• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Most expensive pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most expensive pin?
The most I've paid for a pin was 40 lol

Most expensive pin? Maybe the tux Figgy? Idk.

But soon, the most expensive pin will be an Avatar dressed as Rapunzel.

Individual pins. I don't remember the exact totals, but $33-$35 ish each for these:

pin1342
and
pin5110

Most expensive pin set, would be my Designer Princess set, but thankfully I am only paying retail for that.

Paid $210 for
pin27857

I don't remember the rest but I most likely paid in the $150 - $200 range for my harder pins, like my Alice Gomes.

I paid $190 for
pin39958
Wish I could find another since I ended up giving it to Ashley for her birthday...

WOW $1500 thats a crazy amount ive heard of pins going in this price range i just never thought people really did

in my case it was this..

warrick.jpg

This is one of the original metal badges worn at Disneyland, in 1955. Very few have survived the 50 years since they were discontinued. This one is even more rare, as it was a badge made for the Disneyland Department 41 supervisor. They made less than a dozen of this kind of metal badge, and only 4 are known to still exist. To give you an idea, the metal badges that have employee numbers, like pinpics 49256, sell for $2,000 or more. This supervisor badge, were it to come up on ebay, would sell for twice that, quite easily. So you see what I mean when I got it for a steal at $1,500! :hsd:

$365 (including postage) for the designer princess set, and for an individual pin it's about $240 (incluidng customs) for the LE 25 tiana. Although that might be beaten by the LE 25 Naveen if I get caught for customs!

The most I ever spent on one pin was $165 back in 2005. It was Pin 42573: Disney Auctions - Stitch as Elvis Pave (jumbo). I bought it directly through D.A. I'm just glad I only bought one for myself -- no traders.

Guilty! I did spend $175 for Pin 32272: Disney Auctions - Elisabete Gomes 5 Pin Set (Alice in Wonderland). But my reasoning was that I sold Pin 48041: DSF - Pirates of the Caribbean - Medallion Coin - Surprise Release for over $200, so I tell myself it is all relative! Heaven help me if the Disney Auctions - Alice in Wonderland 50th Ann. Series ever gets listed on the bay as a whole set.....

Y'know, if I had the money, I think I would get that Disneyland I.D. pin also. Awesome piece of Disneyland history!

Hopemax, I love that Fantasyland pin, really pretty!

I guess I'm a real amateur (for lack of better description) paying lots of money for a pin. I spent about $50 on the 2005 Auctions Hanukkah pin, and it was (is) totally worth it to me. I'm all caught up on Hanukkah pins (one of my collections), I just have to stay current now and buy as they come out.

mine will be Pin 30830: WDW -AK - Adventures in Pin Trading - Jumbo Pin - Nala & Simba which i payed $140 with shipping and insurance, this pin was pricy but worthy, plus it is signed by the artist and stuff, i know u guys will think i am crazy, but i actually bought this pin to make it a trader since i already own this pin(and i love it, it is my favorite) and i know how beautiful and huge and well made it is, so i decided to buy to to trade it.

keeping in mind that i seen it sell for no lower than $129 on ebay a while ago(i only seen it for sale once) and this pin's original price is $55 and it came out in 2004(i believe so) and it was an event only pin and it features a pin on pin element with 6 pins on it and it is signed by artist, i think i got it for a fair price. :)

in my case it was this..

warrick.jpg

This is one of the original metal badges worn at Disneyland, in 1955. Very few have survived the 50 years since they were discontinued. This one is even more rare, as it was a badge made for the Disneyland Department 41 supervisor. They made less than a dozen of this kind of metal badge, and only 4 are known to still exist. To give you an idea, the metal badges that have employee numbers, like pinpics 49256, sell for $2,000 or more. This supervisor badge, were it to come up on ebay, would sell for twice that, quite easily. So you see what I mean when I got it for a steal at $1,500! :hsd:

That's some serious dough for a pin!! I completely understand though. It's very nice that someone that treasures it has it!!

The most I have paid for a single pin is $175 - for Stitch as Master Gracie
The seller was asking more - but got it down a bit!! We love this pin!! :)
pin62612

14 trading / 318 wanting

Oh mercy, I'll definitely be deemed a complete nut if I confess, but suffice it was a lot because I used to buy the new auctions when DA was alive/well. When I was a newbie I got tired of all the 'no' TA responses, so I dumped a slew of money in to LE 100 sets back then to beef up my traders for the older pins...well, the ones that were older back then. Ha...then, as many of you know, my finances changed dramatically...

...but I wouldn't have met my boyfriend who is an avid trader as well and UNDERSTANDS my compulsion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back