• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Mickey's of Glendale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mickey's of Glendale

MMiano

Princess Mmiano
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
[h=6]Can anyone explain to me exactly what Mickey's of Glendale is??? I won a pin in a contest and as a special surprise I got a golden ticket for admission for me and one other person to got there on a Saturday from 8am-12pm. Any information would be wonderful!!! I've never been there so I'm really excited!!! :D[/h]

Mickey's Of Glendale = WDI = Walt Disney Imagineering Center. What it is? Sale of new Sorcerer Hats, WDI exclusive pins and merchandise and many other things.

Definitely bring your $$, patience, friend, trading bags (in the car) and have fun. :) Its a great experience to meet a lot of people from the boards. A lot of people sit outside the store in the courtyard opening their mystery boxes and trade with each other creating their full sets. Some also trade out of their books too.

Congratulations! It's the Cast Member store on the campus of Walt Disney Imagineering. It's a fairly good size, carries lots of lines of merch including all the WDI-exclusive pins and other collectibles. General public pays the prices listed, while cast members receive their usual discounts. Unless things have changed, annual passholders do NOT get their discount here. Definitely go, and enjoy yourself!

What Contest did you win???

It was a contest from Mouse Pin Trading on Facebook. They had a contest a while back to name the El Capitan Ghost. The contest was over a month ago and I never received my pin until today. I found out that the pin had been lost in the mail and contacted the person who led it. The person who held the contest was so sorry they wanted to send me a surprise along with the pin. He said it was a valuable piece of paper. I opened it today and lo and behold I received a golden ticket to Mickey's of Glendale as well as the pin that I won which was a LE Snow White Scary Adventures pin from WDW!!!! :)

Mickey's Of Glendale = WDI = Walt Disney Imagineering Center. What it is? Sale of new Sorcerer Hats, WDI exclusive pins and merchandise and many other things.

Definitely bring your $$, patience, friend, trading bags (in the car) and have fun. :) Its a great experience to meet a lot of people from the boards. A lot of people sit outside the store in the courtyard opening their mystery boxes and trade with each other creating their full sets. Some also trade out of their books too.

Thank you for the information!!! :) I only have 4 traders right now.

I got a golden ticket as well. I bought a what they call a "grab bag" when you get to the register last time I was there and I won the ticket. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's just a regular day there or an event of some sort? It just says admission on that day.

I got a golden ticket as well. I bought a what they call a "grab bag" when you get to the register last time I was there and I won the ticket. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's just a regular day there or an event of some sort? It just says admission on that day.

I was told that it was probably a special event....

Golden tickets are good for a special Saturday sale at the store. It's usually open only weekdays to employees and guests. On special Saturday's they are open. You can go to the next one with that ticket. :)

Congratulations on your good fortune. Mickey's of Glendale is NOT to be missed. I'm ever so greatful for my one opportunity to visit when a friend took me there. We even had lunch at the Disney studio cafateria. I only regret that the rules did not permit me to use my camera while there.

If I were closer to the campus, I'd gladly volunteer to be the "and one"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back