonders if the water being turned back on was intentional or simply Disney efficiency. Was Pumba close to finding some key information or simply rooting around? Probably the latter, but it's still worth questioning.

Aurora arrives at Splash Mountain just as Scar is yelling at everyone to get out of the river bed. Aurora watches as Pumba is swept away witht he rushing water. Aurora asks the other detectives. "Did we find anything else, before the water came back on?" Aurora realizes that they now have two bodies to clean up. She wonders if the water coming back on was deliberate or accident. Aurora goes to check the room that controls the water shut off's. Aurora takes her body guard with her.

Toad pauses at the demise of the warthog. He then sends Rat and MacBadger off to investigate the water control system. "All of these 'accidents' can't be so random." Toad thinks to himself. Toad and Mole hang around with the other detectives, waiting for the next development.

Pumba's ghost drifts into view.

"I was late arriving at Splash Mountain because when I walked by the It's a Small World attraction I smelled a very sweet smell..it smelled like lemons and cinnamon. It distracted me so I took the quick way up the dry track and suddenly it wasn't dry anymore."

OOC: Sorry for going AWOL. I thought I'd be able to keep up while on my course but a dodgy signal and long hours meant I missed the post count. Pumba's ghost will be back on Monday to lend a hand.

Back