• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Multiple Accounts and/or Ghost Accounts - Are They Allowed?

Multiple Accounts and/or Ghost Accounts - Are They Allowed?

Story

I Dream of Disney ;D
Rating - 100%
281   0   0
Are Multiple Accounts and/or Ghost Accounts for members allowed?

Maybe it is just me, but I have noticed on several occasions "New" members coming on and posting veiled attacks or sometimes outright attacks towards other members. The reason I am posting this thread is because I noticed this behavior occurring in the discussion thread for the upcoming Beloved Tales release. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen either. It just got me wondering if this is even monitored and if people are allowed to have multiple accounts.

I know the main way to probably investigate this is thru the IP address, and I know that these addresses could be the same for some members for legitimate reasons (such as pin collectors living under the same household) So I know ghost accounts can't always be prevented. But there are some accounts that pop up out of nowhere (and sometimes suspiciously after a fight or some other disagreement) that it's just kind of annoying not sure whether it's an actual new member, or someone with a grudge that doesn't want to say it on their own account.

I am not asking this question because I want another account- I"m good with just keeping track of one :lol: And maybe I am alone in my suspicions. But just thought I'd bring the subject up in case anyone else was wondering about it too :dunno:

We notice it just as well, and typically will give an infraction to both the "ghost" account, and the regular account. Hiding behind a veil only works for those that don't know! ;)

We have also wondered about this during some discussions, but, also concerned about Trade Auctions. It would not be unimaginable to have someone "bidding" on their own auction under a different account. We would hope that no one would ever do that, but it could be a potential problem if multiple accounts existed for the same person.

We notice it just as well, and typically will give an infraction to both the "ghost" account, and the regular account. Hiding behind a veil only works for those that don't know! ;)

Thanks so much for the quick response!! You guys are awesome :cool: That answers my question/concerns completely! =)

We have also wondered about this during some discussions, but, also concerned about Trade Auctions. It would not be unimaginable to have someone "bidding" on their own auction under a different account. We would hope that no one would ever do that, but it could be a potential problem if multiple accounts existed for the same person.

Yes I have wondered about that too- I don't really pay much attention to auctions as they are usually out of my league, but hopefully it would be able to be spotted out if someone used different accounts in that way.

I did'nt think it happens? but maybe it does.
I dont think a rule 1 account per ip adress should be implemented though because as you said sometimes more than 1 person in a household collects. I did'nt want to share my account with my sister as we collect 2 compleately different things so she has her own account but barely posts, not as crazy as I am xD

I collect Vinylmations! I'm the keeper of the pin bags. LOL
And she is good! Organizing her pin bags for the end of the month event, thanks for asking.

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing recently. I'm glad I'm not the only one. My daughter has an account but hasn't been on for a long time.

Its too bad that a few bad apples are trying to ruin the best place with the best people!

Back