• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

My Collection - so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Collection - so far!

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Hello everyone!

I've only been collecting for about 2 months now, so my collection is still rather small, but I thought I'd show it off anyway.

animals2.jpg

I started off collecting just about anything that caught my eye, but since then I've decided to concentrate on classic Disney animals. So far I have some Figaro (my favorite!), some Bambi characters, Lady and the Tramp, and Jaq and Gus from Cinderella, but I'm looking to collect a lot more! (Dalmatians, Lucifer, Si and Am, etc.) I'm especially interested in full-body animal pins, as opposed to scenes or just faces.​

chipdale2-1.jpg

I also have a tiny Chip and Dale collection, because they were my favorites as a little girl. ("There's no case too big, no case too small - When you need help just call "Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip and Dale, Rescue Rangers!") My favorite pin in my Chip & Dale collection is my Gadget Hawkwrench pin. Golly!

random.jpg

Lastly, these are my pins that just don't fit into the other themes, but I love them anyway.

My stretch portrait pin with Minnie Mouse on the tightrope is one of my absolute favorites for several reasons - Firstly, The Haunted Mansion is my favorite Disneyland attraction. Secondly, the stretch portrait room is my favorite part of the ride. Thirdly, the tightrope girl is my favorite stretching portrait. And fourthly, they used Tic Toc (from Peter Pan) as the crocodile! Too cool. Oh, and fifthly (Is that a word?) - It was one of the first pins I bought for myself.

I'm thinking of buying the other three character stretch portraits next time I'm at Disneyland to complete the set, but aside from that, I think I'm done with collecting Haunted Mansion pins. (I prefer the cute animals!) :)

The Peter Pan pins are mostly random ones I've come across while trading that I've decided to keep for myself. Peter Pan was one of my favorite movies growing up, and the book by JM Barrie remains one of my favorite reads to this day. Later down the road, I may decide to focus on putting together a Peter Pan collection, but for now, I'm concentrating on animals.
(Although, I may add, the "Return to Neverland" Lost Boys pins 9856-9862 are the closest thing I have to holy grails.)

If you have any pins you think I might like (You can check out my wants list to get an idea), I would very much appreciate doing some trades. Although I haven't been trading for long, I already have a handful of references both on this forum and at the Reference Center on Pin Pics, so you know I can be trusted!

Anyway, thanks a lot for checking out my collection, and for all the wonderful support and advice you all have already given me. This forum is full of such wonderful people. I am lucky to have found it. :)

Thanks again.
Sara a.k.a. Sora a.k.a. SoraPandora

excited.gif

Last edited:
you have the owl? i love him. i'm thinking i might have to start an owl collection with him and the pooh owl. i just love 'em! he's so cute! thanks for posting the pics, they're great!

@zoelovespins - Thank you! I will!

@HiddenMickeys - A Disney owl collection would be awesome! Don't forget Archimedes from The Sword in the Stone and Big Mama, from the Fox and the Hound, although I'm not sure if there are any pins of her. :)

Before reading all your replies - I had it in my head to say how excellent the owl was!
For an owl collection maybe there's some of the owl from Sleeping Beauty, too?

Excellent collection anyway :)

@PrincessxJasmine89 - Thanks. I guess you can say I've been bit by the pin bug. About half of my pins were bought - either at Disneyland or via eBay auctions, and the rest were traded for, either at the parks, Downtown Disney, or via PinPics.

@DisneyOlivia - I forgot about the owl from Sleeping Beauty! He was so cute dressed up like a prince.

My owl pin was one of the very first pins I traded for. (Actually, the second, after Phineas the hitchhiking ghost.) I went up to a janitor at Disneyland who had him on his lanyard and I was like "Ooooohhh, you have Friend Owl!" and he looked kind of shocked at how excited I was. Then my best friend's boyfriend asked "Is that the owl from Winnie the Pooh?" and I kind of screamed "NOO! It's the owl from Bambil!!" and that kind of scared everyone, I think. :) The end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back